Support Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Zombie_Professor 9 Sep 2011 05:13:45 4 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hello, I am Zombie_Professor, a senior member of the Support Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign.

As some of you diehard Resident Evil fans may recall, Resident Evil Outbreak was the very first Resident Evil game designed to allow players to play online together. But much to the disappointment of many players throughout Europe, when the original Resident Evil Outbreak PS2 game was released on September 17th 2004, it came without online functionality. Understandably, players felt angry that Resident Evil Outbreak online play was a North American and Japan only privilege.

But better times were ahead. On August 26th 2005, Capcom released a sequel: Resident Evil Outbreak File 2. This time Capcom got it right and made sure that online gameplay could be enjoyed by everyone. But the exciting online zombie slaying times came to an abrupt end in 2007, when the online server was closed.

It was then that a group of Resident Evil Outbreak supporters decided to work together to create a campaign to support Resident Evil Outbreak. Perhaps some of you have not heard about our campaign, so here is a brief explanation: We are a loyal group of over seven hundred Resident Evil Outbreak fans trying to convince Capcom to port the original Resident Evil Outbreak game and Resident Evil Outbreak File 2 to consoles such as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. We are also asking Capcom to develop a new game in the series - Resident Evil Outbreak File 3.

Our campaign started back in 2007, but we have made a lot of progress since then so let me give you an update: The total number of signatures on our Support Outbreak petition increases every single day. We currently have over 8500 signatures of support from Resident Evil Outbreak fans. We are closer than ever before to achieving our goal of 10,000 signatures. Once we do reach 10,000 signatures, we will be sending the petition to Capcom’s headquarters. Support Outbreak Petition

Our campaign is also scheduled to be featured in a three page article in the December 2011 edition of Resident Evil Zone’s gamer magazine “Evil-Mag.” Resident Evil Zone is Germany’s largest Resident Evil fansite. Our members are inspired by the enthusiastic support shown by the Resident Evil Outbreak fans over at Resident Evil Zone.

We have also created a new and improved official Support Outbreak YouTube page. I invite you to visit it here: Support Outbreak YouTube Page

I also want to invite everyone to visit our blog on our official Support Outbreak website: Support Outbreak Website

If you subscribe to Twitter, you can also follow our new Twitter page: Support Outbreak Twitter Page

With a few more Outbreak fans voicing support for the series, we might just be successful. So if you enjoyed playing Resident Evil Outbreak, please consider signing the petition and joining our discussion on the Capcom forum: Support Outbreak Capcom Forum
  • supermaow 9 Sep 2011 14:40:31 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not this again!
    Capcom isn't going to waste their time on this failure of a sub-series.
  • DaM 9 Sep 2011 15:14:39 12,901 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    " a senior member of the Support Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign."?

Bring on the organ grinder, we're not speaking to the monkey - we want the President of the Campaign.
  • supermaow 9 Sep 2011 15:24:28 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    " a senior member of the Support Resident Evil Outbreak Campaign."?

Bring on the organ grinder, we're not speaking to the monkey - we want the President of the Campaign.

Expect that they're all a bunch of performing chimps. Well no, more like Parakeets. They won't stop squawking about all this "progress" they're making. Progress that means nothing, because Capcom doesn't care. Capcom canceled MML3, a game fans have been waiting well over a decade for. One that was actually in development! What chance does a game that just a small niche group supports, have? Capcom is still swimming through the fallout over MML3. No one expect a tiny group of people, who are extremely out of touch with reality, want Outbreak to come back.
  • President_Weasel 9 Sep 2011 16:06:25 8,980 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    you've been working away at this campaign for 4 years and you have 8500 signatures? All those people had to do was "e-sign" something. Even assuming every single one of them was a real, unique person and not a sock puppet, and even assuming every single one of them bought the game, that's still only 8500 sales.
    An unkind observer might describe 8500 sales across two platforms as "pitifully small". A blunter one might just say "shit".

Consider that most "signatures" for petitions like these are sock puppets or represent two minutes of vague interest from people who have since forgotten all about it or never had any real intention of buying the game in the first place, and you might begin to see why people like you get the itnernet equivalent of rotten fruit thrown at you when you get up on your soapbox and make your speeches.

