FIFA Street 4

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Machetazo 29 Sep 2011 14:02:37 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just how do you, in a press conference, move from this (starts 2:30 in), an interesting and endearing acknowledgement and illustration of the allure of street soccer as a culture and sport worldwide, to this a thoroughly bland and totally uninspiring rehash of previous editions of EA's series, with none of the implied appreciation and reverence paid in the reflections clip? There's hardly any relation between them.

I think this comment from the Youtube channel, sums up too, my reaction, as the game trailer proper was rolling during EA's pre-Gamescom presser:
    this aint street, its in fucking stadiums! I WAS MISLEAD!
    Not in those words, but I was just shocked to see that disparity of what EA was presenting: a implication of one intent, leading right in to a demonstration of quite a different one. Reflecting on it, it does bring back shades of the negative MOH pre-launch shenanigans, over there. It was a case of being really interested, to just instant deflation and annoyance upon seeing the second video.
  • LFMartins 7 Feb 2012 17:33:13 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago

The game modes shown are nice, if you can play a full 5 vs 5 online online I will probably get it but there´s something off about the gameplay.
  • Deleted user 25 February 2012 01:16:07
    £50, bargain!
  • LFMartins 25 Feb 2012 17:38:19 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • Deckard1 28 Feb 2012 13:14:00 27,750 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anyone tried the demo yet then? Been pretty impressed with the videos I've seen so far.

Hush you ponce

• L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2012 13:30:58 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Didn't realise the demo was out. I may have to download it tonight as, like you say, the gameplay videos are looking rather promising.
  • TheMilkman 28 Feb 2012 15:44:19 205 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    From the demo I think it could be a laugh online. It all works quite well, but the novelty wears off in literally 5 minutes. Maybe the demo is on easy but it's just so, so easy to flick the ball up and knock it over someones head. It works every single time.

There's nothing much to it in single player at all really. A bit boring.
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2012 15:51:24 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you able to prevent the opposition from doing the same to you?
  • TheMilkman 28 Feb 2012 15:56:39 205 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They don't really try, but as I say I think the demo must be on ultra easy or something.

The defending was slightly better than I expected, but if the opposition doe a trick then they sometimes just seem to go through you. No slide tackles, which I suppose is only right.
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2012 16:02:22 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So does that mean that when a player starts a trick he is unable to be tackled? I am hoping there is always a window of oppertunity to tackle it just gets harder to time depending on where in the trick you try it.
  • TheMilkman 28 Feb 2012 16:11:17 205 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You seemingly can if they have the ball on the floor, but in my experience the defender will not lift his leg to intercept if the ball goes above knee height. To stop that you have to sprint behind yourself and try and get it that way, but it seems that those kind of tussles are purposely programmed to swing the way of the forward.

I scored a load of goals just sprinting while doing keep ups and they just couldn't stop me.
  • L_Franko Moderator 28 Feb 2012 16:14:17 9,694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm, that doesn't sound all that great.
    I'll not give up on the game and still give the demo a go but think I'll wait for reviews on the full game before putting down a pre-order.

Cheers for the info.
  • TheMilkman 28 Feb 2012 16:25:17 205 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No probs, defo give the demo a go. What I said there is not as bad as it sounds. As I say it does all seem to work properly, it just gets much more boring than you would have thought, and a lot fast er than you would expect.

It's like they've taken the most flamboyant parts of football and made them really sort of, I dunno, clinical
  • dunts 28 Feb 2012 16:28:24 4,186 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The demo is on easy and difficulty can't be changed, so I wouldn't judge the difficulty too much. From what i've played this game should be good fun. Plays well.
  • speed182 13 Mar 2012 11:46:27 905 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Playing the early release now and on hard difficulty it is ridiculous.

AI's keeper is super human, saves 90% of shots while yours can't save for toffee. When you tackle the AI you just bounce off them and they keep the ball.

A lot of people are complaining about it, hard isn't hard it's unbalanced and broken.

Medium on the other hand is far too easy.

If they patch it to sort it out I think it'll be a great game, I like the way the career works, the customization and player progression.

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• Ultrasoundwave 13 Mar 2012 12:56:00 3,282 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was quite surprised that i REALLY enjoyed the demo - its FIFA, with a twist. I imagine its at its best if you can get three mates to join you and blast through a 5-a-side tournament.

The fact that i scored an outstanding goal whilst playing the demo doesnt hurt my opinion of this game either!

Not sure if ill pay £40 for it, but when the price drops ill be all over it......!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• northernlights 14 Mar 2012 10:41:53 653 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where are the reviews for this game ? So far only major website that has reviewed it is game trailers. It's already out in the US
  • dnbuk 14 Mar 2012 20:34:06 4,943 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fifa-street
  • wayneh 16 Mar 2012 12:45:26 2,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is anyone else playing this on PS3? I'm really enjoying it.

Feel free to add me PSN ID: Gadgets73

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• haveasafeday 18 Apr 2012 20:04:51 360 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got a code for access to the Adidas All Star Team and the Messi inspired venue for anyone that wants it
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next