Next generation of consoles come in Page 80

  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 12:52:52
    I've fired an air rifle. Analogue imo.
  • muttler 20 Feb 2013 12:56:46 4,289 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Who's getting a PS4 then?
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 12:58:14
    Probably I think.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 12:58:56
    Digital gun triggers?
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 13:02:15 11,924 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Who's getting a PS4 then?
    Almost definitely me, that's on the assumption that there will be great exclusives that I want to play.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • agparrot 20 Feb 2013 13:10:31 11,903 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Who's getting a PS4 then?
    Pretty sure it was ronuds that said, weeks ago, that he's open to either getting a PS4 or a 720 or a maybe a Steambox, and I feel the same way. I'm happy for the people that can afford them all but I can't. As much as I'd like to return to a time when I was a day-one adopter, I'm happy to let my peers play both platforms for a few months, for there to be some debate about whether one is better than the other (not just rabid fanboy dribblings) and then I'll take the plunge based on that.

    So my answer is 'maybe', but that childish part of me that still loves games is pretty excited about the Sony meeting tonight, whether it's to be surprised and delighted, or even if I just end up shaking my head at their continued detachment from reality.
  • glaeken 20 Feb 2013 13:14:46 11,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    anthonypappa wrote:
    yes that's right. but a gun trigger is a 'trigger'. it's digital, not analogue.

    hence R1 is the better, and more natural shooting mechanism.

    R2 is just a stupid mindset. oh look, i'm pulling a trigger, i'm really shooting a gun. no.
    I see you've never fired a weapon then? Triggers are definitely not digital.
    I would say they are digital. You take up the slack in the trigger to the let off point and then pull to fire. Sure you could argue the slack is analogue but the actual let off point is digital. It's just like flipping a switch which is digital in my book. While you are taking up the slack nothing is actually happening. You are just taking up the slack to a digital switch at the let off point.

    In order to simulate that on a controller trigger you would need the resistance level to change at a certain depression to replicate the let off point switch. They could probably do that but it won’t make much sense outside of shooting games.

    Edited by glaeken at 13:17:07 20-02-2013
  • roz123 20 Feb 2013 13:15:50 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If the PS4 and the 720 have no major difference in terms of power or price then I would opt for the PS4 because paying for xbox live puts me off. Chances are I will skip both and just upgrade my PC.
  • Blotto 20 Feb 2013 13:16:44 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Things I'd need to see tonight to convince me:

    - New IP's. I don't care if Uncharted 4 or Killzone 4 are launch titles, I didn't like them before. Give me new titles.

    - No mandatory move integration - the rumors that Kinect is going to be a vital part of the 720 is putting me off massively, don't make the same mistake.

    - Good specs - I want my games to look pretty.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 13:20:08 11,924 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    Things I'd need to see tonight to convince me:

    - New IP's. I don't care if Uncharted 4 or Killzone 4 are launch titles, I didn't like them before. Give me new titles.

    - No mandatory move integration - the rumors that Kinect is going to be a vital part of the 720 is putting me off massively, don't make the same mistake.

    - Good specs - I want my games to look pretty.
    The specs are known and good, way beyond the PS3 but not quite a high end PC, games will look very pretty.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • glaeken 20 Feb 2013 13:20:12 11,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    don't think tonight will mean too much until we know what MS are doing. Will both consoles be released about the same time? What will the comparative launch title line ups look like? How about comparative prices?

    It will certainly be interesting to see what Sony have come up with but I won't know which way I will initially leap until I see what MS have to offer.
  • NotSoSlim 20 Feb 2013 13:20:18 3,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Who's getting a PS4 then?
    Yup. PS3 gave me more satisfaction this gen so they get my money. 720 is a maybe due to Kinect
  • Psychotext 20 Feb 2013 13:20:32 55,032 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd almost guarantee that move will be included in the box.

    I'm more interested in seeing if they're going to risk subscriptions like Microsoft. I'm not convinced they'll mention that today though.
  • Maturin 20 Feb 2013 13:21:01 3,231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd like to see a very impressive racing game, as that's my favourite genre. If it's more Gran Turismo bullshots for a game that won't be out for years I'll be a bit miffed.

    I expect we'll see some new Killzone, look how many shades of brown we can render this time.