If you can get 40,000 legally binding commitments to buy the game, countersigned by the local equivalents of notaries public, then perhaps people might take your campaign seriously.

I hate to hurt your feelings like this, no wait, actually I quite enjoy making sour, mean-spirited posts like this.

• Zombie_Professor 9 Sep 2011 20:11:30 4 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone with the least bit of knowledge about the Resident Evil series knows that Resident Evil Outbreak was not a failure. The original Resident Evil Outbreak sold 1.45 million copies on the Playstation 2 earning its spot as number 33 on Capcom's platinum titles list.

Since Outbreak was a Playstation 2 exclusive game, it is important to compare it to other Resident Evil games as a single stand-alone game for a specific console.

Resident Evil Outbreak sold more than Resident Evil Code: Veronica X with 1.4 million on the Playstation 2, Resident Evil with 1.35 million on the Gamecube, Resident Evil 0 with 1.25 million on the Gamecube, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles with 1.20 million on the Wii, Resident Evil DC Dual Shock with 1.2 million on the Playstation, Resident Evil Code: Veronica with 1.14 million on the Dreamcast and Resident Evil Director's Cut with 1.13 million on the Playstation. Source

So my friends, are you still not convinced that Capcom cares about Resident Evil Outbreak? It is a well known fact that many members of Capcom's staff would love to see the Outbreak series revived. Assistant producer of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Mike Ross said in an interview with Playstation Magazine UK "that he was a big fan of Outbreak and even acknowledged that there was a huge support group on Capcom Unity." Capcom producer Rey Jiminez added "that he was also a big fan and added that Outbreak was ahead of its time."
    Source

The bottom line is, Capcom cares about Resident Evil Outbreak and so do its loyal fans.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Sep 2011 20:13:49 37,370 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would sign a petition for Capcom to NOT release another Resi Evil Outbreak.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 9 September 2011 20:16:27
    What? Am outbreak game with today's online structure would be brilliant!
  • psychokitten Moderator 9 Sep 2011 20:16:45 7,794 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a bit, I dunno, arrogant? Big assumption to make? You can't speak for all fans, especially with such a low signature count n the petition.

I'm a loyal RE fangirl, and I don't care about porting Outbreak. I'd rather they focus their attention on a new good game.

A newer version, that I could get behind, but a port? Meh
  • LockeTribal 9 Sep 2011 20:22:41 4,498 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zombie_Professor wrote:

The bottom line is, Capcom cares about Resident Evil Outbreak

But obviously not enough to port it to PS3 and 360.
  • supermaow 9 Sep 2011 22:16:20 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zombie_Professor wrote:
    Anyone with the least bit of knowledge about the Resident Evil series knows that Resident Evil Outbreak was not a failure. The original Resident Evil Outbreak sold 1.45 million copies on the Playstation 2 earning its spot as number 33 on Capcom's platinum titles list.
    Then why is Capcom doing all it can to ignore its existence?
    The Chronicles games sold similar amounts and those are considered failures.

It is a well known fact that many members of Capcom's staff would love to see the Outbreak series revived.
    Then you will have no problem producing a complete list of those many members.
    And just who are these many members? People in the mail room? Shipping clerks? Random assistants to QA executives?

The bottom line is, Capcom cares about Resident Evil Outbreak and so do its loyal fans.

Yeah, they care so much that it was omitted from the "Revival Selection". RE4? Super popular game that people WILL buy over and over. CVX? One of the best in the main series. A guaranteed sell! Outbreak? Not so much.
    And if RE's fans were so keen on it, there would be a universal outcry for it. Not just your little band of niche gamers. Outbreak is bad, "Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop" bad!

I've seen you guys elsewhere. You spout the same info, never anything of consequence. Your proof only ever amounts to meaningless spun numbers, and links to random opinion piece articles. That is ALL your so-called worthless excuse for proof ever amounts to. You have been using the same "proof" for at least two years, and it has gotten you nowhere. You can get twice the signatures to your petition and Capcom is not going to bat an eyelash. You can get ten times the number of youtube supporters by this time tomorrow and it will not matter. A single damn will not be given by Capcom.

The Outbreak support group is too damned dense to get that they literally are the only people care about what is quite possibly the poorest thing to happen to "Resident Evil" since Milla Jovovich. Scratch that. At least she's easy on the eyes.
  • Deleted user 9 September 2011 22:25:22
    I think it is because a lot of people never played it, Network based gaming wasn't that huge on the PS2 and it wasn't available in PAL territory either. Lack of interest doesn't mean it was a shit game, Also it's not like Capcom always make the smartest decisions with their products either, particularly resident evil this generation.
  • supermaow 10 Sep 2011 00:13:44 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AnotherIdiot wrote:
    Lack of interest doesn't mean it was a shit game
    You're right.
    Its many many technical flaws are what made it a shit game. The cult of Outbreak has an excuse for every single one of those flaws too.
  • Zombie_Professor 10 Sep 2011 00:48:56 4 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My apologies, it seems that a couple dark clouds (without silver linings) have followed me here. Unfortunately they have brought with them some showers of pessimism.

But for those of you who do appreciate what our campaign is trying to do, thank you. In the future I would like to keep you guys updated about the progress of our campaign.

Crispy, your positive words are appreciated. You are right, that was a large flaw with Resident Evil Outbreak, it was released when online gaming was in its infancy. If it was released now on current game consoles, it would not be plagued with all of the problems it suffered from initially. Long loading times, online connection problems and choppy/laggy online gameplay would all be fixed. I also think that was the point you were making AnotherIdiot.
  • supermaow 10 Sep 2011 01:14:21 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rain clouds that come and wash away the bullshit.

Zombie_Professor wrote:
    Crispy, your positive words are appreciated. You are right, that was a large flaw with Resident Evil Outbreak, it was released when online gaming was in its infancy.
    Excuses, excuses. Yet games like WoW, Halo, and several others ran just fine during this infancy period.

If it was released now on current game consoles, it would not be plagued with all of the problems it suffered from initially. Long loading times, online connection problems and choppy/laggy online gameplay would all be fixed.
    So, releasing it today would magically fix the shitty AI, bad controls, poor inventory system, annoying repetitive voice samples, and all of the other stuff that having a HDD wouldn't fix? I suppose it would cure all the world's diseases too!
  • neilka 10 Sep 2011 01:20:04 15,667 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd sign a petition for a game based on the film Outbreak. You could have multiplayer modes where one team plays as the monkeys and the other team plays as Dustin Hoffmans (Hoffmen?)
  • supermaow 10 Sep 2011 01:27:06 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    I'd sign a petition for a game based on the film Outbreak. You could have multiplayer modes where one team plays as the monkeys and the other team plays as Dustin Hoffmans (Hoffmen?)
    Lol! The Dustin Hoffmen! I love it. And I could so get into playing as the monkeys, if feces throwing is involved.
  • Feanor 10 Sep 2011 01:46:56 14,061 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good luck. You'll need it.
  • Puppy4David 10 Sep 2011 01:55:25 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Resident Evil Outbreak is a great game. Please come by and shout your support. Really appreciated if your interested in reviving this series.
  • LionheartDJH 10 Sep 2011 07:47:52 19,359 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry to say but you guys have crossed the line that seperates optimism from delusion. 8500 signatures in 4 years? That's pitiful. Bottom line is Capcom don't care, as has already been explained in this thread. They won't revive Outbreak or make a new one, it's gone; game over, case closed. I can't believe anyone would waste their time over the course of 4 years on a campaign to revive an average at best game. Seriously, just play Left 4 Dead or something and don't waste any more of your time on this.

She dives for cheese pasties

• President_Weasel 10 Sep 2011 08:47:56 8,980 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    supermaow wrote:
    Zombie_Professor wrote:
    The Chronicles games sold similar amounts and those are considered failures.

It is a well known fact that many members of Capcom's staff would love to see the Outbreak series revived.
    And just who are these many members? People in the mail room? Shipping clerks? Random assistants to QA executives?

