Homeland - US Pace Page 14

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Darren 4 Nov 2013 20:24:42 8,779 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's weird because other the blood you didn't really see that much with the bottle stabbing scene but the imagination fills in the blanks to make for a really disturbing and brutal scene. At least I think I imagined more than I saw. I'm pretty numb to gore these days but I found it shocking.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• monkehhh 4 Nov 2013 21:26:09 3,294 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Better call Saul.
  • craigy Staff 4 Nov 2013 21:56:27 7,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oof, that was brutal. Am assuming the baby is Brody's. And Saul is still a baddie!
  • TheSaint 4 Nov 2013 23:11:28 14,303 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That draw must have really smelt of pee.

Also hard to believe that the hospital wouldn't have done some kind of pregnancy test while she was in there.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Nov 2013 23:15:06 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also hard to believe (if it's Brody's) that she didn't know about it until now.
  • craigy Staff 5 Nov 2013 09:00:33 7,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TheSaint yup, if they were giving her valium or any of the strong anti-psychotics they would do a pregnancy test. Those sorts of drugs can have hideous side-effects if you're carrying a baby.
  • Mola_Ram 5 Nov 2013 09:07:41 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Iirc she was also drinking heavily recently. Which doesn't really help.
  • craigy Staff 5 Nov 2013 09:20:00 7,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gaaah, bad writing!
  • Mola_Ram 5 Nov 2013 09:21:31 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm sure she just didn't know. It's only 4 months or so, maybe she just thought she was getting fat and throwing up from hangovers.
  • Youthist 7 Nov 2013 12:35:03 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How far has this fallen from the pretty amazing heights of the first series?

It is total garbage now as far as I can see. In fact, the moment Brody was taken into custody a few episodes into series 2 the decline began - but how far it has fallen so quickly is pretty shocking. They literally have no clue where they are going with it. Reminds me of Prison Break to a degree in that regard, but Prison Break series 1 was never the sweeping phenomenon that HL Series 1 was.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Mola_Ram 7 Nov 2013 12:45:08 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, it's not as good as the first series. But I am still somewhat interested in where the main story is going, and in the characters. It's not perfect, but still pretty good. I wouldn't be watching if it was consistently shit.
  • Youthist 7 Nov 2013 12:58:44 10,010 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the problem is it (the main story) is going nowhere. There has been approximately 60% padding thus far at a minimum. Maybe 70%.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• CosmicFuzz 7 Nov 2013 13:07:14 23,864 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'm sure she just didn't know. It's only 4 months or so, maybe she just thought she was getting fat and throwing up from hangovers.
    Remember the drawer was packed full of tests. She's known for ages.

And yes, this season is incredibly boring. Halfway through and nothing has happened.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Mola_Ram 7 Nov 2013 13:10:20 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Remember the drawer was packed full of tests. She's known for ages.
    Yeah, that was weird. Why would you need that many pregnancy tests? Surely one or two is enough?

"Hrm, let's see.... yep, still pregnant. Shit."

And she was downing tequila an episode or so ago. Seems a bit irresponsible if she had an inkling of pregnancy.
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Nov 2013 22:13:24 14,135 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    She had loads of those tests in the draw, all of them positive. She's obviously known for months.
    My guess is she was maybe trying to kill they baby with all the drinking, and testing to see if it is still there. Doesn't explain how the hospital wouldn't have known.

I kinda hope the guy was outside the Brody household and was gonna stab up Dana. Stupid chick running away, as if her brother isn't going through the same shit yet handling it, now needs to deal with his mother by himself.

And I've completely forgotten; is this series still evenabout who committed the bombings? I can't keep up.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2013 02:17:31 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Kill the baby with drinking? Uhh, if she really didn't want the baby, there are alternatives besides alcohol poisoning. More reliable alternatives.

The drawer of tests makes zero sense to me. Maybe it was just the writers' way of making the point extra unsubtle.

And the series is more about who ordered the bombings at this stage. No idea if / how brody is involved anymore. I guess he still needs his name cleared.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 02:26:50 11-11-2013
  • Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2013 07:55:35 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    And on the 7th Episode, the Writer said

Lo, this Episode shall containeth not a single person who haveth the surname of Brody, as that guy and pretty much everyone in his family is just being a massive drag on this Season.

