Next generation of consoles come in Page 57

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• Psychotext 8 Feb 2013 13:16:34 54,190 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Better would be between the grips, a la the 360 chatpad. At least you could use it with your thumbs then.
  • mcmonkeyplc 8 Feb 2013 13:17:03 39,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Use your nose!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 8 February 2013 13:19:20
    nickthegun wrote:
    The kinect is hilarious. In kinect enabled games my mrs ends up switching weapons and using powers when she is in the same room and on the phone to her mum.

She was once complaining about work and kept setting off the force push thing in mass effect.
    Every time we call on the dog the fucking kinetic pauses Netflix. Without having to say xbox first or anything. Pile of crazy that it is.
  • Dangerous_Dan 8 Feb 2013 13:19:21 2,380 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RTS without a mouse+keyboard or something down that line? - depends on the game.
    Is League of Legends a RTS? If so, that could work with a controller if designed well.

But all that motion stuff? No, I don't see that happening, what's the point? Motion offers 2 things besides the novelity factor, it's an option for people who aren't used to a controller and it could offer some immersion if done right. But what kind of immersion would that be in a RTS?
    RTS is about executing your plans, as efficiently as possible.
    Better they invent a mouse like device which can be used easily and relaxed on a lap.
    A mouse is also motion + buttons if you think about it - it's just not advertised as such.

Imagine there would be a device which detects your motion very accurately and can translate that on the screen. It's precise and very cheap - now if somebody could invent such a cool thing...

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:20:33 08-02-2013

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 13:21:40 08-02-2013
  • Dirtbox 8 Feb 2013 13:19:36 78,158 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You have to use a track pad with your index or middle fingers if you want any kind of accuracy.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• sport 8 Feb 2013 13:23:53 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want a controller with DB's glans right in the middle.
  • the_dudefather 8 Feb 2013 13:24:49 9,288 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Use your nose!
    Cocaine minigame confirmed for GTAVI

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• mcmonkeyplc 8 Feb 2013 13:28:15 39,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But I want to fulfil my fantasy of commanding an army with the wave of my hands!

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 13:28:32 08-02-2013

• CharlieStCloud 8 Feb 2013 13:28:16 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Every time we call on the dog the fucking kinetic pauses Netflix, without having to say Xbox first or anything. Pile of crazy that it is.
    Dogs ... 'better with Kinect'!
  • the_dudefather 8 Feb 2013 13:32:09 9,288 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The kinect is hilarious. In kinect enabled games my mrs ends up switching weapons and using powers when she is in the same room and on the phone to her mum.

She was once complaining about work and kept setting off the force push thing in mass effect.
    Every time we call on the dog the fucking kinetic pauses Netflix. Without having to say xbox first or anything. Pile of crazy that it is.
    'Oh look, the dog's got muck on him again'
    'where?'
    'On Rex's black paws'
    *bee-bloop*
    'Shit Netflix has paused again, how did that happen?'

(ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

• Dangerous_Dan 8 Feb 2013 13:32:15 2,380 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    But I want to fulfil my fantasy of commanding an army with the wave of my hands!
    Reminds me more about being a conductor who's directing his orchestra.
  • sanctusmortis 8 Feb 2013 13:33:56 9,631 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd imagine that if MS really want to push Kinect as useful they'll improve the voice capabilities and make it far more sensitive to movement. There's the leaked Kinect image that shows fingers, for instance, and that's supposedly from the devkit. And if it can pick up fingers, I hope for a new Viva Pinata using it, and some RTS games.

If a dev can make me a game like Miasmata using Kinect 2.0, I will be very, very happy.
  • RedSparrows 8 Feb 2013 13:35:07 22,662 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope the next PS pad moves the sticks about a bit: I much prefer the Nintendo/MS sticks being on different planes.
  • andijames 8 Feb 2013 13:36:23 2,731 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli

The dog's not called paws is he by any chance? ;)

vivir el momento

• neilka 8 Feb 2013 13:36:33 15,914 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I look forward to the Kinect being the second best platform for online fingering after the Wii U.

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• mcmonkeyplc 8 Feb 2013 13:36:38 39,456 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Reminds me more about being a conductor who's directing his orchestra.
    Same thing :p

• Psychotext 8 Feb 2013 13:46:41 54,190 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    You have to use a track pad with your index or middle fingers if you want any kind of accuracy.
    Possibly, but you're not going to do that without letting go of half of the controller, making it a pig to use anyway.