Yeah, they care so much that it was omitted from the "Revival Selection". RE4? Super popular game that people WILL buy over and over. CVX? One of the best in the main series. A guaranteed sell! Outbreak? Not so much.
    And if RE's fans were so keen on it, there would be a universal outcry for it. Not just your little band of niche gamers. Outbreak is bad, "Dead Rising: Chop till you Drop" bad!

I've seen you guys elsewhere. You spout the same info, never anything of consequence. Your proof only ever amounts to meaningless spun numbers, and links to random opinion piece articles. That is ALL your so-called worthless excuse for proof ever amounts to. You have been using the same "proof" for at least two years, and it has gotten you nowhere. You can get twice the signatures to your petition and Capcom is not going to bat an eyelash. You can get ten times the number of youtube supporters by this time tomorrow and it will not matter. A single damn will not be given by Capcom.

The Outbreak support group is too damned dense to get that they literally are the only people care about what is quite possibly the poorest thing to happen to "Resident Evil" since Milla Jovovich. Scratch that. At least she's easy on the eyes.

/applauds
  • Reuc 10 Sep 2011 17:15:06 3 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wow, I can absolutely understand that some of you peeps aren't interested to support this campaign. But to attack it and deny and insult those who want this sub-series to come back is ridiculously arrogant and low.
    Especially Supermaow whose life is apparently so dull that he had to register an account right here just to troll the shit out of it.

President_Weasel wrote:
    you've been working away at this campaign for 4 years and you have 8500 signatures? All those people had to do was "e-sign" something. Even assuming every single one of them was a real, unique person and not a sock puppet, and even assuming every single one of them bought the game, that's still only 8500 sales.
    An unkind observer might describe 8500 sales across two platforms as "pitifully small". A blunter one might just say "shit".

Consider that most "signatures" for petitions like these are sock puppets or represent two minutes of vague interest from people who have since forgotten all about it or never had any real intention of buying the game in the first place, and you might begin to see why people like you get the itnernet equivalent of rotten fruit thrown at you when you get up on your soapbox and make your speeches.

If you can get 40,000 legally binding commitments to buy the game, countersigned by the local equivalents of notaries public, then perhaps people might take your campaign seriously.

I hate to hurt your feelings like this, no wait, actually I quite enjoy making sour, mean-spirited posts like this.

Yeah
    You're talking as if the number of buyers was limited to the numbers of signatories. How much sense is that supposed to make?

Also, there is absolutely no excuses for the trolling Zombie_Professor has been getting here when he was simply asking for help.

supermaow wrote:
    Excuses, excuses. Yet games like WoW, Halo, and several others ran just fine during this infancy period.

Yeah, in case you were living in a cave at that time, online console gaming was in its infancy and consoles like Gamecube and PS2 (on which Outbreak was released) didn't work out as well as the Xbox. I don't even understand why you're mentionning WoW here when it's a PC game.

So, releasing it today would magically fix the shitty AI, bad controls, poor inventory system, annoying repetitive voice samples, and all of the other stuff that having a HDD wouldn't fix? I suppose it would cure all the world's diseases too!

I love how you extrapolate what he just said. He precisely mentionned long loading times, online connection problems and choppy/laggy online gameplay.
    We can concur about the shitty AI which is why Outbreak is more fit for online multiplayer games, the controls are probably the most enhanced of the old school Resident Evil games control so unless you're not a fan of Resident Evil, I don't see how you can consider it bad, same for the inventory system which remain the same as its predecessors. Do you find the voices samples annoying? So sorry to hear that but what makes you think you speak for everybody? Also very mature of you for the joke at the end XD

supermaow wrote:

Quote from Zombie-Professor:

"Assistant producer of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Mike Ross said in an interview with Playstation Magazine UK "that he was a big fan of Outbreak and even acknowledged that there was a huge support group on Capcom Unity." Capcom producer Rey Jiminez added "that he was also a big fan and added that Outbreak was ahead of its time.""

