Homeland - US Pace Page 6

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• mikew1985 9 Oct 2012 15:56:18 12,738 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm assuming it was, but it just seems utterly stupid, sticks out like a sore thumb to people who know what it is but not obvious enough to be of any benefit if you didn't already know what skype is/looks like.
  • Mr-Brett 9 Oct 2012 17:15:28 12,787 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was a bit stupid but not all that offensive, unlike the nfc phone payment thing in the last season of Fringe, that was utterly cringing.

Portable view - Never forget.

• jonsaan 14 Oct 2012 21:31:04 25,352 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This show is just annoying and stupid now.

FCUTA!

• Bremenacht 14 Oct 2012 22:59:06 18,242 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iain815 wrote:
    Holy shit. That's a season finale worthy cliffhanger right there.

That episode was intense from start to finish. I need to lie down.
    Is that Ep2 - just shown on C4? Spot on if so. That SD card!
  • Iain815 15 Oct 2012 00:17:36 412 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup.

Also, given there's only 6 hours between the UK airing of an episode and when the next episode airs in the US, the UK pacers should probably start a new thread if they want to avoid spoilers. ;)
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 00:25:17 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Do people really care about the Skype thing? Really?

Edited by Mola_Ram at 00:32:30 15-10-2012
  • oceanmotion 15 Oct 2012 00:31:10 15,938 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I noticed the Skype thing and thought it was odd but not a big deal. I guess Cisco didn't bother throwing a money hat this time. Skype was tame in comparison to Cisco video meetings in tv shows.

Great end to the episode. I get the feeling the bad guys are going to break the door down and kidnapp Saul. Would be amazing if he gets to report back though.

Edited by oceanmotion at 00:36:32 15-10-2012
  • Mark1412 15 Oct 2012 02:49:52 532 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is some serious silliness this time round. I know they've got to find their feet after cop-out 101 but Brody being in the right place at just the right time in episode 2 really fucking stretched it. And there's been loads of moments like that already. I don't recall the last season - save for the final episode - being quite so silly.

• Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 03:03:04 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's barely anything in this show that is realistic. And yes, that has gotten moreso in the first couple of episodes this season.

But I really don't care. I watch it for the characters and nail-biting tension. And the plotting, where I can honestly say that I have no idea where all this is going.
  • Scurrminator 15 Oct 2012 09:36:28 8,411 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I imagine that Saul and Carrie will keep it between them and start spying on him. Good way to get Carrie back in AND interacting with Brody.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• superdelphinus 15 Oct 2012 11:11:02 8,059 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    great ending, and pleased they got that particular story arc starting early - was worried that was the thing that would drag on all series long. interesting to see where they go with it
  • markyHD 15 Oct 2012 11:55:11 455 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Real life isn't anywhere near as dramatised and exciting as 24, Homeland, etc. A show based closely on reality would probably just be dull to watch.

Episode 3 is ace :o
  • Mark1412 15 Oct 2012 12:30:58 532 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh I don't mind the lack of realism and I'm happy to overlook conveniences like the lady refusing to speak to anyone but Carrie because we all want Carrie back in the thick of things. But you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. Believable is different to realistic.

Not to say I didn't enjoy the first two episodes, I did.

• Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 14:52:17 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Err, Breaking Bad has won multiple awards. It's hardly been "snubbed". And Homeland won awards for its first season, which imo it absolutely deserved. It was a superb piece of television.

As for this episode... yeah, a bit of a step down from the first two, but still good. I'm quite glad that Saul wasn't stupid enough to only have one copy of the video.

But I'm a little worried about where this is going. The Brody thing with the tailor was a ridiculous contrivance. As if his terrorist friends had no other choice to rescue the guy other than the nationally-renowned congressman and vice-presidential candidate. Just get someone to kidnap him ffs.

