Wiimageddon 2012

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 9 October 2011 19:29:30
    Long ago on a Mayan Messageboard, the armchair warriors of the day were inxplicably bored with Mario and predicted Nintendo were doomed in 2012.

2011 - the present. Investors are mad as a hatter and yet, Xenoblade is out, Wiis were dusted off and put away as Dolphin was booted up instead. Despite a laggy start, The Legend of Zelda, Skyward Sword is squeezing amble amounts of hype juice from nerd receptacles.

The best Nintendo has even announced The Last Spirits Within and Pandora's Thingie for 2012, even a Rhythm Partygame that doesn't induce a coma. No one will buy them but its nice to know they are available. So all is seemingly well in the world of Waggle, but did you ever stop to think about the games you'd never heard of - DID YOU?

- Crafts & Meister's Earthseeker is out for a duck
    - Marvelous' Night of the Sacrifice is deemed unfit to play
    - Prope's Rodea the Sky Soldier is declared not out, kidnapped by Kadokawa.

Talking of hostages, your childhood is being rescued by Million's River City Ransom 2 on WiiWare and you can share it with others in Dragon Quest X Online The Five Awakening Racists or Pay 2 Play Forever Alone.

So this is a thread to discuss the oddies, the last games left behind and what we think should be their EU fate - DEBATE NOW!
  • Deleted user 9 October 2011 19:34:33
    In 2012 the Wii console became sentient (a shock really given how little else it did by that time) and went on a rampage against all the old people that had purchased one due to their combined love of bowling and their fear of the outdoors and young people.

The streets were left bathed in blood. They called it Wiimageddon 2012.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2011 19:50:27
    Hehe. Must've been overloaded with the decent looking Go Vacation from Namco and Ganbarion's Family Trainer Magical Carnival out next month looks pretty decent as well.

It turned into SKYNET when the self defense systems kicked in after a carehome attempted to play the US version of the rather spiffing Fishing Resort from Prope without custom firmware.
    --------------------------------------------
    So, er yeah, late gen Wii games, which ones are people interested in that are already out and which of the ones unannounced would you most like to see.

Pandora's Tower is day one for me, really like what I see and Jin totally sold me on it. Hearing mixed things about The Last Story, but curious after uiruki posted thought. But as with Rhythm Heaven Wii might have to wait till later in the year.

Night of the Sacrifice is the one I'd like brought over, dying for survival horror and even got a Wii Fit board lying about. Rodea the Sky Soldier is a potential buy, but it isn't even confirmed for release, so not sure if we'll ever see it or if it'll be saved from purgatory with an updated Wii U version.
  • Deleted user 10 October 2011 16:45:49
    Earth Seeker and Rodea definitely. If they'd bring over Takt of Magic, I'd buy that as well.

• Deleted user 10 October 2011 19:25:25
    I'm not familiar with Takt of Magic, but going back a bit, always wanted to see Captain Rainbow brought over. BTW has there been any import coverage for Earth Seeker besides the link you posted on RSG?

Sad to see so little coverage of these games.
  • figaro7 10 Oct 2011 22:03:02 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Watched some videos of earth seeker, looked interesting to say the least, actually not that fussed about any of the 3 you mentioned though as the last story was just confirmed for AU release and as long as pandora's tower gets here as well, its all sweet.
  • BartonFink 10 Oct 2011 23:05:13 34,853 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Call of duty 3.
    Pah !! Crysis 0.1
  • Deleted user 11 October 2011 09:08:55
    HermitArcader wrote:
    I'm not familiar with Takt of Magic, but going back a bit, always wanted to see Captain Rainbow brought over. BTW has there been any import coverage for Earth Seeker besides the link you posted on RSG?

Sad to see so little coverage of these games.

I haven't found anything new on Earth Seeker beyond what's on the RSG Forum that you mentioned.

RSG Forum Thread on Earth Seeker

Regarding Takt of Magic, there's an interesting user review at gamefaqs:

"The most underrated game on the Wii"

It's up to Nintendo now. Best thing any Wii owners can do is to contact them enquiring about these games - and hope that sooner or later, they get the hint, take the plunge, and bring the fruits of Japanese culture to the rest of the world.

NintendoServiceCentre@codestorm.co.uk
  • roz123 11 Oct 2011 17:57:02 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That Go Vacation looks fucking huge. It could be a surprise hit if its well advertised. I reckon the Abba game will be a fairly big seller as well
  • pinebear 11 Oct 2011 18:17:51 8,565 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    That Go Vacation looks fucking huge. It could be a surprise hit if its well advertised. I reckon the Abba game will be a fairly big seller as well

Go Vacation is out today in the US ^_^

The Abba thing, not sure, I think all the Just Dance fans will be saving for Just Dance 3.

• Deleted user 11 October 2011 18:36:10
    @EndlessSolitute - ta for the links, from that review, Takt brings to mind Lost Kingdom on Gamecube.

Heard it mentioned on the WAH podcast about Namco's Go Vacation having a huge budget and a five years development which helps to explain the size and ambition of the game.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2011 18:24:36
    Bumping this otherwise DOA thread as I just spotted Aksys Games has brought together all the Bit Trip series into a retail edition for North America.

Really hope it gets snuck out over here as I enjoyed the demo for Best and would like to pick it up without having to resort using the terrible store with its high prices and lack of accounts.
  • figaro7 24 Oct 2011 21:43:48 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Would like them to bring rune factory tides of destiny over as well, or does that already have a pal release date?
  • Deleted user 25 October 2011 20:41:16
    I get confused by the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series when figuring out which is which, but I've yet to see a release date.

Rising Star Games seem to get around to them all eventually, having put one from each series on DS in September. Can't remember if I've seen you post on the RSG forum before but it might be worth asking on theRune Factory sub forum.
  • Deleted user 25 October 2011 20:42:10
    roz123 wrote:
    I'll be getting vacation, looks a lot of fun.
  • roz123 25 Oct 2011 20:51:14 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I tried it and wouldn't recommend it after playing for an hour coop. very easy, really bad music and framerate problems. Obviously I only scratched the surface and saw a small sample of it
  • Deleted user 3 November 2011 18:41:12
    Rising Star Games are publishing Bit Trip Complete for Wii (and 3DS) in Q1 2012, complete wih soundtrack and other goodies.

Keep the faith Wii owners, there's still some hope for humanity averting Wiimageddon 2012 yet.
  • figaro7 3 Nov 2011 20:16:43 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seeing as Wii U wont be finalised to e3 2012, the console wont be out until late next year so another year of scarse released until then. About time Bit trip complete is coming out, nice little bonus in the soundtrack as well.
  • Deleted user 26 April 2012 09:42:05
    Well, at least Epic Mickey 2 should be out this year, or thereabouts.

Still no news on Earth Seeker or Rodea though.

Edited by EndlessSolitude at 09:42:37 26-04-2012
  • Deleted user 15 June 2012 15:25:10
    Operation Rainfall's Earth Seeker page:

Everything We Know About Earth Seeker

Edited by EndlessSolitude at 15:26:04 15-06-2012
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next