Next generation of consoles come in Page 93

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• mcmonkeyplc 22 Feb 2013 12:11:40 39,384 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Uncharted Series and blu ray playing was worth the PS3...just.

Mainly Blu-ray.

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 12:12:08 22-02-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• monty2k 22 Feb 2013 12:28:50 241 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Blaketown

I 100% agree with you on this. A whole load of friends and I played Halo 2 on launch 360s until the release of Halo 3 (two years later). Actually I think Halo 2 was still in the xbox live top 10 until 2008 :D. If the 360 had no BC then I wouldn't have bought one until a few years later.

Simple fact is that BC allows you extra games to help ride out the first year or so of a console's life when good and exclusive games are typically a bit thin on the ground. If you read the Wii-U thread (before it descended into higgins78 baiting) lots of people were having fun using the wii-U BC to play games like Xenoblade that they'd missed out on before.

Additionally I have a house deposit and a wedding to save/pay for. If I had disposible income to pay for a next-gen console and start a new collection of games I would! However, if one of the consoles allows me to bring over some old games then that would be far more attractive to me.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 12:36:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh455l3348s

Hmmm, starting to come round to the idea.

Oh, BF3 was set to low. Gay.

Edited by mowgli at 12:39:06 22-02-2013
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 12:51:24
    So a 300 PC will let me play BF3 on low settings which is the equivalent of the console versions.
  • richardiox 22 Feb 2013 12:54:33 5,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or a 400 PC would play BF3 at medium / high at twice the console framerate, higher resolutions and with 64 player online.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 12:56:07
    Not buying anything would stop you from being able to play BF3 at all which I think we can agree is an improvement all round.
  • RedSparrows 22 Feb 2013 13:00:21 21,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I spent around 300 total on a PC and, whilst it can't run BF3 (not that I want it to) brilliantly, it runs loads of other stuff very nicely. But really, I have access to the PC titles now, and of course, it doubles as my office.

If I spent another wadge, sub 100, I could get it running very tastily.

Edited by RedSparrows at 13:08:59 22-02-2013
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Feb 2013 13:03:09 35,421 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    The think only game I've missed is Red Dead Redemption. Was that worth 250? Plus whatever a months subscription is to the xBox online service so I could complete the side missions, obviously.
    Not sure if it's worth that, but it's a damn fine game. It's a shame there's no PC version, would have been fanatstic to see what modders would have done to it. Imo, it's not necessarily the best game the PC has missed out on, but still the one I consider to be the biggest loss simply because of the modding potential. Not just technically, but also in terms of gameplay.

I certainly would have also enjoyed it even more without the low-res pop-in vaseline-o-vision of the PS3 version, though I hear it was better on th 360.
  • beastmaster 22 Feb 2013 13:15:43 11,144 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will MS will announce something to do with GTA V when they reveal their console?

I wonder if Sony's annoucement has swayed anyone from buying a Wii U?

Lots of questions.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:16:31 22-02-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• RobTheBuilder 22 Feb 2013 13:16:19 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone told Vizzini about the lack of Cell yet?
  • richardiox 22 Feb 2013 13:21:45 5,535 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vizzini is blaming the gaming public and Internet trolls for the death of cell rather than blaming Sony (whilst saying how PS3 will be the highest selling console of all time). Even though Sony apologised for its inclusion in the PS3.

To be fair he's really hurt by it all so we should ease off him for a while. For him, it's literally like a loved one has just died. And the PS4 is now shit and will fail without it.
  • RobTheBuilder 22 Feb 2013 13:23:13 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe we should do an oscars style tribute...
  • Bremenacht 22 Feb 2013 13:23:16 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    Has anyone told Vizzini about the lack of Cell yet?
    He will behave like it never happened.
  • cubbymoore 22 Feb 2013 13:30:48 36,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Poor viz. Everyone wants to be special for something, and they've taken it away from him.
  • ronuds 22 Feb 2013 13:33:33 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm convinced one day viz will be pointing and laughing at you all for believing all this nonsense.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
  • PenguinJim 22 Feb 2013 13:37:07 5,754 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wouldn't be surprised if vizzini actually, really, literally killed himself over this. :-(

I hope he doesn't. His posts are just one of many reasons that the PS3 was my absolute favourite console this generation. So much entertainment value, and you didn't even have to buy one.
  • Bremenacht 22 Feb 2013 13:37:35 17,600 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    To be fair he's really hurt by it all so we should ease off him for a while. For him, it's literally like a loved one has just died. And the PS4 is now shit and will fail without it.
    I bet you within a week he'll have come around to it and will start lecturing on the God-derived wisdom of Sony. He'll never acknowledge that his insider info on PS4 Cell configuration was wishful invention; he'll tell us that he knew what they were planning to do all along, and attempt to bury anyone who questions him under a massive stinking pile of steaming Ghz, Thz, Tflops, PissFlops, texels and anything else that'll put nosey people off and bamboozle the merely curious.

