A Good Day To Die Hard Page 2

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• tuff 2 Sep 2011 17:43:57 628 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Right, I'm going to say it.

Over the 4 films, they have been one of the the highest quality franchises.

I really don't understand the hate for 2. I think it's a quality film. If you don't watch it immediately after 1 :D
  • Khanivor 2 Sep 2011 17:44:55 41,106 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Never realised that was your site.

Can I has your GI Joe's when you move on? I'll come get them, no shipping required.

Failing that, wanna buy my USS Flagg?

Yeah, that's my site (hence the pimping...!)

How much for the Flagg?

Oh, I dunno, I've carted it across the Atlantic so many times it's probably got more nautical miles under its belt then many real warships :D

I'll drag out all my Joe stuff from the basement one day and take some pics for ya.
  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 17:47:24 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    iokthemonkey wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Never realised that was your site.

Can I has your GI Joe's when you move on? I'll come get them, no shipping required.

Failing that, wanna buy my USS Flagg?

Yeah, that's my site (hence the pimping...!)

How much for the Flagg?

Oh, I dunno, I've carted it across the Atlantic so many times it's probably got more nautical miles under its belt then many real warships :D

I'll drag out all my Joe stuff from the basement one day and take some pics for ya.

Haha! Yeah, my Microman collection has probably toured the world...

That would be very good to see. I don't have many group shots of my GI Joes, as they're not really that well displayed (and the vehicles are all on a shelf in the closet, as I have nowhere to display them!)

http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

• Khanivor 2 Sep 2011 17:55:40 41,106 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got a bunch of Joes from the early to late 80s. They have all been played with pretty damn hard but I have most of the pieces. The Flagg is missing a few of the small connectors and stuff but is mostly there. Takes up a lot of fucking space :D
  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 20:14:42 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    I've got a bunch of Joes from the early to late 80s. They have all been played with pretty damn hard but I have most of the pieces. The Flagg is missing a few of the small connectors and stuff but is mostly there. Takes up a lot of fucking space :D

Yeah, I didn't have Joes growing up but I've seen the Flagg - Hasbro had everybody excited at SDCC as they had it as their Joe centre-piece. And then had to add a note saying this was a vintage one, wasn't for sale and they didn't plan on re-releasing it...

• DFawkes 2 Sep 2011 20:19:19 23,784 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well this thread took an odd (yet pleasant) turn. I thought I could join in but I checked and I seem to have binned all my stuff :(

Also, to me Bruce Willis IS Die Hard, without him don't bother.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 2 September 2011 20:30:08
    I found Die Hard 4 to be an ok film, there are rumours they are going worldwide for this one.
  • Khanivor 2 Sep 2011 20:41:06 41,106 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mine is from '85. I have the whole thing in a giant duffle. I'll see about hauling it out of the basement and putting it together. Maybe tomo while the gf is at work; I'm sure she'd be thrilled to see that taking up a quarter of the living room ;)
  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 20:57:51 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Mine is from '85. I have the whole thing in a giant duffle. I'll see about hauling it out of the basement and putting it together. Maybe tomo while the gf is at work; I'm sure she'd be thrilled to see that taking up a quarter of the living room ;)

Hehe! Well, don't worry yourself about it if it's a hassle. Chances are I probably can't afford it anyway, given we've just paid a shitload for some car repairs and stuff.

• iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 20:58:52 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Well this thread took an odd (yet pleasant) turn. I thought I could join in but I checked and I seem to have binned all my stuff :(

Also, to me Bruce Willis IS Die Hard, without him don't bother.

Haha! Yeah, well I've only been buying Joes for the last six or so months, so mine are all modern ones (which are ace, BTW.)

And yeah, I can see that but I'd rather see a reboot than watch him piss all over his legacy.

• Deleted user 2 September 2011 21:13:02
    A reboot of a series of films that are essentially about a policeman that stops terrorists because he's in the wrong place a lot doesn't need a reboot (or sequels TBH).