(Assuming a similar design to the current dualshock)

Edited by Psychotext at 13:47:14 08-02-2013
  • Aretak 8 Feb 2013 13:58:51 10,351 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I hope the next PS pad moves the sticks about a bit: I much prefer the Nintendo/MS sticks being on different planes.
    They'll need a totally new design if they're going to do that. It's extremely uncomfortable to hold a Dual Shock with your thumb elevated above the current d-pad, plus there'd be no room for the d-pad where the left stick currently sits (unless they changed it to a tiny, near-unusable one like on the GameCube controller).
  • SomaticSense 8 Feb 2013 14:13:52 8,295 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    @SomaticSense But...but it was you who equated using Kinect for RTS with using a Wiimote for a long time! Are you saying they are the same, or not?
    Have you ever actually tried using the wiimote for a lightgun-style game for more than a few minutes at a time?

My point is that a Kinect RTS would be as bad as that, but without being able to take advantage of the wiimote's abilty of you being able to rely on lazy wrist movements when your shoulder is crippled with pain.

They are exactly the same, until you think "fuck it" with the wiimote and just relax your arm and start using your wrist instead.

Edited by SomaticSense at 14:17:18 08-02-2013
  • Bremenacht 8 Feb 2013 14:30:53 18,242 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trackpad on the back could be Ok. Not for accurate pointing, but for gestures - swipe, tap, whatever. It'd put another pair of fingers to use.
  • thenastypasty 8 Feb 2013 14:35:09 5,182 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Trackpad on the back could be Ok. Not for accurate pointing, but for gestures - swipe, tap, whatever. It'd put another pair of fingers to use.
    IMO it offer nothing to the game play. LBP on the vita uses the back touch pad quite a bit and it really does add to the experience.
  • ronuds 8 Feb 2013 14:35:28 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds pretty useless, imo. Unless they're just replacing the start, back and Home buttons.

Edited by ronuds at 14:35:46 08-02-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 14:44:20 11,201 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    PS4 Dual Camera

When we unveiled Orbis, an enigmatic device called “Dual Camera” was also listed within the info.

“Dual Camera” appears to be an evolutioned HD Eyetoy instead of a Kinect device, based on the features offered right now.

It contains a pair of wide-angle cameras. Each camera offers a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels (720p).

Sound is processed by a 4 microphone array working at 48 Khz.

The device can perform some non gaming tasks such as:

- Recognize the user and log in the system

- Video chat

In the gaming field it supports head and hand tracking as new game inputs. Currently it’s not clear if this device will support body tracking in the future as Kinect but it’s almost sure that it will be bundled with every Orbis system.
    Bump as many missed this.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 8 Feb 2013 14:44:25 11,201 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• FogHeart 8 Feb 2013 14:52:59 946 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SomaticSense Yeah, I've played them all, and I understand what you're saying, although you should have really stressed that you meant using a Wiimote like a TV advert rather than the way we all do it.

But then again, if Leap can sense all the subtle hand movements from the wrist, it's possible that a next Kinect will too. Not that I'd like to, I prefer the positive feedback of button clicks.
  • SomaticSense 8 Feb 2013 15:02:19 8,295 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I probably could have worded it a little less scattershot, yeah.
  • Bremenacht 8 Feb 2013 15:02:55 18,242 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    IMO it offer nothing to the game play. LBP on the vita uses the back touch pad quite a bit and it really does add to the experience.
    Ohhh that reminds me of Blerk's delicious suggestion - have a Vita as a controller. If only.
  • Fake_Blood 8 Feb 2013 15:05:50 4,209 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nah the vitas sticks and triggers suck.
  • ronuds 8 Feb 2013 15:10:13 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    These VGLeaks - are we just supposed to take their word for it? They speak as if they are talking facts rather than rampant speculation (which is what I'd categorize it as).

What's their track record?
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Feb 2013 15:10:17 3,300 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Ohhh that reminds me of Blerk's delicious suggestion - have a Vita as a controller. If only.
    That is a cracking idea, however, paying £200 for a controller is a bit unthinkable.

Whats peoples thoughts on any possible compatibility between the Vita and the PS4?.

If Sony have got any sense, they will make them both 100% compatible with each other, with cross-play on everything. We've seen from various hacks and mods that the Vita can run PS3 games, so its not a ridiculous idea.

Would also boost the Vita sales quite significantly......

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Page

of 402 First / Last