A Good Day To Die Hard Page 10

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 11:41:04 592 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i think this thread is inextricably linked to Star Trek seeing as the title of the new Die Hard film is Klingon.
  • Scurrminator 18 Feb 2013 11:49:51 8,459 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    I don't want to rant about Star Trek here, it's a Die Hard thread. But I think it's actually quite a relevant film to bring into the discussion as both of the new films (ST/DH) miss the mark in the same way.

It's the fact that they're not interested about anything other than being stupid dumb action pictures. They both have a complete lack of ambition.

And despite the fact they have way more 'action' than their originals, they are both insufferably dull compared to them. If everything is blowing up all the time there is no tension. The Pixes didn't play LOUD LOUD LOUD
    This is so wrong on the wrong-o-meter it's off the scale.
    Star Trek is in no way an action flick. The film is a good two hours long and the set piece sequences actually fill up very little of the run time.
    Star Trek is a reboot done well. A good die to die hard is a cash in that I happened to enjoy.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• RichieTenenbaum 18 Feb 2013 12:09:40 2,226 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Both were digitally projected. Coincidence?
  • glaeken 18 Feb 2013 12:13:57 11,238 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well going on the trailer those CGI Hind's sure look cool destroying the CGI buildings. CGI Bruce Willis jumping through that CGI window are also another high light.
  • beastmaster 18 Feb 2013 12:19:23 11,803 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If there's another one, then it'll be the good 'non bald' years vs the crap 'bald years'.

Not saying badlies are crap. Just these new Die Hard films.

You never know, he may get David Fincher to dierct the next one and set in a single location.

"It's Die Hard, in a building!"

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 12:31:39 592 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @glaeken

that's why i like Tom Cruise. does his own stunts and loves sci fi.

he's exactly how i'd imagine 6' 5" 18 stone Jack Reacher to be.
  • ScoutTech 18 Feb 2013 13:07:22 2,425 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    he's exactly how i'd imagine 6' 5" 18 stone Jack Reacher to be.
    Don't get me started on this.... Grrrr
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 13:15:19 592 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jack Reacher should not need heels to be taller then the leading lady in every scene they share
  • GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 14:12:38 3,825 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like Rosamund Pike
  • President_Weasel 18 Feb 2013 14:16:24 9,602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The second and fourth Die Hard films were also shit. Therefore, statistically, with the addition of this latest pile of toss, Die Hard films are shit.

I suppose they figured that the fourth one had already taken a big shit on whatever legacy the series had, so they might was well phone in a half-arsed cash in.
  • glaeken 18 Feb 2013 14:22:01 11,238 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a soft spot for the second one. I know it's not as good as the first but I still enjoy it. I also think the 3rd one had its moments.

I actually think the first 3 films are works of genius compared with 4 though. I can remember scenes from all of the first 3 films. What I remember from 4 is a CGI F-22.
  • Lukus 18 Feb 2013 14:26:15 19,361 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The next one really should go back to the more realistic approach of the first one. Padded cell, Bruce Willis in a straight jacket, rocking back and forth, whispering "no more bloodshed... no more bloodshed" over and over.

Paintings & Photographs

• GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 14:35:37 3,825 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like the 2nd one it just annoys me when he walks into a room filled with armed cops and shoots the chief of police with a machine gun and nobody shoots back
    I like the 3rd one it just annoys me when he's in the pipe and the water floods it shoots out right next to Samuel L Jackson stuck in a traffic Jam
    I like the 4th one it just annoys me with some of the unrealistic, Hacker shit, the hamster bloke, the fact that all communications get cut off yet suddenly the operator in the car can clearly talk to them and start the car for them.
    The 5th one didn't seem to have a standout jaring moment of stupidity like them the closest for me is the Radiation I mentioned before

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 14:36:54 18-02-2013
  • Ziz0u 18 Feb 2013 15:34:58 8,588 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    and i'm defending the spelling of honour :-P
    Capital letters can get fucked though, right? ;)
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 16:22:32 592 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ZizouFC

hell yeah. i can't typed 2 handed. i'm a fingerer.
  • BillMurray 26 Jun 2013 13:36:01 7,865 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just started watching this. Has john McClane gone a bit mental? Ploughing through Moscow, shouting at everyone, driving a jeep over peoples cars, trapping/crushing them inside. He's finally got to the point where he actually thinks he's invincible and believes his own hype.
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Jun 2013 13:40:08 3,397 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is this film out to rent yet?

I havent noticed any advertising anywhere.........

Nope. No advertising at all...........

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• BillMurray 26 Jun 2013 13:41:58 7,865 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In a month or something i think. I'm pirating the shit out of it.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 13:43:18
    I actually forgot I saw this.
  • TarickStonefire 26 Jun 2013 13:43:55 3,332 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    The second and fourth Die Hard films were also shit. Therefore, statistically, with the addition of this latest pile of toss, Die Hard films are shit.
    I love the 2nd (and 3rd). Sure, they get progressively less surprising and wonderful, but they're great films in their own right. I think the 2nd is one of the great action films of that era.

The 4th was utterly terrible, and is the big reason I probably won't ever watch this one - well that and the general consensus about it.

Die Hard 1 was one of the greatest films of all time, of course so no sequel can hope to match it.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Next