Next generation of consoles come in Page 125

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• FarFromSane 7 Apr 2013 23:34:31 236 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If this turns out to be true I can still see it selling a lot especially in the States. Itís going to be a very intriguing E3 this year.

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• RobTheBuilder 7 Apr 2013 23:43:55 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @FarFromSane I'm not sure which bit you're referring to!
  • Dirtbox 8 Apr 2013 03:38:13 78,207 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Spunkweazle Nothing is always online, so there isn't a chance it has anything to do with anything.

Edited by Dirtbox at 03:38:51 08-04-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Ultrasoundwave 8 Apr 2013 11:46:54 3,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So, todays speculation include a £325 price-point and always-on pretty much being confirmed.

Also, no backwards compatibility.

I'm genuinely curious what the fuck Microsoft are up to......

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 11:47:17 08-04-2013

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deckard1 8 Apr 2013 11:48:58 27,983 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How much do you think the PS4 is going to be? At least £350-400 with those specs.

Edited by Deckard1 at 11:49:08 08-04-2013
  • Blerk Moderator 8 Apr 2013 11:49:04 48,225 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Somewhat amusing that that guy has a go at people making assumptions based on conjecture and hearsay immediately after making a bunch of assumptions based on conjecture and hearsay.
  • RobTheBuilder 8 Apr 2013 11:49:50 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave no backwards compatability... What a stupid stupid decision.

Did I say stupid?
    Totally stupid.

Idiots.
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Apr 2013 11:54:07 3,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    How much do you think the PS4 is going to be? At least £350-400 with those specs.
    The price doesnt actually bother me, i was expecting between £300 and £400 anyway.

However, always-on combined with a lack of backwards compatibility?, those are both shit decisions IF (see, i said if) their true.....

• Psychotext 8 Apr 2013 11:54:39 54,207 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Current best guess is that you don't buy games as such... something like Spotify where you have a subscription and play what you like.

It's really the only thing that makes sense, short of them having completely lost the plot.
  • RobTheBuilder 8 Apr 2013 11:58:11 6,521 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Psychotext could be a combined Netflix, music and live gold type thing.

But (rumours) still, always online, no used games, no backwards compatability, a bit rubbish really.
    Needs good spec or price to make it worthwhile.
  • SparkyMarky81 8 Apr 2013 12:00:40 565 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave no backwards compatability... What a stupid stupid decision.

Did I say stupid?
    Totally stupid.

Idiots.
    I understand why people are annoyed about this given the investment that people have made in games and dlc this gen, but backwards compatibility is not the big deal people make out.

The current xbox has patchy BC, the ps3 has no BC (apart from the original 60gb version), and almost every other console ever released has no BC (Nintendo GC, Wii and Wii U aside).

It hasn't stopped any of them selling millions. In my humble opinion, it's only really useful shortly after the release of a new console when there are sod all games available.
  • Deckard1 8 Apr 2013 12:00:40 27,983 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's only saying there's no backwards compatibility, because of the plans to release sub £100 360. Bit of a leap really.
  • redcrayon 8 Apr 2013 12:05:45 4,558 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SparkyMarky81
    There was plenty of BC on the PS2 as well.

I agree that it's primarily an issue early in a consoles life, but this is the first console gen where people have amassed digital libraries too- it's all to play for and old arguments regarding BC don't always apply this time around.

Edited by redcrayon at 12:06:03 08-04-2013
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 8 Apr 2013 12:08:54 6,654 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    2 gpus sounds interesting
  • beastmaster 8 Apr 2013 12:12:47 11,418 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm looking forward to seeing this reveal from Microsoft. We can all speculate but we've got no idea what they are going to pull out of the hat.

Possibilities.

1. No backwards compatibility. For me that's not really a problem. I'll still keep hold of my 360 and use it if I need to. But personally, I always end up ditching the old console when a new one comes out.

2. Always on. Always online. I still don't really know what this means in terms of the XBox. The always online I assume is for the DRM and you'll need to be hooked up to the internet to play your games. The always on though, does this mean the machine will hibernate rather than switch off?

3. All games need to be installed. Not really got a problem with that. I always install the games I'm currently playing.

4. No second hand games. Hmm...I never really buy second hand but wait till prices drop and get a 'new' copy. Still though, this is going to be a major talking point should they go ahead with it.

