Next generation of consoles come in Page 158

  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 12:21:52 1,936 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    mikeck wrote:
    It is almost 100% correct to assume the 'source' they spoke to was correct with every aspect of information they shared.
    Not in any sane reporting standard. There was more than one source and they all seemed to agree. If they were each willing to talk to Kotaku, then a more reasonable approach would be to paraphrase each sources' claims, do a little research on the opposite side, report both and let the reader make their own conclusions.

    This is a part of the paragraph in question:

    These sources have told us that, comparatively, Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4
    How comparatively? On what measure? In what way? These are not hard facts that can either be correct or incorrect. They depend on interpretation. It is not 100% correct to assume anything was correct, its sloppy journalism and sloppy thinking.

    It's likely that both Sony and Microsoft are having their own issues preparing software for their launches, just by thinking of it in a common sense way. Any swipe of that for the purpose of drudging up conversation is just rumor mongering for the sake of it.
    I do see what you're saying, sure.

    I'm presuming it would be correct from this 'readers' own informed opinion - however, as I'm now out of the loop, and my own understanding of things (directly) is a good few months out of date, that could be very different now.

    Therefore, I'm not trying to argue that the approach from Kotaku is correct, rather, my own knowledge and assumptions make me determine these sources are legitimate and the information provided correct.

    Obviously, it could not be, but my contention is that it's likely true.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 12:22:43 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ffs Jin it's console rumours on a video game site. Who fucking cares. It might be true, it might not.

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 12:23:33
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Ffs Jin it's console rumours on a video game site. Who fucking cares. It might be true, it might not.
    Your post is pure speculation and not admissible in this trial.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 12:25:36 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's like getting pissed at Heat magazine because they didn't corroborate their hearsay evidence that William and Kate had a fight during breakfast and she spent the day crying and eating terry's chocolate orange.

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 12:26:20
    It's irresponsible journalism is what it is.
  • Deckard1 30 Apr 2013 12:26:45 28,244 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They had a fight?! But the seem so in love. Did it say whether they're going to be ok?
  • EMarkM 30 Apr 2013 12:30:09 3,174 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    They had a fight?! But the seem so in love. Did it say whether they're going to be ok?
    Something something Paris something tunnel something?
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 12:30:45 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Deckard1 sources close to the royal family say that he is simply overprotective of her because he loves her TOO much. They made up though and he bought her an island to say sorry.

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • barchetta 30 Apr 2013 12:34:38 1,337 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    But did he buy Terry another chocolate orange?
  • JinTypeNoir 30 Apr 2013 12:39:27 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mikeck wrote:

    Therefore, I'm not trying to argue that the approach from Kotaku is correct, rather, my own knowledge and assumptions make me determine these sources are legitimate and the information provided correct.

    Obviously, it could not be, but my contention is that it's likely true.
    And I see what you're saying. It's just that when you look at the launches of the Wii U, 3DS, PS3, Wii, 360 and DS, and then other classic launches, its rarer to have anything ready enough to satisfy the massive hype these companies put into their launch machines. Even if it were true, this isn't a story really, but like a greedy fat guy nibbling crumbs from everyone else's dishes in a restaurant, Kotaku will take anything they can get.
  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 12:39:28 9,431 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 12:39:32 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He killed terry and took his chocolate and his orange. Left him a banana. According to sources.

    Also, Gabe Newell may be making a game of it using the source engine, but I can't confirm or deny that.

    Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 12:41:13 60,135 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I know you hate western imperialist journalism, but pretty much all reporting is done by quoting people like that.

    Im not sure how it works in the east, but journalists generally report on 'sources' who have important 'information' but dont want to be 'revealed' for fear of 'getting the sack'.
    Nonononono. NO. First of all, knock if with the stupid east vs. west dichotomy. I haven't brought up any of that here because its irrelevant and you know it.

    Second, don't write something like this in response to a post talking about the irresponsibility of reporting hearsay these days in journalism around the world, regardless of language or country, by making it seem like I'm denying that its a good idea to reveal sources. You are completely 100% transparent.

    Third, nobody who has a healthy degree of skepticism believes in the validity of something like this, nor does anybody who has a realistic appraisal of video game launches up to this point. This is not Edge we're talking about, who probably had quite high standards when they reported on Nextbox's controversial possible features. You know, doing the work to corroborate rumors and find out how true they are, contacting officials for possible comments and restricting information to what is logically likely and more factual than in the realm of subjective analysis.

    Fourth, seriously, are you actually going to claim that Kotaku hasn't had a reputation of fishing for clicks with sensational articles for years now? And you're going to do this to spite me because you imagine I have some vendetta against all Western press, no matter what?

    No of course not, because all you and the other members "Let's shit up the Eurogamers boards whenever possible" gang are is a bunch of fundamentally disgruntled, unhappy people who feel they have to let out their frustrations on internet message boards because they aren't right enough in the head to command something meaningful out of their lives.
    Is there any chance you could distill this down into 140 characters or less?