    Cynicism aside I'm hoping that Sony do a good job this time around. It was the PlayStation that got me back into gaming and into a games related career.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 13:21:04
    Yeah my head tells me PC. Even though I've owned all 3, I haven't had them all set up at the same time; too many cables and too much frigging around.

    The only problem I have with the PC is that I like to play with a joypad, and multiplayer shooters aren't a level playing field like on console.
  • Maturin 20 Feb 2013 13:24:23 3,231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Yeah my head tells me PC. Even though I've owned all 3, I haven't had them all set up at the same time; too many cables and too much frigging around.
    I did build a new PC recently just because I wasn't expecting to be that impressed by the offerings on new consoles. It's all gone a bit Call of Duty mad for me.

    /plays Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Zomoniac 20 Feb 2013 13:36:37 7,989 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    the triggers are used for racing, rightly so. there is analogue input there.

    but shooting, no.

    there's no resistance in the controller trigger i.e. "analogue experience". there's just a certain point you need to depress it past to get it to register, or 'fire'... there's no feedback, you just gauge it by memory.
    What about the triggers on the GameCube pads? They had an analogue travel, with a resistive click at the end, that probably would be the most like it.
  • cubbymoore 20 Feb 2013 13:46:15 36,506 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want a new Spyro game. In full HD and 3D.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 13:47:01 11,924 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    anthonypappa wrote:
    the triggers are used for racing, rightly so. there is analogue input there.

    but shooting, no.

    there's no resistance in the controller trigger i.e. "analogue experience". there's just a certain point you need to depress it past to get it to register, or 'fire'... there's no feedback, you just gauge it by memory.
    What about the triggers on the GameCube pads? They had an analogue travel, with a resistive click at the end, that probably would be the most like it.
    :-(
    What a controller...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 13:48:09 11,924 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Battlefield 4 PS4 reveal?


    Meh...

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • NotSoSlim 20 Feb 2013 13:48:41 3,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'd almost guarantee that move will be included in the box.

    I'm more interested in seeing if they're going to risk subscriptions like Microsoft. I'm not convinced they'll mention that today though.
    They will just bundle more into PS+

    More intrigued to see if the have different sub levels
  • RedSparrows 20 Feb 2013 13:49:00 24,252 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shoot more people in slightly bigger environments! And the crowd goes wild.

    Which it will.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 13:49:06
    I always brought sony and nintendo, and i can't see any reason to change that.

    I almost ditched my ps3 because all of my friends have 360's, but the range of exclusives are just so much better imo on the ps3 than xbox. I'm going to see what both offer first though, and try and get my friends to pick up playstations instead next time.
  • RedSparrows 20 Feb 2013 13:49:45 24,252 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NotSoSlim wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    I'd almost guarantee that move will be included in the box.

    I'm more interested in seeing if they're going to risk subscriptions like Microsoft. I'm not convinced they'll mention that today though.
    They will just bundle more into PS+

    More intrigued to see if the have different sub levels
    Not necessarily - PS+ is already a good deal, why would they put more in? It could cover backwards compat, but that's not really 'more'.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 13:58:58
    joelstinton wrote:
    I always brought sony and nintendo, and i can't see any reason to change that.

    I almost ditched my ps3 because all of my friends have 360's, but the range of exclusives are just so much better imo on the ps3 than xbox. I'm going to see what both offer first though, and try and get my friends to pick up playstations instead next time.
    Your friends are clearly wiser people than you. :p
  • dominalien 20 Feb 2013 14:03:59 7,065 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Who's getting a PS4 then?
    God help me, I almost certainly will and at launch, too. I wish I could resist it. :-(

    PSN: DonOsito

  • fletch7100 20 Feb 2013 14:06:04 7,446 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Battlefield 4 PS4 reveal?


    Meh...
    Operation corridor 64 players on console, I can hardly wait
  • RobTheBuilder 20 Feb 2013 14:19:35 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    People keep talking about Kinect2 as a reason not to buy the next xbox, but surely it depends on the price and games. Especially if (as rumoured) Orbis comes with an updated Eyetoy/camera included too.

    Plus inclusion as standard should mean better utilisation and development of games that are fun to use with it.

    Edited by RobTheBuilder at 14:20:19 20-02-2013
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 14:20:13
    More stuff is always bad.
  • Page

    of 402 First / Last

Log in or register to reply