Looking pretty good in this trailer
  • roz123 19 Dec 2011 15:59:33 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Big trailer
  • Burto83 19 Dec 2011 16:19:50 77 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking good i will be keeping any eye out for this it also uses the circle pad pro (hopefully for the camera) is this supposed to be the 3rd instalment or just a spin off.
  • Deleted user 19 December 2011 16:20:37
    Title reminds me of this

Edited by meme at 16:22:22 19-12-2011
  • kingcrowbar 20 Dec 2011 00:13:34 875 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Firstly how the hell did you get to that video the first time to be reminded of it?

What will happen when it gets released on PS Vita?

Kingdom Hearts: Very Interesting Tiggers Arse

/jazz hands
  • roz123 20 Dec 2011 10:02:58 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here is the same video with english subtitles. Press CC if you don't see them.
    http://youtu.be/Zlex8ja2eNI
    It didnt really help me understand what was going on better but I have only played a tiny bit of the DS game. Hopefully the story is decent for a newcomer.
  • el_pollo_diablo 20 Dec 2011 20:24:54 2,031 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never played a KH game. What sort of thing is it? Final Fantasy for Tweens?
  • dominalien 20 Dec 2011 20:27:57 6,742 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No, it's a very dumbed down PoP. Has its charms, though.

They really do come up with ridiculous names for these games, don't they?

PSN: DonOsito

• tendollarlameo 21 Dec 2011 06:51:09 43 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I hardly think Dream Drop Distance is sillier than other game titles. Can you say the title of a Shin Megami Tensei game ten times fast? Plus "Dream" because it has something to do with sleep, "Drop" because...well actually I have no fucking idea, but there were falling Soras in the trailer, so I'm sure that's just some deep metaphor for friendship or love or something equally lame, and then Distance because the 3D effect has you going into the screen rather than the screen come out at you.

Anyways, very excited for this. Not only does it lead straight into III, but all the Worlds are new. I'm hoping for an Atlantis, Treasure Planet, or Tangled world. Both excited and disappointed that TRON: Legacy is getting a world, because that's just basically Space Paranoids: Redux.

The inclusion of The World Ends With You characters definitely has me excited, as I've always wondered why it was just Final Fantasy characters that got to be in the game.
  • roz123 13 Jan 2012 17:03:34 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • roz123 19 Jan 2012 11:12:28 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Coming out end of March in Japan along with this special edition 3DS
  • ilmaestro 21 Feb 2012 17:27:36 32,299 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More small bits of info:

http://andriasang.com/con01f/kh3d_memoir/

Basically story summaries for all the games will be included, in case you missed one/all of them.

• Burto83 8 Mar 2012 22:18:36 77 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    23.51 Preorder price on amazon at the moment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007G4JZ9K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=whthhesa-21
  • roz123 8 Mar 2012 22:44:33 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice one, put my order in just in case, can always drop out if needs be.
  • Mockingbird 10 Mar 2012 23:30:04 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So excited for this! Especially for the characters from The World Ends With You (which reminds me, I need to finish that game).

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

• roz123 21 Mar 2012 11:02:53 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    First review from Famitsu 38/40.
  • JinTypeNoir 31 Mar 2012 15:43:11 4,365 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First impressions:

-ZOMG! That movie when you first power on the game! Good lordy mordy!

-There are a ton of new systems in this game, each with a confusing name, so get ready to Reality Shift, Link Portal, Spirit link, Dual link, Ability Link, Spirit Breed, Flick Rush, Deck Command, Toy Train, Free Flow, and Recollect your Memoirs while you and Forecast Events, and Dive Mode into Missions and tactically Drop so that your Bonus Relay gets good through gorgeous 3D worlds. I'm totally not kidding, all of those are names of new systems you get introduced to in the first hour or two of the game. It's bewildering, but refreshing. It's kind of nice that the game trusts the players to go off with a brief explanation and somehow come to grips with it all on their own. That said, even though its hella fun, it sure is confusing at first.

-It is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro if that's your thing. I don't have one and I think it controls very smoothly, and if 2ch Kingdom Hearts users are any help, those that do think it controls BETTER without it.

-I'm one of those people who like Kingdom Hearts II better than I and one of the biggest reasons is because the 3D platforming through environments in I was a big pain in the ass and the game still stuck to notions of older 3D action RPGs, rather than going with the new approaches Kingdom Hearts games would eventually fit much better with. However, I can appreciate that some didn't like how much smaller and more straightforward the environments in games afterwards were. If you were one of those people, you might enjoy KH3D a lot. Each world is absolutely immense in all three dimensions and riddled off-the-path areas to explore. Furthermore, since you explore with both Riku and Sora you often get to explore different places in each version of the sleeping worlds the two characters dream through. This made much less painful by the aforementioned Free Flow Action system, which basically turns the game into a mix of Mega Man X and Ninja Gaiden, as you rocket off walls, slide down rails, double and triple jump, float and bound through surfaces, all the way connecting combos in attacks if you so please. It's exhilarating, especially because the environments are every bit as high quality as Kingdom Hearts I and II's levels of bringing to them life.

