Fringe Season 4 (US Pace) Page 6

  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

  • brandon-flowers 17 Feb 2012 01:41:45 182 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll see you in another life Brother! ;)
  • Razz 17 Feb 2012 02:22:58 61,618 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    @varsas

    Here's what I'm wondering, has Olivia gained Peter's-Olivia's memories or have they swapped places.

    It'd be fucked up if he got back to his universe only to find this universes Olivia there :/
    My theory is that what was happening to towns folk in that village was also affecting Olivia but differently due the cortextifan.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Razz 17 Feb 2012 02:25:39 61,618 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One thing that constantly bugs me about this season is why on Earth hasn't peter told Olivia about her special abilities o_O

    Suirely it would've been easier for Peter to have used Olivia to travel to the other universe instead of relying on the machine. He could've got right into Walternate's chambers :/

    Edited by Razz at 02:28:09 17-02-2012

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • varsas 17 Feb 2012 13:07:29 2,403 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    One thing that constantly bugs me about this season is why on Earth hasn't peter told Olivia about her special abilities o_O

    Suirely it would've been easier for Peter to have used Olivia to travel to the other universe instead of relying on the machine. He could've got right into Walternate's chambers :/

    Edited by Razz at 02:28:09 17-02-2012
    Peter has briefly mentioned her powers but didn't go any further due to her reaction that indicated she had no idea what he was on about.
  • Razz 17 Feb 2012 13:22:50 61,618 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I saw that, but I still find it odd that he didn't press the issue, especially when it could've helped him. Iirc, peter helped Olivia discover and someitmes use her powers in the original timeline/universe, which is why in this amber timeline she is none the wiser

    Edited by Razz at 13:23:27 17-02-2012

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • freakybun 17 Feb 2012 20:03:46 602 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MightyMouse wrote:
    The episodes after the break have been miles better than those in the first half of the series. A real return to form.
    Agreed, especially the one about the teenage girl 3 or 4 eps ago.  It will be a shame if the does end up being the last series.

    The keep weaving in ideas like the colliding universes that for some reason don't end up suspending my disbelief. Good writing I think.
  • Razz 19 Feb 2012 14:09:52 61,618 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well that was a disapointing copout :/

    Edited by Razz at 11:26:57 20-02-2012

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • HoriZon 19 Feb 2012 17:23:52 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was that indeed, still enjoyed the over all ep and the fact their is two Nina's!! (one from the alt universe or is she a shape shifter?)

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • MightyMouse 19 Feb 2012 22:06:32 1,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really didn't think that was a copout, for a couple of reasons:

    Firstly, though we know that Olivia is being dosed with Cortexephan, this doesn't answer whether she is fundamentally the same Olivia from Peter's world or a different one, i.e. whether Peter's timeline currently exists.

    Secondly, evil Nina being a shapeshifter means that there must be a further person behind the shapeshifters because David Robert Jones knew less than Sharpshifter about their plan. So who gave that shapeshifter its orders?


    Edit: Of course they might decide that these aren't problems and just ignore them.

    Edited by MightyMouse at 22:07:53 19-02-2012
  • TheRealBadabing 20 Feb 2012 10:27:03 1,348 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Disappointing cop out, would have been a lot more interesting if she was actually just an evil genius. Lets face it, she has always been a very shady character, no matter what universe.

    Also, leaving her tied to a chair isn't exactly the shapeshifter way. As they always seem to kill the original, maybe there is another twist on the way...
  • MightyMouse 20 Feb 2012 14:19:39 1,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    Also, leaving her tied to a chair isn't exactly the shapeshifter way. As they always seem to kill the original, maybe there is another twist on the way...
    Definitely, I'd presume the Nina in the basement is evil - either a shapeshifter or the Nina from the other universe who has stolen the Cortexiphan.
  • Wobble 20 Feb 2012 17:07:59 1,028 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just presumed that it was the same Nina and she was pretending to be detained too so that they could continue fucking with Olivia. And the Olivia wakes up in the chair scene was 'some time later', allowing Nina the time to get to wherever it was.
    Every other instance of a shapeshifter taking over a persoen has resulted in the original being dead, or have i missed some?
    So assuming then that there can only be 2 concurrent Nina's (shapeshifter or not) if the Nina in the chair is not the same Nina that was previously in the GD vault, then it must be the alternate one and she was used by the shapeshifters to get past the DNA lock.
    Oh wait, we know one Nina is working with the shapeshifters and drugging Olivia, and she seemed to be doing so willingly, and even be running things.

    So I guess the question is: Was the Nina in the GD vault evil and pretending, because if she genuinely was surprised that the cortexifan was swapped then the Nina in the chair must be either her tied up a bit later, or the 'Evil Nina'/(or)'Shapeshifter as Nina' feigning detention.
    I think that the 'lore' so far forces there to be only 2 of everyone, shapeshifter or not, so (at least) one of them has to be lying.

    Edited by Wobble at 17:16:19 20-02-2012
  • Scimarad 20 Feb 2012 18:30:50 8,601 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've gotta say I've been assuming Evil Nina was a shapeshifter all along. I wouldn't call that a cop-out because it seems like the most logical explanation considering we know there are shapeshifters running about and that Nina, if anything, seems to have had a much closer relationship with Olivia in this timeline. I'd have a harder time believing Nina is just evil in this world and Olivia never picked up on it.
  • HoriZon 20 Feb 2012 22:00:25 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well this week and the last ep till the end of March is all about The Observers will we at long last find out who/what they are, it looks like it.