Quote from Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development, Christian Svensson (aka "Sven") :
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27573921/Resident_Evil_Outbreak_a_Low_Priority&post_num=16#495136213

How it was omitted from the Revival Selection? If you're actually talking about the Essential pack, then I'd like to see YOUR proofs that Revival Selection is a port of Essential.

You saw us elsewhere and so? We're simply seeking out help in the most civil way we can and you're nothing but a terrible troll that has seemingly nothing best to do in his life than to insult people and is arrogant enough to think you speak for Capcom and for the fans with your biaised opinions. If Outbreak is the poorest thing that ever happened to RE series then explain why our petition is at the top of Capcom Unity suggestion box since its appearance and why so many RE communities around the web besides our are supportive of our campaing and also why Outbreak is among the most asked sequels by the japanese players? http://www.gamegrep.com/top_list/20127-50_most_wanted_sequels_famitsu_reader_survey/

What's beyond me in all this is that besides your lack of proper back up to your arguments and your rude and trollish tone, the moderators in here seems to support this kind of uncivil behaviour too when Zombie_Professor has made a simple request and is among the people that has had the most appropriate behaviour in a forum here.
    We're really ok with people that don't want to support us and we're a group of fans that are doing what they can to get a new Outbreak developed with our own ways but your trash-talkings have no reason to be in the first place.
  • supermaow 10 Sep 2011 19:22:39 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reuc wrote:
    Yeah
    You're talking as if the number of buyers was limited to the numbers of signatories. How much sense is that supposed to make?
    And you're talking as if every signature is a guaranteed sale.

Yeah, in case you were living in a cave at that time, online console gaming was in its infancy and consoles like Gamecube and PS2 (on which Outbreak was released) didn't work out as well as the Xbox. I don't even understand why you're mentionning WoW here when it's a PC game.
    Because it is relevant. Online gaming worked fine at the start of the century. PS2 even had a series of Online RPG games that functioned just fine. And guess what? The offline modes of Champions of Norrath hadn't any of RE:o's issues.

I love how you extrapolate what he just said. He precisely mentioned long loading times, online connection problems and choppy/laggy online gameplay.
    We can concur about the shitty AI which is why Outbreak is more fit for online multiplayer games
    Its broken. Saying "Well, it was for fit for online multiplayer games!" doesn't change that fact.
    the controls are probably the most enhanced of the old school Resident Evil games control so unless you're not a fan of Resident Evil, I don't see how you can consider it bad, same for the inventory system which remain the same as its predecessors. Do you find the voices samples annoying?
    Because laggy controls = "most enhanced"? Maybe on Bizzaro planet.

So sorry to hear that but what makes you think you speak for everybody?
    Outbreak fans think they speak for all of RE-fandom.

Also very mature of you for the joke at the end XD
    Wasn't joking. Most Outbreak fanatics believe that OB was created by God himself and is the greatest, most perfect thing ever. To quote a random signature from the Outbreak thread at Capcom: "Outbreak is not just a game, its a way of life!" The game is worshiped there. Its a sickness.

Quote from Zombie-Professor:

"Assistant producer of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Mike Ross said in an interview with Playstation Magazine UK "that he was a big fan of Outbreak and even acknowledged that there was a huge support group on Capcom Unity." Capcom producer Rey Jiminez added "that he was also a big fan and added that Outbreak was ahead of its time.""

Quote from Capcom's Vice President of Strategic Planning and Business Development, Christian Svensson (aka "Sven") :
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27573921/Resident_Evil_Outbreak_a_Low_Priority&post_num=16#495136213
    Still waiting on that many, which was mentioned. Many implies several. More than a few, etc.

How it was omitted from the Revival Selection? If you're actually talking about the Essential pack, then I'd like to see YOUR proofs that Revival Selection is a port of Essential.
    The two games getting ported now, are the other games from that collection. Common sense provides the proof.

