Is X-Wing/TIE Fighter coming back finally? Quite possibly.... Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Dirtbox 23 Sep 2011 18:11:45 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not a chance of that ever happening on a console. I-war 2 was better though. And Elite 2.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Khanivor 23 Sep 2011 18:23:47 40,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Warhead was where it was really at.
  • Dirtbox 23 Sep 2011 18:25:18 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Warhead was where it was really at.
    Good call.

• PenguinJim 23 Sep 2011 18:25:38 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warhawk*.
  • PenguinJim 23 Sep 2011 18:27:19 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nipsen wrote:
    And fundamentally really only is about flying in 3d space... then that's not so impossible to imagine as a console-title.. right?

..maybe we'll see a Gundam game before that. lol..
    Heh, good point. Why'd they never make a Gundam game for the PS2 or anything?
  • Dirtbox 23 Sep 2011 18:33:39 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Weren't there like 40 odd... oh, I see.

• Deleted user 23 September 2011 19:07:24
    nipsen wrote:
    ..yes.. a Gundam game. While flying in space? Or flying through the atmosphere?... ..no? Zoe as well was in 2d planes, more or less.

Anyway. This is just extremely entertaining. You three just behave /exactly/ like a typical publisher, or any reviewer at IGN.

"So wouldn't a Tie-fighter game be cool? -YES, WE HAVE BATTLE OF NABOOO COMING OUT NOW AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!!...".
    or
    "What if the interest in space-shooters and aliens could be a cue to release a new Xcom game? - WHY, YES XCOM THE FIRST PERSON SHOOTER WILL COME OUT NEXT YEAR AND IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME, JUST LIKE YOU REMEMBER XCOM, EXCEPT ADAPTED FOR MODERN AUDIENCES!!!".

You're exactly like that. No wonder the EG staff are buddies with you.

I ask this question far too often but...are you retarded? Maybe just a little bit?
  • Dirtbox 23 Sep 2011 19:30:19 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think he's replying here to comments made in another forum, it's the only possible explanation.

• ResidentKnievel 23 Sep 2011 19:55:15 6,201 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do you have Asperger's?

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Dirtbox 23 Sep 2011 19:57:28 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Watch out, he's from Norway. He'll go on a killing spree to teach us MS fanboys a lesson.

• Khanivor 23 Sep 2011 20:05:42 40,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What's even more funny than his batshit ramblings is how he has us all pegged utterly wrong. Not funny haha, mind.

Odds on the PS3 being this chaps' first ever gaming machine?
  • Rusty_M 23 Sep 2011 20:45:27 4,689 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This thread made sense a few pages ago.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 23 September 2011 20:55:37
    nipsen wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    I ask this question far too often but...are you retarded? Maybe just a little bit?
    Yes, probably.

cool
  • pauleyc 23 Sep 2011 21:44:34 4,462 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Topical: Lutz's gamepad control scheme for TIE Fighter (also scroll down a bit for additional madness).
  • Rodney 24 Sep 2011 01:23:15 1,895 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems simple enough to me....
  • PenguinJim 24 Sep 2011 01:49:40 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nipsen wrote:
    ..yes.. a Gundam game. While flying in space? Or flying through the atmosphere?... ..no?
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters In Space says hi from space. http://ps2.ign.com/articles/457/457531p1.html

While flying through the atmosphere? I'm not sure what you mean - technically, all of the planet-bound ones had Gundams "flying through the atmosphere". If you mean flying from space, down through the atmosphere, to arrive ground-level on a planet... which games let you do that? I don't think I've seen that feature since Damocles.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2011 01:52:07
    Plenty of good and bad stuff from the far east, still, it never makes it over here and when it does they either repackage for kids or add swearing and repackage for teen/adults.
  • Dirtbox 24 Sep 2011 14:56:38 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    While this is no doubt fascinating and the urge to point out the dozens of space sims that you've neglected to mention in your "only games that do this" tirade is overwhelming, I'm struggling to see any point in this.

• PenguinJim 24 Sep 2011 16:04:55 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just been helping out by fixing nipsen's mistakes and providing information for which he asks. :/ The last request was "...a Gundam game. While flying in space...". Oh, but he meant a "space-sim". Silly me, my fault, and I do apologise for being so stupid as to only provide what he asked for.

I'd honestly stop fulfilling his requests and clarifying his untruths if his responses weren't comedy gold. For example: "towards the end there Kirk beats Khan by "geniously" breaking away from imagining space as a x-y plane..."
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geniously

Yup, he's a genious alright. The only thread relevance I've sucked out of his last half-dozen posts is that he'd prefer a new X-Wing/TIE Fighter game to eschew the 2D plane.
  • PenguinJim 24 Sep 2011 16:10:49 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nipsen wrote:
    The rest are shooters and arcade games. Because, they say, it's too difficult to play anything else. ...possibly because publishers really do browse forums like this, and think people who flaunt their stupidity as a highly valued skill are representative of gamers in general.
    Ooh, I've never seen a publisher claim this. Would you mind sharing your source?

But I don't really think that you're representative.
  • PenguinJim 24 Sep 2011 16:28:50 5,863 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looking at the Gears of War sales figures, I really don't think so.
  • Dirtbox 24 Sep 2011 16:30:33 78,205 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nipsen wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    While this is no doubt fascinating and the urge to point out the dozens of space sims that you've neglected to mention in your "only games that do this" tirade is overwhelming, I'm struggling to see any point in this.
    Yes, thank you, princess, for stating the obvious.

There aren't "dozens" of space-sims. Apart from Derek Smart's horror of a game (that shouldn't be mentioned as being in the genre, unless we want everyone to laugh when we say "space-sim") - we have I-War, Tie Fighter (x-wing, alliance to some extent), Freespace 1&2 (even if those aren't exactly very deep).. and... that's it. The rest are shooters and arcade games. Because, they say, it's too difficult to play anything else. ...possibly because publishers really do browse forums like this, and think people who flaunt their stupidity as a highly valued skill are representative of gamers in general.
    There are dozens of others, the X series, the Elite series, Even Tarr Chronicles has a Z axis.

And yeah, devs do browse this forum and still you haven't told me what your point is. If you think for a second you're winning friends amoungst devs you're sorely mistaken. You're probably the most worthless poster I've clapped eyes on to date, and I've seen a few.

• Page

of 7 First / Last