Hopefully it will start ramping up now that Carrie and Saul are on the case, though. :)

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:10:06 15-10-2012
  • Psychotext 15 Oct 2012 15:46:17 54,187 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That last episode was pretty poor. I hope it's not a sign of things to come.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2012 15:51:41 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @anthonypappa

Well, sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I do think that Breaking Bad (not sure about Boardwalk Empire, as I haven't seen it) is a better show than this, but that's more a comment on how transcendantly awesome BB is, not a slight on Homeland. I loved pretty much the entire first season of this and, despite some concerns, I have every confidence that they can deliver on the second season too.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:52:11 15-10-2012
  • Deleted user 15 October 2012 16:02:41
    @anthonypappa

have to disagree with you as well :) sorry :)

Think the show is anything but wooden. theres so much depth to the main characters and scenarios that i find the world in homeland really gripping.

Brody although a 'terrorist', is ultimatley right in a lot of things he says - he is clearly frustrated with american society, so i can't see the viewpoint that this is yankee propaganda. His relationship with dana (his daughter) is great - she quite intellgient and the way he teaches her about other people - american civil war and the traditions of the muslim prayer is quite touching.

little things like being asked to do a wounded vetran fundrasing at a defence contractor lobbying fundraiser is quite critical of the hypocrisy of american society - and something at the moment his is quite conflicted with and being taking advantage of by nasir.

I love breaking bad, yet to watch broadwalk, but think i have pretty decent taste in tv.(wire, friday night lights etc)

Homeland is great. I love the first few seasons of 24, but that is just boyhood james bond esq fantasys compared to homeland.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2012 05:37:29 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes, Homeland is a different beast to 24, which was a lot twistier and pulpier. And sillier.

But, as funny as the thing with Brody in this episode was, it stretched credulity one step too far for me.

I read one review which said "Abu Nazir and his minions must be the dumbest terrorists on Earth". Which I basically agree with, based on evidence from these first three episodes. Here you have a mole at the highest levels of the American government, and what do you use him for? Bullshit errands, of course!

Fingers crossed that it gets a little better.
  • jonsaan 21 Oct 2012 22:13:33 25,352 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This show gets more annoying every week. A real shame. You can just picture all the writers 'Brainstorming' ideas to string it out over as many wretched seasons as possible. I predict 'prison break' meandering until it finally disappears up its own arsehole.

FCUTA!

• King_Edward 21 Oct 2012 22:23:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is it just me or did that episode end on the exact same cliffhanger as the last one?

That's a whole new level of padding.
  • jonsaan 21 Oct 2012 22:42:11 25,352 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No. You are exactly right. I suspect the entire series will now be about the same cliff-hanger never quite getting into the right hands.

FCUTA!

• GiarcYekrub 21 Oct 2012 22:49:25 3,754 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To me I'm still unsure who mission it was, Brody got told that the tailors cover was blown personally I was thinking that was a cover story to get either the tailor alone with Brody so Brody could be eliminated or have someone else take them both out

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 22:49:54 21-10-2012
  • Mola_Ram 21 Oct 2012 23:58:46 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    No. You are exactly right. I suspect the entire series will now be about the same cliff-hanger never quite getting into the right hands.
    Judging from the trailers for this week, it will get into the right hands. Carrie seems to be going back undercover to get Brody, with the CIA's blessing.
  • Bremenacht 22 Oct 2012 00:35:06 18,242 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I enjoyed it. In a sort of 'please, please stop doing this to them' sort of way. Seems to be more about those characters than it does about any plot though. Maybe it slowly builds into something.
  • Mola_Ram 22 Oct 2012 00:37:41 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The characters are what make this show great for me. As long as that remains the case, I can put up with most plot contrivances.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2012 04:18:59
    Well that was unexpected.
  • Mola_Ram 22 Oct 2012 10:23:22 7,388 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Woah. I thought that would happen eventually, but wasn't expecting it to happen so soon.
  • Lotos8ter 22 Oct 2012 15:35:24 2,358 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Which episode are you lot watching? I've just watched Ep 3 and fuck all happened (really), which is a bit of a bummer after the excellent Ep 2.

Fiat Lux

• Page

of 16 First / Last