Next generation of consoles come in Page 78

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• Bremenacht 20 Feb 2013 00:46:17 19,336 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not ignorant, Brem and neilka, to his modus opernadi.
    To be fair, it's very good. I've been angrily splashing around on the hook a few times before. He's so irritating.
  • Khanivor 20 Feb 2013 00:53:34 41,071 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's quite impressive the way he bases his superior knowledge of the quality of the DS3's triggers on his gaming experience prior to the release of the DS.
  • agparrot 20 Feb 2013 00:56:40 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've gone back to my default position of just laughing at it, as I don't really understand the order it puts words in, most of the time.

My bubbling enthusigasm for the Sony meeting has finally been tempered a bit now. I'm still hoping for some exciting next-gen shiny, and it seems like they might have a GTA V reveal planned for the PS3, which is potentially as cool as seeing new hardware, but as sanctusmortis and others said earlier there's probably going to be a load of stuff we won't find out about pricing, or potentially disappointing stuff like a delayed Euro release.

Rampant fanboyism aside, I am going to enjoy the stand-off that it creates with MS, both to see how childish they'll get with each other, and to see them leaking out actual tidbits of information. I'd be fine with them just actually showing games running on their machines, but if they're going to insist on another media circus full of crap, I guess I'll have no choice but to pull up a chair and laugh at it.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 00:56:48
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Tough luck vizzini - this big fishy got off the hook and swam away.
    Or he opened his mind up a little to the idea that others will provide contradictory anecdotal evidence, to support and validate their own opinion.

How people like that get the responsibility of being a moderator shows how much barrel scraping EG do to find mods.

Oddly, of all the combative individuals on EG forums, Dirtbox is surprisingly the most fun, once you realise he's a Pro. You, parrot, and self appointed definitive opinion Khanivor, just come across as resolute xenophobes (imo).
  • agparrot 20 Feb 2013 00:59:05 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    /soft round of applause.

Really, I'm amazed at your stamina. I just don't think I could find the focus. Must be all the splinters.
  • Dirtbox 20 Feb 2013 01:04:54 78,769 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah guys, I'm a Pro. I can't wait to pour all that input lag and inferior graphics into all the multiplatform ports.

I'll read those DF faceoff comments and laugh from my tropical island.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Khanivor 20 Feb 2013 01:07:22 41,071 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Must have hit him pretty close to the mark, eh kid?
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 01:16:01
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Yeah guys, I'm a Pro. I can't wait to pour all that input lag and inferior graphics into all the multiplatform ports.

I'll read those DF faceoff comments and laugh from my tropical island.
    @Dirtbox

Go get your sleep. verbally slamming forumites by the barrel load (for 24hrs) from 23:00 today is going to take its troll on you ;). Last thing you want to do is let those positive comments go by without a proper put down.
  • Dirtbox 20 Feb 2013 01:20:25 78,769 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You might want to have someone take a look at your maths watch, I didn't even wake up until 11am.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Anthony_UK 20 Feb 2013 02:15:13 2,540 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rumblings of a streaming feature on PS4 that let's you watch your friends or other people play games that you don't even own. Now if true, that's a huge selling point for me personally.

I've been a massive xbox fan this generation, but there does seem to be a shift in focus with Sony to be about the games again, where as Microsoft have been flogging the dead horse that is kinect until there blue in the face while pushing advertising and other services almost to the detriment of the games that made the 360 so popular in the first place.

If Sony have learnt there lesson and come out guns blazing tomorrow while Microsoft try and ride the wave of past success, who knows what might happen this generation.
  • Deleted user 20 February 2013 02:16:31
    You can't really slam other people for their timing when you're arguing about the PS3 triggers at 1 in the morning.
  • sanctusmortis 20 Feb 2013 09:40:11 9,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dear god Kotaku is thick. THERE ARE BUTTONS EITHER SIDE OF THE TRACK PAD! THEY ARE OPTIONS AND SHARE! IT WAS IN THE IMAGE LEAK! THEY ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE!

And yes, not having proper analogue triggers on the pad is dumb. Even Wii U has them doesn't it?
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 09:41:27 11,659 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    Dear god Kotaku is thick. THERE ARE BUTTONS EITHER SIDE OF THE TRACK PAD! THEY ARE OPTIONS AND SHARE! IT WAS IN THE IMAGE LEAK! THEY ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE!

