Corpse Party Page 3

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Cheapshot 19 Dec 2011 22:10:46 162 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The alternative ending on chapter 5 is certainly *ahem* interesting...

Playing this game at 3am in pitch dark is not advised; it got to the point where my eyes were darting around the room in a state of mad paranoia.

I could not put this beast down until I witnessed every ending. This is probably my GOTY in a quite a poor year for interesting games, frankly.
  • Oh-Bollox 19 Dec 2011 23:15:20 5,164 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing it late on a night, I keep lowering the PSP to look at my bedroom door, make sure it's not inching open. :-/
  • HiddenAway 20 Dec 2011 10:32:23 14,856 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No need for a thread yet so I'll just stick this in here:

Corpse Party 2U is being developed (the 3rd game in the series)

Before anyone asks, Book of Shadows is the second game...

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Ranger_Ryu 20 Dec 2011 14:15:22 1,024 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    well got to chapter 2 and I'm loving it got 3 wrong ends so far which are all quite unsettling especially the one each from chapter 1 and 2 (try and guess which ones :p)
  • HiddenAway 20 Dec 2011 22:58:14 14,856 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Playing it late on a night, I keep lowering the PSP to look at my bedroom door, make sure it's not inching open. :-/
    Mine does that anyway :p.

I haven't played this since I got that ending (caught by the ghost in the infirmary). It's still in my mind ;_;

• Kay 20 Dec 2011 23:13:33 17,761 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I quite fancy trying this game, is it short and sweet? And worth playing, I take it?

Edited by Kay at 23:14:03 20-12-2011
  • HiddenAway 20 Dec 2011 23:25:42 14,856 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Each chapter can be tackled in short bursts and (from what I know), save points are in abundance - or you can do a suspend save if needed.

It's worth it for the audio and something fresh. Head/earphones are an absolute must for this game - mainly for the simulated surround sound effect.

If you're very good, I believe the game can be conquered in a day - by which time, I'll have to send the psychologist out to you just to double check you're not about to do something out in the wild :)

Some more info for you

Edited by HiddenAway at 23:31:56 20-12-2011

• Ranger_Ryu 21 Dec 2011 01:15:14 1,024 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Oh-Bollox wrote:
    Mine does that anyway :p.

I haven't played this since I got that ending (caught by the ghost in the infirmary). It's still in my mind ;_;
    The other wrong end in chapter 1 is quite frankly worse than that :p
  • RyanDS 22 Dec 2011 11:36:53 9,061 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whoa.  i swear that there was a face in the hair cupboard.  but then i looked again and nothing... Freaking me out.  not as freaked as the "my ass is dry bit though."
  • Murbal 22 Dec 2011 11:44:18 21,924 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Going to download this tonight. Along with 'where is my heart' and possibly something else...
  • consignia 22 Dec 2011 12:37:25 1,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I absolutely love the atmosphere of this game. The creepiness really comes over well despite the limited graphics. The sound direction should be praised in that respect.

The only thing that irritates me is easy it is to die in certain bits, and how long the subsequent "wrong end" sequences take to complete.

Apart from that, it's easily the most spooked out I've been by a game in years. Top notch.
  • Deleted user 22 December 2011 13:03:53
    Murbal wrote:
    Going to download this tonight. Along with 'where is my heart' and possibly something else...
    Two great choices
  • Paulie_P 23 Dec 2011 14:10:28 411 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In chapter 3, What to the 3 fliers say when you put them together? I think if you fit them in a certain way, it says something about the music room and I think the word 'Search' is in there somewhere. I passed the chapter now but it annoys be not working that out fully!
  • consignia 23 Dec 2011 15:48:57 1,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished it, loved it, and boy is it depressing. It is funny that the scariest part of the game isn't anything to do with supernatural, but when you are playing as Yuka being chased by the psychopath. "Run, Rabbit, Run" indeed.

Edited by consignia at 15:49:26 23-12-2011
  • Deleted user 30 December 2011 15:51:56
    Well it looks like the iphone is really starting to make headway in Japan.

Corpse Party is being ported over:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/30/corpse-party-repeats-fear-on-iphone/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

And so is Trails in the Sky!
  • FanBoysSuck 3 Jan 2012 11:10:26 1,448 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I finally got to the proper end to chapter 1. While I'm really enjoying the story and the scares I'm put off a bit by the structure. I got the ending with the ghost catching you. That's a fair one, you fail to get away, you get ectoplasmed. The other ending though? No matter what I did after getting away from the ghost it always ended up with the second bad ending. I read an faq and followed the last few steps and still got the same bad ending. I then started the chapter again and followed the guide step by step. As far as I could tell I did everything the same except for opening the door in the girls toilet. After sitting through unskipable dialogue and beating the boss for the 6th time, I got an extra scene then ended up at the toilets again. Low and behold the same stuff happens but the girl doesn't get killed by ghosts this time for some reason.

