A Good Day To Die Hard

  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

    Previous
  • iokthemonkey 1 Sep 2011 15:58:12 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    John McClane, Jr Rumoured to Appear.

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • Khanivor 1 Sep 2011 16:05:45 41,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, I just can't wait for this.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Sep 2011 16:06:51 25,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yippee Ki Yay mother fucker!!

    Yippe Ki Yay son. Yippee Ki Yay.

    Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

  • Razz 1 Sep 2011 16:07:00 61,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yippy hi-fuck it.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • CosmicFuzz 1 Sep 2011 16:08:07 25,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Four was ok. Better than it could have been. And way better than Indy.

    Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

  • Deleted user 1 September 2011 16:10:09
    It's got Oscar-winner written all over it.
  • Spanky 1 Sep 2011 16:11:21 14,611 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh i was gonna get right cunty about this blog pimping shenanigans... then i found your micronauts stuff. \o/

    Plubs

  • PearOfAnguish 1 Sep 2011 16:12:39 7,501 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beaten Justin Lin, Nicolas Refn and Joe Cornish

    I would very much like to see a Joe Cornish Die Hard movie.
  • iokthemonkey 1 Sep 2011 16:13:45 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, no doubt it'll be a PG-rated movie, too and McClane's new catchphrase of ''Yippee Ki Yay, Buddy!'' will be all over the associated plush toy line.

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • iokthemonkey 1 Sep 2011 16:14:27 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    beaten Justin Lin, Nicolas Refn and Joe Cornish

    I would very much like to see a Joe Cornish Die Hard movie.

    Supposedly Attack The Block has impressed a lot of people in Hollywood...

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • iokthemonkey 1 Sep 2011 16:23:13 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Oh i was gonna get right cunty about this blog pimping shenanigans... then i found your micronauts stuff. \o/

    I started my blog to be about Microman/Micronauts (and a few other toys) but expanded to cover movies and TV and other related-stuff.

    Browse away though - there's a fair old whack of Micro-stuff there.

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • LFMartins 1 Sep 2011 18:06:47 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It´s going to be comedy, Michael Cera will play John McClane Jr, a clumsy guy who tries to be a cop just like his dad.
  • oceanmotion 1 Sep 2011 18:11:04 16,129 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did he always have a son or have they just pulled that our their arses?
  • LFMartins 1 Sep 2011 18:13:25 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He has a son and a daughter.
  • MrSensible 1 Sep 2011 18:14:33 25,397 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The daughter should be passed the torch, that'd be a bit different...

    ... that is, if you absolutely insist on the stupid idea of passing the torch on in the first place.
  • oceanmotion 1 Sep 2011 18:16:57 16,129 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Okay. I was trying to think back to Die Hard when the media go to their home, wasn't sure if it was just the daughter on screen.
  • Pac-man-ate-my-wife 1 Sep 2011 19:16:13 7,022 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well all the Die Hard sequels have been great (except for 2, with a vengeance and 4.0) so I'm psyched for this!
  • AlcohollicA 1 Sep 2011 19:24:17 2,357 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Please not Shia LaCuntface. Don't want him ruining yet another loved franchise.

    /is ignoring DH4 exists so that franchise is still not ruined.
  • Khanivor 1 Sep 2011 19:35:26 41,298 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never realised that was your site.

    Can I has your GI Joe's when you move on? I'll come get them, no shipping required.

    Failing that, wanna buy my USS Flagg?
  • El_MUERkO 1 Sep 2011 22:06:47 17,152 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've never been a huge fan of 2, the ending of 3 was massively anticlimactic and 4 was nerfed for kiddies (no blood, no rude words) and had a dumb premise. I actually liked Justin Long in 4, I thought he was a good foil to McClane and reinforced the 'anyone can be a hero' ethos of the films. I hope 5 is good but looking at the director's previous work I don't have much hope.
  • beastmaster 1 Sep 2011 22:13:52 12,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, I'm going to say it.

    Over the 4 films, they have been one of the the highest quality franchises.

    I really don't understand the hate for 2. I think it's a quality film. If you don't watch it immediately after 1 :D

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • bad09 1 Sep 2011 23:17:17 6,256 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Right, I'm going to say it.

    Over the 4 films, they have been one of the the highest quality franchises.

    I really don't understand the hate for 2. I think it's a quality film. If you don't watch it immediately after 1 :D

    Problem with Die Harder is they went big and over top with it. 1 was a gritty action movie with a cop isolated in the wrong place and wrong time improvising and surviving with no back up, then 2 does the same thing but switches to mercenaries crashing planes while trying to free a drug lord/dicator, snow mobile chases and jumping on planes. It was just a bit too much IMO. Fun don't get me wrong but not really the same gritty style as Die Hard.

    Vengance brought it back down to earth into the land of fairly believable (and was helped a great deal by the wonderful chemistry of the Willis/Jackson team up) and 4 was just bloody awful, can't say I'm up for another....but talking about the movies makes me want to watch 1-3 again, Yippee Ki Yay mother fucker!!!
  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 16:57:40 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Never realised that was your site.

    Can I has your GI Joe's when you move on? I'll come get them, no shipping required.

    Failing that, wanna buy my USS Flagg?

    Yeah, that's my site (hence the pimping...!)

    How much for the Flagg?

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • iokthemonkey 2 Sep 2011 16:58:33 4,664 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Agreed - I could watch the first three repeatedly and find it much more enjoyable than most franchises.

    Four was shit though.

    http://that-figures.blogspot.com/

  • President_Weasel 2 Sep 2011 17:03:02 9,683 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Right, I'm going to say it.

    Over the 4 films, they have been one of the the highest quality franchises.

    I really don't understand the hate for 2. I think it's a quality film. If you don't watch it immediately after 1 :D

    Problem with Die Harder is they went big and over top with it. 1 was a gritty action movie with a cop isolated in the wrong place and wrong time improvising and surviving with no back up, then 2 does the same thing but switches to mercenaries crashing planes while trying to free a drug lord/dicator, snow mobile chases and jumping on planes. It was just a bit too much IMO. Fun don't get me wrong but not really the same gritty style as Die Hard.

    Vengance brought it back down to earth into the land of fairly believable (and was helped a great deal by the wonderful chemistry of the Willis/Jackson team up) and 4 was just bloody awful, can't say I'm up for another....but talking about the movies makes me want to watch 1-3 again, Yippee Ki Yay mother fucker!!!

    4 never happened, just like there wasn't a 4th Indiana Jones movie.

    2 was directed by Renny Harlin, the man with the reverse midas touch, and it was pish. Not the worst film ever made, but a waste of a Die Hard film and easily the worst in the history of the franchise (since as we all know there was never a 4th one). Die Hard with a Vengeance wasn't called Die Hard 3 so they wouldn't have to acknowledge the Harlin one had ever taken place.
  • Fake_Blood 2 Sep 2011 17:04:25 4,468 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    4 is alright if you don't overthink it, 2 is still my favorite though.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2011 17:06:51
    Be interesting to see how Vengeance would have worked as Lethal Weapon 4. Does make you wonder how many scripts got bandied around as other franchises first. Wasn't Time Cop originally supposed to be Demolition Man 2 or something?
  • jablonski 2 Sep 2011 17:27:18 4,970 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    2 is great.

    No idea where this Harlin bashing bandwagon has come from in the last few years.
    Everyone seems to be on it
  • Deleted user 2 September 2011 17:40:03
    LFMartins wrote:
    He has a son and a daughter.

    Wasn't she pink hair out of Scott Pilgrim vs the world?
  • Page

    of 10 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply