• Page

of 402 First / Last

• Carlo 6 Dec 2013 21:29:17 18,117 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    The PS4 does not come with kinect. I think its a no brainer.
    I'm assuming you're stating this as an advantage of the PS4.
    Yes, of course he is!

... I liked Kinect on the Xbox 360, but just like the Wii and the Move thing-me-bob, I no sooner lost interest in it.
    You never know with Nick ;)

Anyway I bought the 'Gamer pack' so I have the camera. It's (being polite) functional, and the voice control is accurate, even impressive, but if I didn't have it I wouldn't be devastated.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the head by forcing the Kinect on all their customers, which in turn made the minimum bar of entry just that little bit higher than they should have. It's the most expensive console of this generation now (and I am including the WiiU).

It'll sell bundles in the USA where it has all the features working fully, and they're a loyal bunch screaming USA! USA! as they wave their American flags and who can blame them.

I think they'll suffer in Europe though. Their brand isn't SO aligned to Europe that you'll have the fanaticism seen in the USA for XBox, and Japan for the Playstation, its features aren't all available, it costs more to own one (no matter what you get with it), and it isn't the superior platform this time around.

I think they'll be a pretty large shift over/back to Sony this time.

PSN ID: Djini

• MrFlay 6 Dec 2013 21:33:12 1,019 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wouldn't be so certain that Japan will go gaga for the PS4. Home consoles aren't really their thing anymore which is partly why the PS4 has been delayed there. Sony don't seem to expect it to sell as well there as the rest of the world.
  • Deleted user 6 December 2013 21:36:08
    I'm just gonna wait till the games arrive. Nothing's jumping out at me so far. Seems like a continuous of last gen more then a change so far. If that's the case, meh. Not sure I'll bother for a while.

Edited by SG59 at 22:01:14 06-12-2013
  • CharlieStCloud 6 Dec 2013 21:40:00 5,315 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trouble is, the price of a Xbox One can buy you a PlayStation 4 with two games as well as two extra games - Contrast and Resogun - for 14 or 30 days (depending on your region) due to PlayStation Plus.

... I won't be getting either of them for a year or so, but if I really had to choose, there's no question about which one I'd gladly take.
  • drip 7 Dec 2013 00:37:43 4,342 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sony made a clear decision this time, be first in the USA, the most difficult market for Sony, which worked apparently. Europe a close second, which is the most neutral market, and it worked too it seems. Japan, no matter how many consoles they buy there anymore, will be firmly in their hands either way.

Very interesting will be, will China allow any of them to sell consoles there? They're not too fond of either USA or Japan, but the market potential there is immense. Whoever is first there is going to sell shitloads.
  • Widge Moderator 31 Dec 2013 08:40:15 13,710 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really starting to wonder if there is merit in the EG argument of the WiiU being the best console to get for the next gen.

I've got a PC, most foreseeable games that I want are going to be PC. Because I have a PC, I have a lovely back catalogue of current gen games that are next gen (because, essentially, next gen is a new graphics card as it stands). Because I have a PC, all the forthcoming awesome indies (which were rightfully forecast as being the hotbed of interesting titles) are going to be on it.

So what do the other beasts hold for me? Next to nothing right now. As it stands, the WiiU currently has a growing batch of go to titles. Especially as we all seem to have matured to the point where technology pushing no longer wows us (I think that threshold point was reached with Gears 2 / Uncharted 2), and the core element of gameplay has started to come to the fore.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• mcmothercruncher 20 Jan 2014 13:18:57 7,270 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    IGNs 600,000 user survey of the Xbox One vs PS4 "battle".
  • djronz. 20 Jan 2014 16:02:14 283 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    IGNs 600,000 user survey of the Xbox One vs PS4 "battle".
    Not too much of a surprise really, it's basically just a popularity contest, and songs machine has the upper hand at the moment.
  • mcmothercruncher 20 Jan 2014 17:34:18 7,270 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    True 'dat. Arguably though, the Xbox One has the better software at the moment so to loose that vote too just shows the momentum Microsoft have lost over their messy offering.
  • ubergine 5 Feb 2014 01:28:43 2,555 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thankfully I can't afford a new console yet or I may have rushed in. Going to wait until after South Park (only new game of interest on previous gen I'm aware of) and by then hopefully Sony are making their controllers from better materials, as the stick decay is the only major problem I've heard about with their system.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Ultrasoundwave 17 Mar 2014 11:07:08 3,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, after the 96% boost that the One has got from Titanfall, its definitely looking like things are going to get more competitive over the next few months :

Xbox One with Titanfall for 399.85

OR

PS4 with Infamous Second Son for 399.85

Definitely a much more difficult decision than it was at launch!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• PenguinJim 17 Mar 2014 11:43:20 5,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get the PS4.