The Writer said it, and it was so.

And it was good.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 07:56:22 11-11-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Nov 2013 16:34:10 23,864 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah, it was so-so. This entire season is a massive exercise in wheel-spinning. Barely anything has actually happened, and the writing isn't strong enough to keep it interesting. I was looking forward to turning the magnifying glass the other way around and focusing on what it takes to work for the CIA, but it's just been so bloody dull.

At least there wasn't any Dana Bauer in it this week. She's probably hitched a ride from a serial killer or something.

Saul is pretty much the only reason to keep watching for me, Mandy Patinkin is completely wasted on these scripts. The bit at the end with him and that other government guy was good, I'll give them that.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2013 21:55:15 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I thought it was anything but dull, so ner.

I don't really life the senator character though. He actually has a pretty good point about how fucked up everything is, but the writers negated that point by turning him into an utter prick.
  • Rodney 11 Nov 2013 22:13:07 1,868 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The way Dana left (completely out of the blue) it was like the writers realized 'fuck, this is going no where and she has an annoying face'.
    Carry and Saul's characters and relationship are still keeping me interested and the agent/double agent twists are fun to see unfold.
    My take on the pregnancy thing. Maybe I didn't see it correctly but I thought only some of the tests were positive. I just interpreted it as more of Carry's compulsive behavior and that Carry had had many abortions in the past.Not sure, how many positive tests were there? I only noticed a couple (but I was tired).
    Surly the one night stand she had while on the run is the cause, not Brody. That was after she was in hospital and would explain why she was drinking - she didn't know.

Edited by Rodney at 22:13:48 11-11-2013
  • Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2013 22:30:41 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, the kid being Brody's doesn't really work, time wise.

But on the other hand, the storyline about her being pregnant seems kind of pointless if it's just the kid of some random guy she met.
  • monkehhh 11 Nov 2013 22:56:33 3,294 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    "Not some civilian fuckmonkey".
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Nov 2013 23:11:02 23,864 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It has to be Brody's, surely that's the point of it. And the drawer of tests meant she'd been pregnant for a while.

The rest is down to poor scriptwriting.

• craigy Staff 12 Nov 2013 09:15:36 7,597 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ooh, that was a cracker!
  • Mola_Ram 12 Nov 2013 09:34:34 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yay, someone else agrees with me!

/high five
  • oceanmotion 19 Nov 2013 12:04:26 15,817 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Carrie was very punchable in this episode. Bit groan worthy and ridiculous with the person sleeping with Saul's wife.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2013 12:30:11
    I quite liked the latest C4 episode, the last 20 mins between saul and the new head of CIA and.. the other dude, was quite entertaining, and i thought well judged.

It may help i'm reading The spy who came in from the cold at the moment, and rather enjoying it. That too involves, going ludicriously undercover, so the parallels have been quite interesting.

Talking of John Le Carre, the original tv adaptation of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy starts on BBC4 tonight.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Nov 2013 10:23:46 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good to know that there's something that will instantly get people off heroin withdrawal. Otherwise Brody would have spent weeks being a druggie, which would have just been silly.
  • DFawkes 25 Nov 2013 12:38:36 22,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That stuff is real, isn't it? Just not really well researched. You'd think someone should be researching it if it's any good (except for the side effect obviously).

In fact this paper would suggest it's pretty good for the majority of the people tested. Most recent research suggests a study still ongoing in August, so maybe it'll come to something and really help people one day. Heck, maybe Homeland will raise enoguh awareness to get more research done?

Edited by DFawkes at 21:06:40 25-11-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Mola_Ram 25 Nov 2013 20:44:04 7,230 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, there you go.

But even if that's a real thing, far and away this was by far the most ridiculous episode of Homeland I've seen. I'd say it even beat the one with Brody running around the forest with a tailor.

I was humming the montage song during the training montage.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 20:45:48 25-11-2013
  • Page

of 16 First / Last