Path of Exile Page 10

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next
  • Arrr9 27 Oct 2013 19:18:35 401 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Like darkmorgado says, these are your views and not facts. If you've played Path of Exile for 300 hours or so then you've got your money's worth ( not bad being free to play ) and to start moaning about an end game after having played this long is kind of moronic.

Personally I'm still playing and having fun with Diablo III, the console version gave it a new lease of life for me but am still looking forawrd to what looks like a pretty good patch for the PC version. Just couldn't get in to Path of Exile, I can see the appeal but I think Phattso kind of outlined why I'm not getting on with it. @moron These are just my views though - I can see why someone would prefer POE over Diablo but it's just not my cup of tea.
  • spamdangled 27 Oct 2013 19:21:07 27,269 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And your view on loot drop rates, your view on Diablo 3 being a "casual" game, etc etc.

I like PoE a lot, but the vastness of the skill trees is pretty redundant and uninteresting once you start playing and all of them are just small incremental attribute upgrades. I can see why the graphics aren't doing much for people either, as they're pretty conservative and a lot of stuff is on the wrong side of shiny. Having truckloads of numbers and stats isn't depth, it's breadth. There's a difference.

Edited by darkmorgado at 19:23:57 27-10-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Arrr9 27 Oct 2013 19:31:56 401 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @moron I do totally agree with your single player, self found idea, loot is the reason these games are so compelling and it's always a lot more satisfying to find it for yourself.

Even if Diablo III is in your eyes a "casual" game though, is that so bad ? I've played this casual game for more hours than any game this year and last and enjoyed every gibbing hour of it - where's the harm in that ?
  • spamdangled 27 Oct 2013 19:40:27 27,269 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    moron wrote:
    Not finding a single upgrade for nearly 30 levels is good drop rate?
    That's your own personal experience. Hearsay. Not fact.

moron wrote:
    Diablo 3 is a very bad Diablo sequel. As a standalone game taking into account all console improvements (which I heard about), it can be quite solid game
    And again, that's your view, not a fact.
    moron wrote:
    Well, you can't have any depth without truckloads of numbers and stats
    And this is just total nonsense.

Edited by darkmorgado at 19:42:04 27-10-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 27 Oct 2013 19:56:14 27,269 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Diablo 3 has loads of tactics.

If you think depth in a game only comes from having loads of different stats to keep track of and actively modify, then you have a very poor understanding of what depth actually is. Plenty of games achieve depth without having a single stat.

Edited by darkmorgado at 20:01:34 27-10-2013

• Phattso Moderator 28 Oct 2013 07:28:09 13,199 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How does PoE do better then? Thus far I haven't had to use any tactics. At all. I just stand there and hit things in the face and then they fall down.
  • Phattso Moderator 28 Oct 2013 07:46:22 13,199 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find, on Inferno Diablo 3, that the champion packs can be amazingly challenging. You can't go toe-to-toe with Molten. You can't go where you like with Chains or Arcane because they block off large spaces... so each encounter can be A) challenging, B) doable, C) a fuckload of fun.

Can't blame you for not playing D3 for long, the first 20 hours are shit, but if you spout your opinion based on the 10 minutes you spent with it one more time I might ban you* just for the hell of it.

You've clearly spent at least half of your adult life playing PoE, so limit your critique to that rather than assumptions about games you clearly know fuck all about.

* well, I probably won't.
  • Phattso Moderator 28 Oct 2013 07:57:04 13,199 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    moron wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    You've clearly spent at least half of your adult life playing PoE
    Just several months. There was not much to play this year anyway
    Yes, I stand by my statement.

Gamers can make their own fun. If you choose to use the AH to overlevel your character relative to the opposition then you deserve to be bored to tears because you're a fucking idiot.
  • Arrr9 28 Oct 2013 09:02:36 401 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It really isn't a requirement, you don't have to use the AH, it'll probably mean you'll be playing at a lower MP but it's the same game. At least the AH will be gone in a few months anyway.

Of course you can avoid molten or negate some of it with melee characters using their various skills and tactics. You'll probably have to scamper away and restore some health but this is true of every ARPG that I've played.

I'm not a fan of the RMAH but it seems that some are and I'm sure Blizzard are more than happy to take your money if you care to spend it there, the same is true of any company. You do have free will though and if you don't want to use it then don't. The same goes for this forum.

Soooo, Path of Exile....

Edited by Arrr9 at 09:03:23 28-10-2013
  • TVoJ 28 Oct 2013 10:26:16 1,739 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I started playing this last night with a friend. It's cool but I think I'd prefer to play with a pad. Anyone have any experience of this?
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 03:10:59 1,739 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @moron

Thanks bro, will try that out tomorrow.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Nov 2013 12:06:52 13,252 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Seems like a good place to post this.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• hypoBla5t 10 Nov 2013 19:59:11 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well this is a bit good isn't it? Last played during the open beta and posted to say how disappointed I was about the game - since then they've pretty much addressed my major issues, especially the combat which is much more chunky now. Love it. Bring on more!!
  • hypoBla5t 11 May 2014 13:17:37 1,359 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really enjoying the 2 week charity event that started yesterday, really gripping HC league. The game feels properly finished now and the combat is much slicker. Good break from Diablo.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last

Next