Registered 3 years ago
    360 Controller not to change much

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• dsmx 2 Apr 2013 22:13:43 7,651 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which sounds bad, it means they still haven't fixed the dpad.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Armoured_Bear 2 Apr 2013 22:36:52 11,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Not necessarily. ..

• Pazie 2 Apr 2013 22:45:42 231 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @dsmx Whats wrong with the D-Pad?
  • Rodpad 2 Apr 2013 23:28:13 1,968 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's not very good.
  • King_Edward 2 Apr 2013 23:28:29 11,455 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Pazie

It's shit.
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:41:22 7,651 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Pazie go use a dpad on any sony or nintendo console and you'll see what's wrong with it on the xbox pad.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:46:21
    Tired of all this fucking 2,500GB DDR5 bandwith bullshit.

Best game ive played this year is Luigis Mansion on the 3DS.

Its not about the specs its about the games.

I've got a GTX680 in my pc sure the games look good at max settings but it doesn't stop a game from being generic and shite.
  • Psychotext 2 Apr 2013 23:48:42 54,405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    I would take it more to mean they haven't added another stick, or 7 more buttons, or some retarded light to the back.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:48:51
    Play another game.
  • RobTheBuilder 2 Apr 2013 23:50:26 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pazie it's hopeless
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:51:16 7,651 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not sure why you bring that up espibara only the devs are going to care about memory bandwidth and even then only later on in the generation. As far as I can tell most people on here are commenting on other aspects of the consoles and on that front so far Sony would seem to be ahead on that since Microsoft haven't said anything and Nintendo seem to be once again off on their own ignoring everything else around them.

Edited by dsmx at 23:52:08 02-04-2013

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 00:02:40
    dsmx wrote:
    I'm not sure why you bring that up espibara only the devs are going to care about memory bandwidth and even then only later on in the generation. As far as I can tell most people on here are commenting on other aspects of the consoles and on that front so far Sony would seem to be ahead on that since Microsoft haven't said anything and Nintendo seem to be once again off on their own ignoring everything else around them.
    Just having a rant because at the end of the day its about the games.

The only benefit we will see in the next gen is that games will be in full 1080 HD so will appear sharper and we will hopefully no longer have blurry vasoline sub HD resolutions.

I remember reading blurb in the press about the PS2 being so bloody powerful it could pilot a missile to your front door.

Yet the reality was the PS2 couldn't even handle the port of the 2D arcade shooter "Ibara" properly without downgrading image quality.

I also remember all the mass hysteria going on over the PS3's multicore "Cell" processor how on paper it could run the world and all that bollocks.

Sure I appreciate the future spec comparisons at this stage is normal but some of the wanking that's has been going on over the PS4 spec reveal is simply laughable.

Fuck it...............which ever console has the most LED lights on the front...... thats the one im buying.

Edited by espibara at 00:08:52 03-04-2013

Edited by espibara at 00:11:09 03-04-2013
  • dsmx 3 Apr 2013 00:12:46 7,651 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The reality of the PS2 is that it it has arguably the greatest selection of games any console has ever had, ever and it did that with arguably the worst specs overall.

Since we have almost nothing to go on with the PS4 apart from some vague information about it's specs and even less information about the next xbox naturally people are talking about things we do know and make wild speculations on the unknown based on "educated" guesses. Which means inevitably there's going to be some discussion about the memory bandwidth of the PS4 simply because there's not a lot else to talk about.

But lets go down your route lets talk about games on the next xbox, ummmmmmmmmmmmm we don't know any. Lets talk about games for the PS4 well aside from a few brief demos and some videos of others we don't really know much about that either.

So were back to the few stats on the PS4 we can actually talk about.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 00:18:47
    dsmx wrote:
    The reality of the PS2 is that it it has arguably the greatest selection of games any console has ever had, ever and it did that with arguably the worst specs overall.

Since we have almost nothing to go on with the PS4 apart from some vague information about it's specs and even less information about the next xbox naturally people are talking about things we do know and make wild speculations on the unknown based on "educated" guesses. Which means inevitably there's going to be some discussion about the memory bandwidth of the PS4 simply because there's not a lot else to talk about.

But lets go down your route lets talk about games on the next xbox, ummmmmmmmmmmmm we don't know any. Lets talk about games for the PS4 well aside from a few brief demos and some videos of others we don't really know much about that either.

So were back to the few stats on the PS4 we can actually talk about.
    I appreciate that dsmx BUT we should all be savvy enough to know that on paper they will be nip and tuck and some multiformats will favour one over the other.