Is this a one off thing or are the rest of the chapters like this? While I want the scares from playing it blind, I don't want to be in the same bloody situation again!

For the emperor!

• santashi 3 Jan 2012 12:15:41 5,049 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck I think the thing that stops you getting the proper ending is if you don't go and look in the creppy room and read the newspaper article early on in the chapter like Seiko wants. I was kind of in the opposite position - I got the proper end first time round and couldn't work out how to get the second wrong end for a while. :) Anyway, in answer to your question, in the other chapters I don't remember there being such a big gap between doing something that will net you a wrong end and the wrong end itself, with the possible exception of the last chapter, but it's more obvious what would be a good/bad thing to do in that instance. I hope that's not so ambiguous that it doesn't make sense! Definitely don't be put off-it's a great little game.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Paulie_P 3 Jan 2012 12:25:05 411 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck I got stuck on the first chapter too with that ending and had to look up a faq like yourself to see what I missed. I didn't get stuck like that for the rest of the game as missing something just stopped the story from progressing until you found it instead of killing you.
  • FanBoysSuck 3 Jan 2012 12:33:07 1,448 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah that's great news, thanks for replies guys!

I'll get back to this tonight :D

For the emperor!

• jonsaan 3 Jan 2012 14:56:24 25,326 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's slightly pervy too. Dry bum holes and the like.

FCUTA!

• santashi 3 Jan 2012 15:06:06 5,049 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jonsaan I think the scariest part of the entire game for me was: 'Actually big brother, I'm in love with you! And on that bombshell, I'll die.'

...Actually, why did all the female characters in the game fancy Satoshi?

Seriously though, the most oh-crap-noooo moment for me was probably panic-flipping the switch for the pool. Sorry about that, Ayumi. Very nasty, especially since I didn't see it coming.

• FanBoysSuck 3 Jan 2012 15:14:11 1,448 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    It's slightly pervy too. Dry bum holes and the like.
    I though that was one of the scariest bits. She didn't wash her hands!

Edited by FanBoysSuck at 15:14:44 03-01-2012

For the emperor!

• santashi 3 Jan 2012 19:43:14 5,049 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't really get why they had that in it. It seemed really odd. Maybe one of the people working on the game has that problem and wanted to share?...

• Deleted user 3 January 2012 20:35:38
    Well, Wyrdwad/Tom at Xseed responded to this question:

Butter up my pooper? What's the more literal translation of what was said in japanese? I'm very curious. haha.

His answer:

Literally, she's saying, like, "I'm gonna go rub it on real quick." But since this is Seiko we're talking about, there was a sense of crassness and lack of shame that didn't really come across in a straight translation, so I figured I'd "Seiko it up a notch." ;)

So I think a few liberties were taken there, as usual from him...
  • Paulie_P 3 Jan 2012 22:35:58 411 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Porco I think I love Seiko!
  • dominalien 4 Jan 2012 23:24:29 6,835 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    In chapter 3, What to the 3 fliers say when you put them together? I think if you fit them in a certain way, it says something about the music room and I think the word 'Search' is in there somewhere. I passed the chapter now but it annoys be not working that out fully!
    If, after reading all three messages, you go back to the one by the entrance and the candle, the full message is revealed.

It says: SEARCH DESK IN MUSIC ROOM. RIGHT SIDE BY THE WINDOWS. SECOND DESK FROM THE BACK. I suppose you must have done this to complete the chapter (still to finish it myself), since that's the desk you get the Blessed Shoes from

PSN: DonOsito

• Flying_Pig 5 Jan 2012 09:31:32 10,687 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gonna have to pick this up, once I've finished TitS
  • Murbal 5 Jan 2012 11:26:57 21,924 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EDGE review
  • HiddenAway 5 Jan 2012 11:42:09 14,856 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm shocked that they even reviewed it - unlike some site we're posting in -_-

Also didn't mention anything about using headphones for the added sound features...

• Deleted user 5 January 2012 12:22:07
    Yeah, bit of a surprise that, never thought Edge would review a game like this. They didn't even review Tactics Ogre, or most of the PSP games that came out last year.

I think EG have completely given up on the PSP
  • Page

of 5 First / Last