5. Kinect 2. Don't give a shit in terms of it existing. Having to pay for something that's being forced upon you that you don't really want is not good. Will developers use it more now it's with the console as standard? Will it just be included in the box and not have to be on in order for the console to work? That's a fucking terrible idea.

6. Live subscriptions. Will they just transfer over? Will one Gold account cover both a 360 and the new machine.

7. Media Hub type thingy which I have no idea what I'm going on about sort of thing. No doubt they'll be pushing it as the heart of your home entertainment system. Oh, and here's a message from our sponsors...

8. Blu Ray media?

With Sony and the PS4, you know what's coming and it looks like they have listened and come up with something that is foremost a games machine. Pretty much a PS3 but with a few improvements. Microsoft seem to be all over the fucking show.

However...it will be the games that will be the most interesting thing. I expect they'll have a reveal of the next COD and some kind of GTA V content exclusive. That'll be enough for some people. Then there's always the futile hope that Rare will show off something amazing.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• munki83 8 Apr 2013 12:28:06 1,432 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm interested in knowing what the subscription based one will cost and will that include the next equivalent of xbox live gold. If not are we going to see a cheap console with a 2/3 year £100/year subscription.
  • oceanmotion 8 Apr 2013 12:28:26 15,951 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I always hope Rare will show something amazing.

Always on caters to online features such as keeping games up to date, notifications, media info, game features that stem from online.

Online only requires an online connection to function at all.
  • Bremenacht 8 Apr 2013 12:46:51 18,275 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    I'm interested in knowing what the subscription based one will cost and will that include the next equivalent of xbox live gold. If not are we going to see a cheap console with a 2/3 year £100/year subscription.
    Yeah. Never mind the hardware - the subscription options could complicated and expensive. Imagine buying a 'cheap' 720 and having to pay out for your PS+ equivalent subscription plus having to pay for the usual gold on top, which -I'll bet- will go up in price for the 720 launch. Hey! Maybe they'll introduce a 720-only version of gold for £80 a year or something! Go(uge) Microsoft!
  • RyanDS 8 Apr 2013 12:51:14 9,370 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I assume a subscription based console will have an extended warrenty? Would be fucking annoying to get RROD and still have to carry on subscribing.
  • Progguitarist 8 Apr 2013 12:53:35 10,440 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope these rumours are true.
  • Deleted user 8 April 2013 14:01:44
    Reading this thread and more so the comments on today's Xbox rumours on front page is amusing. People seem to be taking all these rumours as fact.

Yeah it is really likely that Microsofts console will be more expensive than a Sony one in the UK....:/

Burn ms, burn them!

Or

Wait until they announce it.
  • Lukus 8 Apr 2013 14:02:54 19,112 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How much is the Sony one?

Paintings & Photographs

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 8 Apr 2013 14:03:43 6,654 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    four hundred odd
  • Tekkirai 8 Apr 2013 14:55:29 104 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not taking the rumours as fact, but I'm on the side of that it is likely true. Microsoft has very serious Apple envy and capturing that elusive mass market on the console side, is what they're most likely putting all their bets on.

I think they're going to leave the traditional market pretty far behind and that'll have some severe effects on their console business.

They juuuuust keep on underestimating that "core", just like Nintendo did before them. But wherever the "core" goes, the money will follow. However much the Pachters and the rest of the suits may dislike it and try to trivialise it.
  • Deleted user 8 April 2013 14:58:54
    Purchased a xbox at launch and a 360 at launch.

But if the £300-500 price bracket is true, I may just plump that money down on a GTX-680 for my PC instead. FOr the same price I'm getting one of the best graphics cards on the market and it doesn't come with Kinect
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Apr 2013 15:03:04 3,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Reading this thread and more so the comments on today's Xbox rumours on front page is amusing. People seem to be taking all these rumours as fact.
    I'm not taking rumours as fact, however, when rumours are repeated over and over again by multiple sources, they usually turn out to be true - theres no smoke without fire.

For example, anyone who visits this site regularly would have known a lot about the PS4 WAAAAAAY before it was revealed (controller with touchpad/move functionality, specs, etc).

If the new xbox doesnt have Kinect 2.0, DRM/always-on, a used-game block and if it does have backwards compatibility i'll be very surprised......

• Page

of 402 First / Last