Die Hard is the character and the personality so if it is ever anyone else for the role then they may as well just make a different series of films. The name isn't going to give them much of a marketing benefit without Willis.
  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 21:48:12 4,664 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    A reboot of a series of films that are essentially about a policeman that stops terrorists because he's in the wrong place a lot doesn't need a reboot (or sequels TBH).

Die Hard is the character and the personality so if it is ever anyone else for the role then they may as well just make a different series of films. The name isn't going to give them much of a marketing benefit without Willis.

I know that. You know that. Every sane person knows that. But we're talking about Hollywood execs...

• Skynet 4 Sep 2011 01:01:28 170 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    2's not a bad film "How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?" :D

I'd still rate them:

• MrSensible 4 Sep 2011 01:02:58 25,294 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Skynet wrote:
    2's not a bad film "How can the same shit happen to the same guy twice?" :D

I'd still rate them:

My thoughts exactly and also how I'd rate them. I actually quite enjoy the fourth film as well tbh - it's still a lot better than most of what comes out today.
  • ecu 4 Sep 2011 01:07:19 77,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think most people would rate them the same, but 4 wasn't bad at all. I actually quite enjoyed it, and I haven't even seen it uncensored yet.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2011 01:26:56
    2 is alright but lacks a decent bad guy.
  • Khanivor 4 Sep 2011 02:40:54 41,106 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    4 would be fucking piss-weak as a movie regardless of the name of the central character and the title.
  • gammonbanter 4 Sep 2011 02:46:39 1,516 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Agreed.

"Too bad Mclane, I kinda like" the first 3.

• bad09 4 Sep 2011 12:10:19 6,206 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    2 is alright but lacks a decent bad guy.

This is true. Sadler is good as always as Stuart and is pretty menacing at first but with Espranza and then Grant thrown in he kind of fizzles out as a main villian. Not helped of course that he's coming after Alan Rickman who was amazing as charming and frightening Gruber, even Jeremy Irons couldn't beat him as a villian.
  • LFMartins 12 Oct 2011 18:28:37 5,704 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems that someone from Fox confirmed today on a radio show that the title for this is "A Good Day To Die Hard" and the plot is John McClane going to Russia to find John McClane Jr. .
    Horrible name for a movie...
  • ecu 12 Oct 2011 18:31:11 77,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not a great name, but I do appreciate the different names, instead of just slapping a number on the end.
  • Articulate-Troll 12 Oct 2011 18:42:04 3,101 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds like the title for a Bond film, as does having him travel to Russia incidentally.
  • Deleted user 12 October 2011 18:50:41
    The title sounds like he's going to go save Worf from something.
  • el_pollo_diablo 12 Oct 2011 19:44:01 2,136 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A good day to diet hard more like.
  • neilka 12 Oct 2011 19:50:10 16,464 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope it's a musical and that's the title of the opening number.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Scurrminator 12 Oct 2011 19:58:59 8,458 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The uncut version of 4 is far superior to the shitty normal edition

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• CosmicFuzz 12 Oct 2011 19:59:59 25,304 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:

The title sounds like he's going to go save Worf from something.

:D

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• El_MUERkO 12 Oct 2011 20:21:46 17,126 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A Good Day to Die Hard

Shooting begins in January 2012

The sequel will be released on February 14th, 2013 (Presidents Day weekend), the day before Valentine’s Day.

The story is set in Russia and will involve John McClane’s adventure to save his son John McClane, Jr., McClane, Jr. has yet to be cast.

They still don’t know if it will be rated PG-13 or R.

John Moore (Max Payne, The Omen, Behind Enemy Lines) was chosen by Willis to direct.

Skip Woods (Swordfish, Hitman, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, A-Team) wrote the screenplay.

Stupid title aside, why are Fox such fucking tools!

Russia? Really?!
  • Deleted user 12 October 2011 21:12:24
    jablonski wrote:
    2 is great.

No idea where this Harlin bashing bandwagon has come from in the last few years.
    Everyone seems to be on it

2 is utter shite as they tamed the violence and there are hardly any decent action sequences.
  • Page

of 10 First / Last