    Because all im getting is 'I hate the west and I dont understand how journalism works'

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • mikeck 30 Apr 2013 12:53:40 1,936 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @JinTypeNoir You're certainly right about one thing, this is a non-story. "In shocking news, somebody at a company knows things the public doesn't" over to you for the important news Kotaku ;)
  • RobTheBuilder 30 Apr 2013 13:00:33 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Non News Rumour Sparks Internet Argument Shock!"
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 13:08:00 11,296 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
    I wish people only posted 10 words maximum, any more and it's too much for my tiny, attention span deprived brain,

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 13:10:26 9,431 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
    I wish people only posted 10 words maximum, any more and it's too much for my tiny, attention span deprived brain,
    You just described the average Nintendo fanboy better than I ever could. Thanks. Explains their ability to recreate the same game over and over again, and just because it if bright and colourful they sell bucketloads.
  • LeoliansBro 30 Apr 2013 13:11:07 44,415 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, there's literally no other benefit to brevity than that ecosse, you spongiform disgrace.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 13:11:48 11,296 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
    I wish people only posted 10 words maximum, any more and it's too much for my tiny, attention span deprived brain,
    You just described the average Nintendo fanboy better than I ever could. Thanks. Explains their ability to recreate the same game over and over again, and just because it if bright and colourful they sell bucketloads.
    Next time there's a post too long for you, just let me know and I'll summarise and simplify it.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 13:16:09 9,431 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
    I wish people only posted 10 words maximum, any more and it's too much for my tiny, attention span deprived brain,
    You just described the average Nintendo fanboy better than I ever could. Thanks. Explains their ability to recreate the same game over and over again, and just because it if bright and colourful they sell bucketloads.
    Next time there's a post too long for you, just let me know and I'll summarise and simplify it.
    Will make a change from you spazzing out and posting gay porn.
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 13:19:11 11,296 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Jin, why does every post you make take 3,000 words? Have you ever thought that being brief and succint might make people actually read what you write rather than have their eyes glaze over after the first 8 paragraphs and just ignore the rest?
    I wish people only posted 10 words maximum, any more and it's too much for my tiny, attention span deprived brain,
    You just described the average Nintendo fanboy better than I ever could. Thanks. Explains their ability to recreate the same game over and over again, and just because it if bright and colourful they sell bucketloads.
    Next time there's a post too long for you, just let me know and I'll summarise and simplify it.
    Will make a change from you spazzing out and posting gay porn.
    You are referring to a unique instance as if it were normal, repetitive behaviour. You seem to have trouble with correct use of the English language.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 13:19:23 60,135 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thats what he thinks summarising is.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Apr 2013 13:21:27 38,342 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Am I going to have to put you both in the naughty corner? Stop your bickering.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • DFawkes 30 Apr 2013 13:22:02 23,040 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this the thread for talking about the next gem consoles? Because I'd like to share my opinion. I don't have the space in my room for Kinect stuff, so assuming it is mandatory or even recommended I'd probably prefer a PS4.

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • RobTheBuilder 30 Apr 2013 13:22:32 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RyanDS did a Nintendo fanboy rape you or something? You do seem to have an Inordinate amount of anger towards them. Besides which, a next gen console forum is no place for a Nintendo debate...!
  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 13:24:45 60,135 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @RyanDS did a Nintendo fanboy rape you or something? You do seem to have an Inordinate amount of anger towards them.
    Its because your chief is the worst person on the forum by some margin.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • RyanDS 30 Apr 2013 13:24:47 9,431 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Is this the thread for talking about the next gem consoles? Because I'd like to share my opinion. I don't have the space in my room for Kinect stuff, so assuming it is mandatory or even recommended I'd probably prefer a PS4.
    Ps4 has the eye stuff built in. So could have the same issue.
  • RobTheBuilder 30 Apr 2013 13:27:20 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @nickthegun I'm not sure who you are referring to as chief? Given I criticised Nintendo in that very post I'm not sure of your point either.
  • glaeken 30 Apr 2013 13:28:16 11,197 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    Is this the thread for talking about the next gem consoles? Because I'd like to share my opinion. I don't have the space in my room for Kinect stuff, so assuming it is mandatory or even recommended I'd probably prefer a PS4.
    Ps4 has the eye stuff built in. So could have the same issue.
    And the new Kinect only requires you to have a 1 meter square living room.
  • DFawkes 30 Apr 2013 13:28:28 23,040 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    Is this the thread for talking about the next gem consoles? Because I'd like to share my opinion. I don't have the space in my room for Kinect stuff, so assuming it is mandatory or even recommended I'd probably prefer a PS4.
    Ps4 has the eye stuff built in. So could have the same issue.
    I wouldn't imagine so, it's more the fact you have to be really get on your feet that scuppers Kinect plans. I had the camera thing for PS3 as well as my Wii and they're both fine. Unless the games ask you to get especially wavy with your limbs ;)

    Edited by DFawkes at 13:29:43 30-04-2013

    Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

Log in or register to reply