The Xbone price is dropping, but the PS4 price is rising. Can grab a cheaper One later.

(Btw, the Xbone+Titfail is 380 and the PS4+ISS is 385)
  • Ultrasoundwave 17 Mar 2014 13:35:05 3,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For the sake of fairness, it's also worth pointing out that a Wii U bundled with Mario is 230.....

:confused:

• DFawkes 17 Mar 2014 13:46:09 23,429 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you have only 230, I suppose that leaves you with just one option. Save up more money ;)

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Ultrasoundwave 17 Mar 2014 15:12:41 3,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Exactly - The Wii U isn't part of the next gen discussion TBH.

However, now that you can get the One and the PS4 for the same price (technically) I'm expecting the war to get a bit more interesting.

• DFawkes 17 Mar 2014 15:18:52 23,429 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm more curious how these 2 big games (depending on you opinion on those games of course) will do, and if they'll raise console sales that much past the usual short term rises you'd expect. With Titanfall just out and Second Son soon enough, those are the first games that have really been pushed since launch.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Ultrasoundwave 17 Mar 2014 15:24:04 3,346 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If I had to put money on it, I think that Titanfall will do better than Second Son.

I think Second Son will be a great game, I have it pre-ordered myself, but Titanfall is going after the COD players and EA/Microsoft are marketing the fuck out of it.

I haven't seen a single poster, advert, or even a banner for Second Son....

• Raiko101 17 Mar 2014 17:31:13 6,458 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I remember the reveal for Titanfall at E3. GameTrailers couldn't contain the amount of material they had on Titanfall. The amount of airtime they'd set aside for it, too, for interviews and such. A lot of money would have been swapping hands, even before its announcement.

Edited by Raiko101 at 17:31:22 17-03-2014

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• THFourteen 17 Mar 2014 17:39:51 33,929 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Get the PS4.

The Xbone price is dropping, but the PS4 price is rising. Can grab a cheaper One later.

(Btw, the Xbone+Titfail is 380 and the PS4+ISS is 385)
    ISS on ps4?!??
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 17 Mar 2014 18:33:56 38,880 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh God, I would buy a PS4 in a heartbeat if it had ISS.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• stephenb 17 Mar 2014 19:35:59 2,755 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The wind is shooting through the stadium.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• PenguinJim 18 Mar 2014 01:16:49 5,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Infamous: Second Son. :p Sorry, I was too lazy to colonise.
  • NotSoSlim 18 Mar 2014 01:24:25 3,132 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Plenty of adverts for Second Son going around including films and tv.

Titanfall will sell more than Second Son but think it will be biggest game of franchise so win win for Sony really
  • ubergine 18 Mar 2014 06:52:12 2,555 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd like to play Titanfall but won't buy an otherwise unattractive console for it.

Microsoft doesn't (yet?) have exclusivity on any Titanfall sequels, so there's hope for a more refined follow-up on PS4 in a couple years.

• PenguinJim 18 Mar 2014 07:25:21 5,920 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    I'd like to play Titanfall but won't buy an otherwise unattractive console for it.
    Yeah, it's a real shame that it's exclusive to the Xbone. :( None of the rest of us can play it!!
  • ubergine 19 Mar 2014 15:24:35 2,555 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well it's on PC too I understand, but I'm out of that market too.

• Moot_Point 19 Mar 2014 15:34:22 4,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Infamous: Second Son. :p Sorry, I was too lazy to colonise.
    See a doctor about that affliction.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Bremenacht 10 Apr 2014 23:01:12 18,761 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Somewhere back in this thread, there was a discussion about what people could reasonably expect from next-gen consoles.

One of the things I recall thinking should be a lot better was the speed at which you can start your console and get into a game. Has this improved on Onesie and PS4? Battlefield for example. Can anyone say that starting a game (SP or MP), of BF4 is a faster experience than BF3?

I'll have to have a wee search and find the wishlists, cos it'll be interesting to see what's been ticked off, and what's been missed again. User interface stuff, rather than fancy lighting effects or -ahem- resolution really.
  • Kichijoten 10 Apr 2014 23:12:53 1,618 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Well so far the new consoles are actually worse at everything except slightly better visuals and gives you the ability to snap between functions, which is handy but not 350-400 quid handy.

Let's play my new music cd ....
    Which friends are online....
    Let's watch I player...
    No wait I cant
    Etc etc
  • Page

of 402 First / Last