Ultimately your choice of console will depend on whether you want to play the latest Killzone/Gran Turismo/Uncharted/God of War or the latest Halo/Gears of War/Forza/
  • Aretak 3 Apr 2013 00:22:52 10,367 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    espibara wrote:
    I remember reading blurb in the press about the PS2 being so bloody powerful it could pilot a missile to your front door.

Yet the reality was the PS2 couldn't even handle the port of the 2D arcade shooter "Ibara" properly without downgrading image quality.
    Or the reality could be that a poor development team lacked the skill necessary to fully take advantage of the hardware they had available. Ultimately, it's impossible to say one way or the other. Judging the relative "power" of a system based on its most technically inept games is a rather bizarre way to look at things for me. I mean, is the PS3 version of Bayonetta a fair reflection of the system's capabilities for example?

As for the (never-ending) straw man argument about specs vs games, the wonderful reality is that it's not an either/or scenario. There's no need to compromise, because you can have both.
  • RobTheBuilder 3 Apr 2013 01:41:29 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PS2 was wildly over claimed by Sony. It was a Porsche sold as a Bugatti.
    Great games on it, but it doesn't change that they pretty much outright misled people in terms of it's real performance.
  • ubergine 3 Apr 2013 13:34:11 2,532 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm more upset that people keep using "it's" incorrectly in this thread than Sony made up some shit 15 years ago. Sony have different people making up different shit now, although from what they've shown, unless the 8 gig of memory is somehow an outright lie and there's only 4gig, they are not overselling the PS4. It sounds like a competent console and hopefully its third party content is going to be fantastic, constant and highly varied.

It will be interesting if enough Jonothan Blow types tell Microsoft to stick it in their bum - into Microsoft's bum not the bums of Jonothan-Blow-types - and of course Nintendo has no third party support, Sony could be boosted back to its dominant position and make it look easy.

Edited by ubergine at 13:35:52 03-04-2013

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• RobTheBuilder 3 Apr 2013 13:43:02 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ubergine they do have different people, but their lies were even more blatant for PS3. (Combining rumble and six-axis is impossible anyone?)
    I hope they have learnt their lesson.

They clearly were lying before. It wasn't the spec details they lied about, but the demonstrations of what it would be able to do. Even PS3 struggled to do what they said Ps2 could.

Also, in my case the it's was caused by autocorrect!

Edited by RobTheBuilder at 13:46:08 03-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 20:22:00 11,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    nextbox needs teh internets

• dsmx 4 Apr 2013 20:25:56 7,651 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That rumour simply won't go away will it?

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 20:30:48
    Just can't see them doing it, I see the benefits for them but not many for the consumer.
  • OptimusPube 4 Apr 2013 20:37:12 3,145 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't know if you know but the PS4 will charge your controllers with the system in standby, it may be old news to you all but thought I'd throw it out there.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 20:47:23
    Can someone explain to me pro's/cons to this 'always on' Internet that I keep hearing about.
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 20:48:57 11,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    NeverEatYellowSnow wrote:
    Can someone explain to me pro's/cons to this 'always on' Internet that I keep hearing about.
    There are no pros.

• ronuds 4 Apr 2013 21:11:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just keep thinking about the huge storm we had recently, where we had power but no cable or internet. I could still play games at least! Not with this "always on" crap, though.

I hope it's nothing more than a rumour. It seems like MS would stand to lose more than gain, but who knows what these giant companies think.

Like Dirtbox said a ways back, though: there will likely be games that require it whether MS/Sony do or not.
  • Lukus 4 Apr 2013 21:16:42 19,258 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't see it happening. At least not in such a severe capacity. They'd be basically handing Sony a proportion of their potential audience.

Paintings & Photographs

• oceanmotion 4 Apr 2013 21:18:36 16,008 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't believe they would be that stupid but in some way to get certain features, you will need online which I think people are latching onto as always online.

For example, to get automatic updates installed without user intervention like Steam does, always online obviously.

Another, playing games that are installed from disc, to play without the disc in the drive, you need to authenticate online and like Steam you may need to go online from time to time but nothing ridiculous like you have minutes to comply or not work at all. Probably revert back to disc authentication and always a choice for those that play offline and don't care about swapping discs.

Their approach will be convenience.
  • CosmicFuzz 4 Apr 2013 21:21:11 24,929 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's so much of the world (including loads of America) that don't have internet. I think MS would be lopping off loads of their possible market by doing it.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• CosmicFuzz 4 Apr 2013 21:22:28 24,929 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can see there being benefits to always online, true.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Page

of 402 First / Last