    /excited!

    Edited by HoriZon at 22:00:55 20-02-2012

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • SG 21 Feb 2012 01:46:04 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • HoriZon 21 Feb 2012 09:42:04 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SG wrote:
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.
    They could just ask David Robert Jones for that though.

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • BinaryBob101 21 Feb 2012 15:50:09 24,128 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stolen from the, "Today I Learned..." thread:

    merryterry wrote:
    Today I learned that the Glyphs leading into commercial breaks in each Fringe episode actually mean something:

    http://fringepedia.net/wiki/Glyphs_code

    How cool is that? Been watching it since long time ago and this never ever crossed my mind.

    www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

  • HoriZon 21 Feb 2012 16:11:55 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah and an Observer is meant to be in every ep somewhere also there is an easter egg in each ep for the next like the other week there was a shop window with some beer in it and the week after in Westfield? a street was called the same.

    http://eastereggs.fringetelevision.com/

    Edited by HoriZon at 16:14:33 21-02-2012

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • SG 21 Feb 2012 20:50:07 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.
    They could just ask David Robert Jones for that though.
    But we don't know who's behind it and they could be after all sorts of information.

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • MightyMouse 21 Feb 2012 22:20:36 1,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are loads more of us watching this than I thought. I hope we're all assiduously buying the dvd's so it gets extended against the odds a la Chuck.
  • HoriZon 21 Feb 2012 23:28:11 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Great site that.

    Here is a great breakdown of this week's episode
    Yeah its a good site but lots of spoilers and things so tend to avoid but i do catch up with it from time to time though.

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • HoriZon 21 Feb 2012 23:31:41 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SG wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.
    They could just ask David Robert Jones for that though.
    But we don't know who's behind it and they could be after all sorts of information.
    Yes but this Jones is the same one from the end of season 1 and from the same verse as Peter so he knows about it and he's been travelling back and forth for a while now.

    What info could they get off of our Olivia did she know anything other than the cases she dealt with?

    We are still to meet the guy who is meant to kill her as well from last season the guy who jumped out of the plane in the cartoon ep.

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • Ged42 21 Feb 2012 23:49:35 7,776 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if Walter occasionally loosing what seems to be a important chain of thought is going to become a key point, I'm sure it's happened before?

    I wonder if it's just a sign of his age/alzheimers, a side effect of all this mucking around with universes or some outside force (the Observers?) trying to stop him remembering/doing something important?
  • SG 22 Feb 2012 01:21:57 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.
    They could just ask David Robert Jones for that though.
    But we don't know who's behind it and they could be after all sorts of information.
    Yes but this Jones is the same one from the end of season 1 and from the same verse as Peter so he knows about it and he's been travelling back and forth for a while now.

    What info could they get off of our Olivia did she know anything other than the cases she dealt with?

    We are still to meet the guy who is meant to kill her as well from last season the guy who jumped out of the plane in the cartoon ep.
    Jones can't be from Peter's universe (or rather 'timeline')- he got killed. They might try to manipulate her abilities now that she has cortexifan in her, anyway I'm sure that any Fringe agent would be quite useful to alot of scientific criminal organisations.



    Ged42 wrote:
    I wonder if Walter occasionally loosing what seems to be a important chain of thought is going to become a key point, I'm sure it's happened before?

    I wonder if it's just a sign of his age/alzheimers, a side

    effect of all this mucking around with universes or some outside force (the Observers?) trying to stop him remembering/doing something important?
    It's probably all the drugs!

    One of my favourite lines in an earlier season is when Peter (I think) asks Walter "Are you okay? Did you take something?", to which Walter replies "Psychedelics? No, not since Thursday". :D

    Edited by SG at 01:22:30 22-02-2012

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • HoriZon 22 Feb 2012 09:31:01 13,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SG wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:
    SG wrote:
    Regarding Nina and Olivia being tied up and still alive, I thought straight away that they're in the chairs to be interrogated. Nina for being so high up in Massive Dynamic and Olivia because they want information about the other timeline, which is why someone had been sneaking cortexifan into her.
    They could just ask David Robert Jones for that though.
    But we don't know who's behind it and they could be after all sorts of information.
    Yes but this Jones is the same one from the end of season 1 and from the same verse as Peter so he knows about it and he's been travelling back and forth for a while now.

    What info could they get off of our Olivia did she know anything other than the cases she dealt with?

    We are still to meet the guy who is meant to kill her as well from last season the guy who jumped out of the plane in the cartoon ep.
    Jones can't be from Peter's universe (or rather 'timeline')- he got killed. They might try to manipulate her abilities now that she has cortexifan in her, anyway I'm sure that any Fringe agent would be quite useful to alot of scientific criminal organisations.
    Didn't they say he was? he knew who Peter was, did he die though he was chopped in half yes but they have rebuilt whole bodies on Fringe.

    I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

  • SG 22 Feb 2012 17:42:37 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think he did know who Peter was.

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • SG 23 Feb 2012 02:47:09 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Exactly, that's what I thought. Well, he did exist in that timeline but only as a child. ;)

    /pedant

    Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

  • varsas 26 Feb 2012 08:30:01 2,403 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Argh! 4 week wait after an awesome episode! :( My gf and I spent the start of the episode wondering which Nina was the real one but decided on the captured one being the fake when Olivia started to talk to her about the past. The teaser for the last 8 episodes is making the wait for painful!
  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

Log in or register to reply