And yes, not having proper analogue triggers on the pad is dumb. Even Wii U has them doesn't it?
    Nope, completely idiotic move from Nintendo but no, the triggers are digital. It'll be shocking if Sony make such a similar screw up.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Benno 20 Feb 2013 09:45:29 10,210 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SBfistfun wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    Ok, one more from Tom Bramwell, then I'll stop, I promise:
    What's going to be a huge blow is that having spent at least the last couple of years watching its share of the multi-platform market grow and Nintendo's dwindle and Sony's erode slightly, as Xbox proved the best platform for most of those titles, PS3 is not only going to be the platform most developers pin their banner to first in the next generation; the games are actually going to look better this time too. And with that, it's hard to take seriously Microsoft's assertion that it can be number one in this generation. You know what? Frankly, going on what I've seen so far, I'm not even convinced Xbox 360 and PS3 are the same generation.
    Just goes to show how fruitful crystal-balling it really is.
    LOL
    This is brilliant
  • sanctusmortis 20 Feb 2013 09:56:44 9,706 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Everything in a single place
  • Zomoniac 20 Feb 2013 09:59:58 7,903 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    No, think they're just digital. I don't mind losing the analogue triggers if they keep the "analogue-ish" face buttons, I always found them easy enough to use.
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Feb 2013 10:04:16 11,659 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Are they seriously going to leave the shoulder buttons and "triggers" unchanged?

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• mikew1985 20 Feb 2013 10:07:24 12,976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it looks like a hideous prototype tbh.  Hopefully that's exactly what it is otherwise it will be a candidate for fugliest official controller ever.

It's distinctly unsony looking too. I'm no fan of the DS3 but at least it doesn't look like a madcatz turbo pad plus with enhanced led light and weird trackpad gubbins attached to it.

I can't imagine that being the final design.
  • Zomoniac 20 Feb 2013 10:15:15 7,903 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't see that being a production model. I would be surprised if the final one didn't say SONY on the front of it somewhere.
  • yegon 20 Feb 2013 10:19:20 5,393 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DS3 triggers are terrible. Genuinely surprised anyone argues to the contrary given how poorly thought out they are ie how easy it is for your fingers to slip off them.
  • Whizzo 20 Feb 2013 10:20:48 43,268 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The only triggers in history that are convex rather than concave are on the DS3.

This space left intentionally blank.

• yegon 20 Feb 2013 10:33:27 5,393 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, wherever possible I often remapped r2 to r1 for this reason. Always felt like a bodge and entirely unnatural but was better than suffering the convex triggers.

Edited by yegon at 10:37:21 20-02-2013
  • Progguitarist 20 Feb 2013 10:33:55 10,507 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Are they seriously going to leave the shoulder buttons and "triggers" unchanged?
    Are you blind? They look completely different.
  • yegon 20 Feb 2013 10:47:38 5,393 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In your opinion. Gun like or not, we're talking about toys and personal preference.
  • Ultrasoundwave 20 Feb 2013 10:49:39 3,390 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    triggers look changed to me... they now have a lip on them, for folk moaning that their greasy fingers were sliding off them.
    Everyone knows you have to butter-up your hands before you start gaming......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• agparrot 20 Feb 2013 10:53:52 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow, Ben Parfitt from MCV (They featured heavily in the Doritos thing) has tweeted this, this morning:

https://twitter.com/BenParfitt/status/304167410129321984

And I quote:

"Who will be the first journo tonight to write a piece about how games journos covered the PS4 launch? Whoever you are, you're a prick"
    Seems a little bit over-sensitive, especially given how wildly gushing and ultimately inaccurate our 'own' EG editorials turned out to be, last time. Also, he's being totally sexist too, assuming it's gonna be a man! ;)

Ah well, even sacking legal-trigger-happy Lauren Wainwright won't make me go back to believing anything that MCV prints isn't just window-dressed PR.
  • roz123 20 Feb 2013 10:55:07 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The tweets coming from journalists at the event seem to suggest that every Sony development studio that hasn't been shut down yet is there.
  • Page

of 402 First / Last