You saw us elsewhere and so? We're simply seeking out help in the most civil way we can and you're nothing but a terrible troll that has seemingly nothing best to do in his life than to insult people and is arrogant enough to think you speak for Capcom and for the fans with your biaised opinions. If Outbreak is the poorest thing that ever happened to RE series then explain why our petition is at the top of Capcom Unity suggestion box since its appearance and why so many RE communities around the web besides our are supportive of our campaing and also why Outbreak is among the most asked sequels by the japanese players? http://www.gamegrep.com/top_list/20127-50_most_wanted_sequels_famitsu_reader_survey/
    Well you guys think you speak for Capcom and its fanbase. And "reader surverys" are a terrible way to get a feel for the market. Only a complete idiot would use that for evidence. But that is what the bulk of Outbreak's fan base is made of, idiots.
  • LionheartDJH 10 Sep 2011 20:35:57 19,359 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Reuc wrote:
    Wow, I can absolutely understand that some of you peeps aren't interested to support this campaign. But to attack it and deny and insult those who want this sub-series to come back is ridiculously arrogant and low.
    Especially Supermaow whose life is apparently so dull that he had to register an account right here just to troll the shit out of it.

And you and your friends' lives are obviously also so dull that you've also registered accounts on here to come and spout your nonsense to us. I'm not attacking anything, just telling the truth (since when has telling the truth equated to arrogance anyway?), which is that Capcom don't care about this series anymore and will not be remaking it, and certainly not produce a new one. 8500 signatures in 4 years is all the evidence you need to suggest this campaign is a pointless endeavour. I'm trying to help you by making you realise that you are wasting your lives on this for no apparent reason. But if you're happy with that then carry on chief.

She dives for cheese pasties

• uiruki 10 Sep 2011 21:19:37 3,661 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ha ha ha ha what the fuck is wrong with all of you
  • Deleted user 10 September 2011 21:25:07
    Reuc wrote:

I'm not sure you're using the traditional definition of arrogant.
  • Pinky_Floyd 10 Sep 2011 21:25:22 7,424 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some people like a game, so some people set up a petition to see if they could get a remake.  Some of those people came here to see of they could drum up a bit.of support.  Some other people saw this as an opportunity to act all superior and belittle the original groups aspirations, while making themselves look like assholes and making the EG forum look even more unfriendly than it usually is.

Is that a fair summary? :D
  • Reuc 10 Sep 2011 22:47:59 3 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    supermaow wrote:
    And you're talking as if every signature is a guaranteed sale.

Ever seen a Resident Evil console game that sold less than 8000?

Because it is relevant. Online gaming worked fine at the start of the century. PS2 even had a series of Online RPG games that functioned just fine. And guess what? The offline modes of Champions of Norrath hadn't any of RE:o's issues.

Perhaps Online RPG Games functioned just fine, was that the case of every PS2 network game?
    PS2 wasn't originally packed with the online possibility in the first place as opposed to the Xbox (for which you quoted Halo) and it didn't work out as well as planned when implemented later, especially in Europe. Besides, you didn't get to find that many players on the servers.
    (BTW, you're quoting Champions of Norrath which was published by Sony themselves and whose servers are those of Sony. http://www.soe.com/en/sonyonline/)
    And even if Resident Evil Outbreak had a bad network code compared to other games that went on the PS2, what makes you think or how can you be so sure it'd be working as bad on the last generation of consoles if there would be either a port or a new game?

Its broken. Saying "Well, it was for fit for online multiplayer games!" doesn't change that fact.

And?
    Again, he precisely mentioned long loading times, online connection problems and choppy/laggy online gameplay which is what a port would be likely to fix.
    And if we talk about a new Outbreak game built from sratch, most of the flaws quoted can fixed in that case (if the programming is done right of course).

Because laggy controls = "most enhanced"? Maybe on Bizzaro planet.
    Perhaps you're mentionning the slow pace of the game because the controls are responsive just fine to me, not to the point of considering it laggy but I agree this one is a matter of opinion (because I didn't read much about unresponsive controls on the reviews). By enhanced controls, I was talking about the gameplay which proposed more things to do than its predecessors.

Outbreak fans think they speak for all of RE-fandom.