History is supposedly written by victors, but vizzini will prove that one wrong.
  • J.C 22 Feb 2013 13:42:14 1,261 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Enters thread with confusion and a frown to match. I want info on the Durango shit! What are you all babbling on about?
  • RichieTenenbaum 22 Feb 2013 13:45:45 2,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The BC issue really is a problem. Sometimes I like to watch old movies. 99% of the time this is fine. They are mostly available on DVD. A format that started in the early 00s and is still going today. That format is being replaced by blu ray, but nearly all blu ray players play DVD. So that's fine.

Now I missed LOADS of great Mega Drive/Saturn/Dreamcast games, and now those games are lost to me (not all are on the VC/XBLA) unless I invest a significant amount of time and effort buying up old consoles.

It's all pretty shameful really. Some of those old games had a PURITY of gaming that most modern titles just don't have.

It will take me years to buy and play all the games that look interesting on XBOX360. BC is a must, really.

Edited by RichieTenenbaum at 13:47:55 22-02-2013
  • neilka 22 Feb 2013 13:47:14 15,623 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would've thought you were a 35mm kind of guy Richie.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 13:48:46
    richardiox wrote:
    Or a 400 PC would play BF3 at medium / high at twice the console framerate, higher resolutions and with 64 player online.
    So almost 3 times the price of a 360 for a jump from low to medium (plus of course bump in resolution and player count). Doesn't feel quite worth it (genuinely want to be convinced. I'm not too fussed about PC only games, I have enough to play (/psychotext), but I would like to know if I can play these games better for a reasonable price. Which I'm yet to see).

And to pull this OT. How comparable is, say, BF3 on medium/high to the PS4?
  • PenguinJim 22 Feb 2013 13:50:17 5,754 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:

Now I missed LOADS of great Mega Drive/Saturn/Dreamcast games, and now those games are lost to me (not all are on the VC/XBLA) unless I invest a significant amount of time and effort buying up old consoles.
    Can't you just emulate them?
  • kickerconspiracy 22 Feb 2013 13:51:06 495 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/243998
  • fletch7100 22 Feb 2013 13:51:33 6,911 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hopefully Viz runs onto the stage at the next Playstation 4 conference dressed like Chartlon Heston from Planet of the Apes, falls to the floor and punches its whilst screaming " Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home. All the time, it was... We finally really did it.
    You Maniacs! The Cell You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 13:56:12
    PenguinJim wrote:
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:

Can't you just emulate them?
    That would betray what made them so unique. Or something. The guy is so full of fucking shit.
  • ronuds 22 Feb 2013 14:00:52 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @mowgli Why don't you wait and see what the Steambox has to offer? Hopefully it's a reasonable price...
  • RichieTenenbaum 22 Feb 2013 14:04:06 2,180 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Except you're right Mowgli. I got to play Micro Machines 2 the other day in a pub with sofas and a real mega drive and two of us BATTLING. Emulation can't replicate the controllers.

Also: my point was mainly about the xbox360 stuff i missed. Pretty sure you can't emulate that. I would like to see what a new console offered, but still spend a while tracking down games like Catherine I've missed. Hope the XBOX 3 allows me to do this.
  • PenguinJim 22 Feb 2013 14:07:53 5,754 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    So almost 3 times the price of a 360 for a jump from low to medium (plus of course bump in resolution and player count). Doesn't feel quite worth it (genuinely want to be convinced. I'm not too fussed about PC only games, I have enough to play (/psychotext), but I would like to know if I can play these games better for a reasonable price. Which I'm yet to see).
    Oh! I think I've somewhat missed the point here. Sorry. :redface: You want to play these games better? Try these. Or these. Or these. Or... well, pretty much anything you want, really. You'll have a lot more options available.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 14:08:00
    Again Richie, that is your fond memories (real or desired) you are getting lost in.
  • Page

of 402 First / Last