I'm looking forward to seeing this reveal from Microsoft. We can all speculate but we've got no idea what they are going to pull out of the hat.|
1. No backwards compatibility. For me that's not really a problem. I'll still keep hold of my 360 and use it if I need to. But personally, I always end up ditching the old console when a new one comes out.
2. Always on. Always online. I still don't really know what this means in terms of the XBox. The always online I assume is for the DRM and you'll need to be hooked up to the internet to play your games. The always on though, does this mean the machine will hibernate rather than switch off?
3. All games need to be installed. Not really got a problem with that. I always install the games I'm currently playing.
4. No second hand games. Hmm...I never really buy second hand but wait till prices drop and get a 'new' copy. Still though, this is going to be a major talking point should they go ahead with it.
5. Kinect 2. Don't give a shit in terms of it existing. Having to pay for something that's being forced upon you that you don't really want is not good. Will developers use it more now it's with the console as standard? Will it just be included in the box and not have to be on in order for the console to work? That's a fucking terrible idea.
6. Live subscriptions. Will they just transfer over? Will one Gold account cover both a 360 and the new machine.
7. Media Hub type thingy which I have no idea what I'm going on about sort of thing. No doubt they'll be pushing it as the heart of your home entertainment system. Oh, and here's a message from our sponsors...
8. Blu Ray media?
With Sony and the PS4, you know what's coming and it looks like they have listened and come up with something that is foremost a games machine. Pretty much a PS3 but with a few improvements. Microsoft seem to be all over the fucking show.
However...it will be the games that will be the most interesting thing. I expect they'll have a reveal of the next COD and some kind of GTA V content exclusive. That'll be enough for some people. Then there's always the futile hope that Rare will show off something amazing.
The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.