Have you seen this?!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • quadfather 22 Sep 2011 16:38:01 10,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Couldn't think of a forum to put this in apart from Tournaments and Competitions or here, so did both.

Who's up for this anyway? -

http://2.8hourslater.com/

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• kalel 22 Sep 2011 16:49:00 84,037 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes I saw something about it in another thread you started.
  • smoothpete 22 Sep 2011 16:50:01 31,039 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Honestly, if I played that I think things would go seriously wrong and people would end up being decapitated by my mighty kukri of death.
  • BinaryBob101 22 Sep 2011 16:58:59 21,971 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It sounds both awesome and fairly risky.

I wonder what the police think about this?

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• quadfather 22 Sep 2011 17:09:07 10,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, it says this on the T&C's bit - "We have not digitally recreated the city in minute detail. This is the real world and that's what makes it fun. It does mean that the normal laws you live by still apply. Private property is still private, crossings are still the best places to cross roads and all other laws of the land are still in effect."

I'd love to give it a go. There's one in Leeds and London. Typically both miles away from me! And I think I'd have to practice some running to get into shape a bit!

• MetalDog 22 Sep 2011 17:12:50 23,706 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There are quite a few street games played all over the world, many involving 'chase'. More play, less worry!
    I'd be up for this, but my saturdays are fairly well booked =/

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• DaisyD 22 Sep 2011 17:13:04 11,818 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't see the Police will see it as too much of a problem as long as it's got all it's proper permissions, licences and insurances etc.
  • redcrayon 22 Sep 2011 17:19:08 4,538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I did the Bristol one earlier this year, was a good laugh.
  • quadfather 22 Sep 2011 17:21:05 10,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is it full on energetic and knackering? How fit do you need to be?

• L_Franko Moderator 22 Sep 2011 17:25:01 9,692 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love the idea it sounds like fun but as I have trouble running up the staris in my flat (I live on first floor) I'd be out the first time I was spotted.
  • Kosmoz 22 Sep 2011 17:25:54 7,512 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds good, they should have it north of the border though. I wonder what you win if you get to the end?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• HoraceGoesSquiffy 22 Sep 2011 17:30:15 1,565 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've done the Bristol one too, it was amazing. It's part of a big street games festival they have every year called igfest. They have another game which is like snakes and ladders in a multistory carpark, where you have to avoid patrols on each floor. It's like games from when you were a kid crossed with Metal Gear Solid, but in a real place with lots of running around. Awesome fun, heartily recommend giving it a go.
  • redcrayon 22 Sep 2011 17:30:43 4,538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's mostly a treasure hunt, following clues to get from set piece to set piece. At and between each location (which are great, fully acted etc, we had a shopping centre underground car park as one!) are zombies, which each seemed to patrol an area- imagine a game of bulldog- it's short dashes followed by frantic regrouping as you try to find your team!

If you are moderately fit, and can run for 30 seconds while also not getting tired during 3 hours of walking/jogging, you can do it.

Best bit is groups sharing locations of the set pieces on the fly- my lot were heading for a doctors, pursued by 2 zombies, and ran into another group, coming the other way, saying it was overrun and we should head for a different grid reference, effectively allowing us to skip an event.

Even if you get 'bit' you can carry on with your mates, you get marked so you can still enjoy the whole thing but turn at the end.

We had 4 of us, and all died at the big finish- too many undead, but it was a great night!
  • redcrayon 22 Sep 2011 17:34:47 4,538 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If I did it again I'd recommend something for you to recognise your team by, as it can get frantic- I saw one lot with Left For Dead first aid backpacks, which was pretty cool.
  • quadfather 22 Sep 2011 17:37:51 10,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    haha that's cool.

If they do one somewhere in the north west I might give it a go

Cheers for the info redcrayon

• Page

of 1

Previous Next