Outbreak fans speak for Outbreak fans, however you:

The Outbreak support group is too damned dense to get that they literally are the only people care about what is quite possibly the poorest thing to happen to "Resident Evil" since Milla Jovovich.

you, on the other hand, think you speak for all of RE-fandom, stop mixing the roles up.

Wasn't joking. Most Outbreak fanatics believe that OB was created by God himself and is the greatest, most perfect thing ever. To quote a random signature from the Outbreak thread at Capcom: "Outbreak is not just a game, its a way of life!" The game is worshiped there. Its a sickness.

Absolute bullshit, we just consider Outbreak as one of our favourites games that deserve another chance, simple as that. I can't believe your interpretation of things is so incredinbly biaised that you consider us fanatics and go to the point of comparing it to religion, this is ridiculous. Fanatics deny any flaw in what they worship. We on the other hand have always recognized the flaws most of people criticized, most notably the online code, the loading times and the lack of better communication ways.

Still waiting on that many, which was mentioned. Many implies several. More than a few, etc.

We already gave you examples, you can't expect us to give you a number coz there is no way to know unless one of us would be working in Capcom but we already gave proofs there that there are several people from Capcom who are on our side, words from Sven. Take his words for what they are worth and stop playing with the word "many" and back up what you say.

The two games getting ported now, are the other games from that collection. Common sense provides the proof.

Absolutely not, I'm still waiting on your proof that Revival Selection is a port of the Essential Pack.
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 4 already had many ports on their own, Code Veronica being ported to the PS2 before Outbreak even was developed and REsident Evil 4 being ported to PC, PS2 and Wii. Capcom just reiterated with both of them for the PS3 and Xbox360.

Well you guys think you speak for Capcom and its fanbase. And "reader surverys" are a terrible way to get a feel for the market. Only a complete idiot would use that for evidence. But that is what the bulk of Outbreak's fan base is made of, idiots.

No we don't, we simply showed proofs that many members of Capcom have tried to bring Outbreak back as stated by Sven and we speak for the Resident Evil Outbreak fanbase. You say "reader surveys" are a terrible way to get a feel for the market when many companies, Capcom included, ask feedbacks from their fans so we provide them. We're not idiots, we're just using the ways we can to bring this up to Capcom, however modest is our place of fan compared to professionals of the video games. You, on the other way, are just a hateful troll that has nothign else to to than throwing shit at the work of others, comfortably sit on your backseat. We at least are trying to make it possible. No one is forcing you to support it, nor does it force you to be such an ass.

LionheartDJH wrote:
    And you and your friends' lives are obviously also so dull that you've also registered accounts on here to come and spout your nonsense to us. I'm not attacking anything, just telling the truth (since when has telling the truth equated to arrogance anyway?), which is that Capcom don't care about this series anymore and will not be remaking it, and certainly not produce a new one. 8500 signatures in 4 years is all the evidence you need to suggest this campaign is a pointless endeavour. I'm trying to help you by making you realise that you are wasting your lives on this for no apparent reason. But if you're happy with that then carry on chief.

We simply registered here to reach to those that could be interested by our campaign, simple as that. Also, reread what was said above about the Capcom not caring anymore part and for the last part of your post, we're not spending 24h/24 on this, are you crazy or what? We have lives and play many other games besides Outbreak, thank you very much.
    We're fully aware we don't have a lot of chances of having our goal happening but it's not impossible.
    Capcom boards are simply among our favorite forums to check out regularly, as everyone else do when they have a favourite group of discussion.
    BTW, I never said telling the truth equated to arrogance but insulting the others and speaking in a "I know all, I says the truth and speak for Capcom and the RE fanbase" like supermaow did is indeed arrogant. And HE registered just for that.
  • Reuc 10 Sep 2011 22:51:32 3 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Some people like a game, so some people set up a petition to see if they could get a remake.  Some of those people came here to see of they could drum up a bit.of support.  Some other people saw this as an opportunity to act all superior and belittle the original groups aspirations, while making themselves look like assholes and making the EG forum look even more unfriendly than it usually is.

Is that a fair summary? :D

Pretty much. The need of some people to belittle the others and act like ass is indeed quite uncalled for.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous