Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Articles haven't been loading for me since the latest update :-(
  • freakybun 4 Jan 2012 18:12:12 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Have a check you're definitely running 2.39. Ive put out a couple of updates recently, yesterday's one fixed a bug with a rogue article that prevented the lists from loading.
  • binster 4 Jan 2012 20:21:51 511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey Freakybun, a very unrelated thought just occured. Your name is Tim Forsyth, right? Are you this Tim Forsyth?

http://www.remix64.com/track/tim_forsyth/ghouls_and_ghosts_level_4/

If so, I love that remix :) if not, carry on!
  • Progguitarist 4 Jan 2012 21:24:30 10,420 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    freakybun wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Have a check you're definitely running 2.39. Ive put out a couple of updates recently, yesterday's one fixed a bug with a rogue article that prevented the lists from loading.
    working perfectly now, thanks!
  • freakybun 5 Jan 2012 09:11:32 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Billy_Sastard

Great, good to hear its fixed.

My Brother is getting there, thanks for asking. 2 more weeks and he can start physio, it must feel like an age for him, but he's making such great progress. Plus he became a Dad 2 days ago, woot!! :)
  • freakybun 5 Jan 2012 09:15:55 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    binster wrote:
    Hey Freakybun, a very unrelated thought just occured. Your name is Tim Forsyth, right? Are you this Tim Forsyth?

http://www.remix64.com/track/tim_forsyth/ghouls_and_ghosts_level_4/

If so, I love that remix :) if not, carry on!
    Gah! I've been rumbled!

Yep, thats my clumsy fingers trying to sound like "live" drums at the end.

I remember locking myself away for a week with Reason making all the sounds (there's quite a few effects in the background that took ages to make sound like the 64).

Hang on... Binster, you mean.. http://www.remix64.com/track/binster/ghouls_and_ghosts_poltergeist_mix/

I loved that remix!
  • binster 5 Jan 2012 10:29:45 511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This thread is now about C64 remixes :p

Nah, as the last off-topic post, I shall state that I didn't realise you had so many remixes and I am off to listen to them!
  • Mickey219 19 Jan 2012 20:06:27 20 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trailers seem to be broke for me. Clicking them leads to a blank screen so I disabled HD but that didn't help. Holding in and using one of the options causes the video to stutter with sound playing as normal. The mobile site option works fine though so I will use that in the meantime.
  • freakybun 19 Jan 2012 22:01:58 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I know, we're at the mercy of the eg streams here. It seems that more and more of them are incompatible. Think I might have a word to see if the mobile ones can be exposed in the API because they are great quality so not missing much.

Thanks for the info, I might make mobile video the default option.
  • mrpon 19 Jan 2012 22:09:28 28,738 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On my SG2 tapping a video in the trailers section takes me straight to my local Videos application folder. As Mickey mentioned, pressing and holding then selecting a resolution works okay for me however my audio works fine.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• kadooosh 19 Jan 2012 23:54:32 1,359 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    On my SG2 tapping a video in the trailers section takes me straight to my local Videos application folder. As Mickey mentioned, pressing and holding then selecting a resolution works okay for me however my audio works fine.
    Got exactly same thing on s2 aswell
  • freakybun 20 Jan 2012 20:54:46 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ooh, I get something similar too if I turn off mobile video. I'll take a look this weekend.
  • suicida 20 Jan 2012 22:09:52 254 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi Freaky, any chance you could implement a font size selector? I've just got a Motorola Xoom WiFi (flashed it with US firmware and updated to ICS) and while the app looks great and works fine, text is a little small and hard to read. Quite a few apps have this problem but this is the only one where I have an easy way to hassle the developer... :-P

On a related note, if you want me to test anything out just let me know. Still loving the app and use it daily.
  • Khari 23 Jan 2012 11:44:37 4 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love this app. Thanks so much for developing it! 95% of my EG browsing is now done on my phone thanks to the niftiness of this app.

The only thing that could improve it is the implementation of volume button scrolling. Only because I scroll with that in my browser and keep pressing it in the EG app by force of habit. This obviously only makes the media volume to change. Doh!

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work developing this. It's one of the best site specific apps on my phone. Great work.
  • freakybun 23 Jan 2012 15:29:06 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    suicida wrote:
    Hi Freaky, any chance you could implement a font size selector? I've just got a Motorola Xoom WiFi (flashed it with US firmware and updated to ICS) and while the app looks great and works fine, text is a little small and hard to read.

Its on my list of things to add :)
  • freakybun 23 Jan 2012 15:31:26 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Khari wrote:
    I love this app. Thanks so much for developing it! 95% of my EG browsing is now done on my phone thanks to the niftiness of this app.

The only thing that could improve it is the implementation of volume button scrolling. Only because I scroll with that in my browser and keep pressing it in the EG app by force of habit. This obviously only makes the media volume to change.
    I will take a look when I start adding new features next week. It's a straightforward thing to do now I've added scrolling to the top banner.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Jan 2012 15:33:01 3,868 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    freakybun wrote:
    suicida wrote:
    Hi Freaky, any chance you could implement a font size selector? I've just got a Motorola Xoom WiFi (flashed it with US firmware and updated to ICS) and while the app looks great and works fine, text is a little small and hard to read.

Try the compatibility mode. As this is a phone app you can tell it to stretch.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• suicida 23 Jan 2012 22:42:55 254 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    freakybun wrote:
    suicida wrote:

Try the compatibility mode. As this is a phone app you can tell it to stretch.
    Heh, I tried that already. It just makes the text massive and horribly pixellated...
  • Maturin 24 Jan 2012 08:56:26 2,952 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How difficult would it be to offer a night option? By that I mean white text on black background. Would also be a battery saver.
  • freakybun 24 Jan 2012 14:14:56 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    How difficult would it be to offer a night option? By that I mean white text on black background. Would also be a battery saver.
    Haven't forgotten about this, I will work on a dark theme in future...
  • freakybun 29 Jan 2012 15:24:19 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Would you kindly enjoy dark and large font themes. While you're at it, try scrolling with the volume buttons. :)

Update!
  • mrpon 29 Jan 2012 15:42:08 28,738 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Installed! I'm running dark as we speak. Volume control is a revelation. You amazing bastard.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Maturin 29 Jan 2012 17:26:26 2,952 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    freakybun wrote:
    Would you kindly enjoy dark and large font themes. While you're at it, try scrolling with the volume buttons. :)

Update!
    Absolutely superb mate. Fantastic job.

Slight problem. Text entry in the dark theme is almost the same colour as the background. Light grey on white.

Edit: this is in honeycomb and ICS BTW. Hard to see while typing.

Edited by Maturin at 17:39:59 29-01-2012
  • Blaketown 29 Jan 2012 17:37:38 4,645 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Top job!

Also, text entry looks fine for me.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Maturin 29 Jan 2012 17:38:59 2,952 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Want another challenge?

Many tablet apps display like this, with threads on the left, content on the right. Do you think something like this would work for the forum?

Here's some screenshots from my tablet:

http://db.tt/xbUredi2

http://db.tt/N5uuQlQv

Edited by Maturin at 17:42:50 29-01-2012
  • Don7 29 Jan 2012 18:08:38 21 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just updated to new version and I must congratulate you on making such a quality app! Love the new theme and scrolling left and right on the bar is just genius. Keep up the good work.
  • freakybun 29 Jan 2012 18:32:58 601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    freakybun wrote:

Update!
    Absolutely superb mate. Fantastic job.

Slight problem. Text entry in the dark theme is almost the same colour as the background. Light grey on white.

Edit: this is in honeycomb and ICS BTW. Hard to see while typing.
    Can you do a screen shot for me? It might be gamma on your display making it hard to read.

I can of course make the text a bit brighter and the background darker.
  • Kosmoz 29 Jan 2012 18:58:06 7,662 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice one Freaky. Have you got a paypal donate thingy sorted yet? I would like to give you a small amount of money for yr work.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Page

of 51 First / Last