-I love my spirit rattle snake, who I named Hebrew, and how he giggles when I pet his tail!

-I've played all of the games in the series and I was still lost at what was going on for the first five or six hours, if you just give it up and let the game go with the flow, the story starts to come together at its own pace. I'm not sure why, with the games press going on and on about the maturing of games, there's this emphasis and understanding everything about a story right from the beginning since a lot of the classics they worship certainly don't take that approach, but seriously you very clearly aren't met to understand it until later in the game and when you start needing the game gives you synopses of the other games, recaps of the most vital information and a glossary to explain potentially confusing terms, so there is no reason to avoid this title if you've not played Kingdom Hearts game before or haven't played one in a while. If, on the other hand, you get annoyed if not everything in a plot if delivered to you in perfectly understandable morsels, Kingdom Hearts in general will probably drive you crazy and you'd best stay away. Ever since the beginning of the Wii and DS's approach to widening audiences, I have not seen a mainstream game so hell-bent on being as complicated as this one in both gameplay and plot, running ahead at full speed and leaving the player to follow it on their own terms.

-The gargoyles from Hunchback of Notre Dame look so cute in 3D!
  • roz123 4 Apr 2012 09:10:38 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the impressions, my only experience of KHs was one of the DS games that felt a little mundane and I quickly abandoned it, I didn't know much about the series at the the time though but I am pretty sure that game was not as well recieved as the others.

Seems like fans of the series on youtube and various forums are obsessed by the ending, so its hard to find good videos without constantly stumbling on it, although I know very little about the story so a shot of a character here or there is not a problem for me.

Here is the intro from the Japanese version, be careful because the links on the side may show spoilers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOy9qNJ9aE

This same guy also has uploaded a few walkthrough videos if you want to check out some gameplay.
  • roz123 15 May 2012 09:45:36 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago

English trailer
  • roz123 27 Jun 2012 10:48:09 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What did people think of the demo? Only got so far as the tutorial as I barely had any time but thought graphics were nice.
  • santashi 27 Jun 2012 11:04:37 4,933 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it looks good (didn't play it in 3D though). I played through the demo pretty quickly as I was a bit pushed for time. I loved that Neku had retained his personality from TWEWY and thought the small cut scene was done well in terms of series and mindsets meeting. The combat was easy enough to pick up again even if it's been a year or so since I played a KH game.

It did feel to me like it might have been easier to play with more buttons or input devices so there was less doubling up but I think they'd probably done their best with what they had. The screen sometimes felt rather cluttered during fights but using the 3D might help with this or it could be that I've just been spoiled by playing too many games with nicer camera controls recently.

It seemed nice enough and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the story. It didn't blow me away enough to make me sad that I won't be able to get it on release but I'll be happy to pick it up at some point in the future.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• elstoof 27 Jun 2012 11:09:46 6,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the demo on the eStore? Also, do you reckon I'd be missing out on much having not played any of the other KH games?
  • Murbal 27 Jun 2012 11:15:26 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Demo is on the estore. Also, you won't be missing out because the story never makes any sense regardless ;-)
  • elstoof 27 Jun 2012 11:17:56 6,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those are the answers I was looking for!
  • roz123 27 Jun 2012 11:37:14 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the game contains a lot of info for people who missed out on the other games (which is probably most people as they seem to swap platforms all the time)
    Here is a new trailer
    http://youtu.be/cfiAkGqpG3Q
  • Deleted user 27 June 2012 11:46:00
    Didn't really get on with the demo - but there was a lot of stuff to take in. I last played KH when the original was release, so it seems a lot of news bells and whistles have been added. I'm wanting a hd trilogy first, then i think once i get used to that, then i go back and get this.

Might give it a couple of more goes, see if it clicks, but Thearyhtm got my pre-order :)
  • Kokapetl 3 Jul 2012 21:21:10 865 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I remember going to pick the first game up on the day it came out. Loved it! When it came to playing the second one I had no time for it. After watching all these videos however, I'm quite tempted to go back to it and start again.

Am I to take it that KH has found it's own identity now? I don't think that I've seen one Final Fantasy character in any of those videos.

Xbox Live/PS3/Steam - Kokapetl
    3DS - 0903-2865-7239 - Face

• DFawkes 3 Jul 2012 22:40:02 22,063 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope there's a catch up for people who have been away from the series for a while. I absolutely loved the first, but much like Kokapetl didn't have much time for the second. If not, I'll be using a Kingdom Hearts wiki a lot (not that I mind, I love reading up on stuff like that).

I'm glad the music in Traverse Town is a little like it was in the first, the soundtrack was one of my favourite things ever.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 17 Jul 2012 09:41:14 10,785 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, out this Friday. Anyone still got it preordered?

I cancelled my order a while back but am tempted again to pick this up.
  • Murbal 17 Jul 2012 09:45:25 21,547 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Ignatius_Cheese I have. Pre-ordered at just under 25 on Amazon and I'm looking forward to it. I've played a couple of KH games before (KH2 and BBS) and although I didn't finish either I enjoyed the experiences.

Edited by Murbal at 09:46:43 17-07-2012
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous