Persona 4 Golden Page 31

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Deleted user 15 June 2013 15:50:13
    Was just looking for this thread. I'm about 50 hours in (Just in the dungeon to save Naoto) and I've just lost all motivation. I haven't played it in ages and forced myself yesterday to carry on. I was really enjoying it and then all of a sudden I just, stopped having fun. Am I near the end as I'm determined to finish it as I have enjoyed it so far.
  • santashi 15 Jun 2013 16:41:29 5,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yes, pretty near. Hope you enjoy the ending, at any rate. :)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• jonsaan 22 Jun 2013 20:31:03 25,326 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK. So I'm about 27 hours in now.

I think I fucking hate it, but still I keep playing.

It's hugely annoying when you get stuck on a boss. It feels very linear at those points. Like there's just one way to crack a nut.

If this hadn't have cost me 35 quid it would have been deleted long ago.

But it does have a certain je ne sais quoi that's for sure.

There's no way it's the best game on vita though. certainly not in my opinion. It's far too rigid and linear for that.

FCUTA!

• RyanDS 10 Jul 2013 18:45:54 9,070 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Any tips for someone just starting?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 10 Jul 2013 18:51:04 3,122 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RyanDS Don't make any real world commitments...
  • Zackv4861 10 Jul 2013 18:52:24 1,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RyanDS honestly just enjoy it. Do dungeons in one day and play through as you like
  • danathjo 10 Jul 2013 18:57:30 7,244 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yep, avoid walk throughs and just play
  • santashi 10 Jul 2013 19:00:49 5,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Agreed! I would also go with what Zack says though, and try to complete the dungeon parts as quickly as possible in order to free up time for other activities. Although that might just be because the other activities were my favourite part of the game. :p

• HiddenAway 10 Jul 2013 19:14:37 14,859 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    yep, avoid walk throughs and just play
    This.

(at least for the first playthrough)

Oh, and it does start fairly slow. It opens up once you're allowed to decide what to do.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Deleted user 10 July 2013 19:22:19
    Yeah do dungeons ASAP. Means you can actually enjoy the social stuff as opposed to stressing about it all the time. Like me.
  • RyanDS 10 Jul 2013 20:12:49 9,070 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So if I am in a dungeon, with the boss on the other side of a door, but I am low on health etc, what do I do? What happens if I return to entrance etc?
  • HiddenAway 10 Jul 2013 20:16:19 14,859 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you use a GoHo M item, you'll be allowed to return to the highest floor you reached from your last trip. So if you're at the boss door, and you want to save, exit the dungeon, do any preparations you need, then return to the entrance and you'll be given the option to "continue from x floor".

You can even exit the TV world and you'll be able to continue where you left off the next time you enter (bear in mind that exiting the dungeon will advance the timer to Evening)

• TheMayorOfJugs 10 Jul 2013 20:25:49 3,122 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    If you use a GoHo M item, you'll be allowed to return to the highest floor you reached from your last trip. So if you're at the boss door, and you want to save, exit the dungeon, do any preparations you need, then return to the entrance and you'll be given the option to "continue from x floor".

You can even exit the TV world and you'll be able to continue where you left off the next time you enter (bear in mind that exiting the dungeon will advance the timer to Evening)
    That pun was bear-y subtle :-D
  • RyanDS 10 Jul 2013 20:30:24 9,070 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers. I am trying not to advance time as that is the one thing everyone suggests.
  • HiddenAway 10 Jul 2013 20:42:01 14,859 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would say the first 2 dungeons aren't critical to get in one day because newer players tend to be aggressive and use up their SP before they get to the end, leaving them underpowered for the final section.

As the game progresses, you should be able to find a way to reduce those trips to 1 (that's the only hint you're getting ;))

• santashi 10 Jul 2013 22:41:02 5,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    I would say the first 2 dungeons aren't critical to get in one day because newer players tend to be aggressive and use up their SP before they get to the end, leaving them underpowered for the final section.

As the game progresses, you should be able to find a way to reduce those trips to 1 (that's the only hint you're getting ;))
    I hope he isn't foxed by that clue. Sorry!

• RyanDS 11 Jul 2013 20:06:32 9,070 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Erm... I think I have owned it 26 hours and my game save says 15 hours played.

Still have no clue what to do though.

Just beat the gay shadow but honestly don't have a clue what I should be doing. Each day I can study / excecise / read / cook / work / hang out with 2 different people and I have no clue which one I should be doing. I just seem to choose at random.

Also I keep seeing mention of fishing, and I read a book about it, but have no idea where to even start on that.

Edited by RyanDS at 20:07:05 11-07-2013
  • HiddenAway 11 Jul 2013 23:07:06 14,859 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    TheMayorOfJugs wrote:
    Erm... I think I have owned it 26 hours and my game save says 15 hours played.

Still have no clue what to do though.

Just beat the gay shadow but honestly don't have a clue what I should be doing. Each day I can study / excecise / read / cook / work / hang out with 2 different people and I have no clue which one I should be doing. I just seem to choose at random.

Also I keep seeing mention of fishing, and I read a book about it, but have no idea where to even start on that.
    If you're thinking of getting the platinum trophy, your knowledge/expression/courage etc stats would be my top priority - as that carries over into your next playthrough.

As for the fishing... have you got a bug/bread crumbs? If so, try talking to a few people at night - though not your social links

• Deleted user 15 July 2013 09:54:03
    Just completed it and not sure about the ending. But without thinking I went and saved over my last save after the credits /o\

It was very abrupt. Nanako lives, I let Namatame go, and then at the end I kinda just get on a train and fuck off. Is this the good or bad ending?!
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 09:56:27
    Looking back on the thread it looks like I got the bad ending but I'm a spaz so can't redo it. :(
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 10:02:02
    FUCKS SAKE, just read about it some more and I have got an awful ending. What a shit way to finish a 60+ hour journey! Usually I'm happy with getting the ending my choices led me to but this is ridiculously unsatisfying.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 15 Jul 2013 10:04:37 3,122 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @mowgli Just watch the extended one on youtube if you're not bothered...... You're missing a nice boss fight though
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 10:09:50
    Very annoying considering after Namatame's shadow I've maxed my team and got some awesome new skills which I wanted to test out. Gutted. My stomach sank when I clicked save over my last save after the credits. Just wasn't thinking.
  • Ashleyfiddes 15 Jul 2013 10:15:19 980 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i want to go on record and say that i completely disagree with everyone who said dont use a walk through first time,obviously dont use it for the most part but there is two very tricky parts that require a walk through the hospital questioning is the major one to get right otherwise you miss the last dungeon and end up with a bad ending

Mowgli, this was a lesson i first learnt on FF7 when i saved over my last save file to far from sephiroth with no way of purchasing more healing items. Every time i reached him i would end up with 10% health left and would be slaughtered
  • Humperfunk 15 Jul 2013 11:05:37 1,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    General rule of thumb for me with JRPGs - have 3-5 save files on the go and rotate saving.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 15 July 2013 11:27:08
    I had a couple save files for this exact reason but got lazy with rotating. My last save is about 15 hours previous.
  • HiddenAway 15 Jul 2013 12:21:16 14,859 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    FUCKS SAKE, just read about it some more and I have got an awful ending. What a shit way to finish a 60+ hour journey! Usually I'm happy with getting the ending my choices led me to but this is ridiculously unsatisfying.
    From the description you gave me, you got the "unresolved but normal" ending. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the bad ending when Nanako actually dies?

The thought of getting the bad ending was too distressing to even think of watching on YouTube.

Edited by HiddenAway at 12:21:40 15-07-2013

• Feanor 15 Jul 2013 15:21:35 14,066 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    That's the really bad ending, yup. Persona 4 Golden also has a new bad ending that's extra creepy.
  • Deleted user 15 July 2013 17:30:45
    Fuck sake. I'm going to have to redo the last 15 hours. I was getting quite bored with it (not a criticism, nothing holds my attention for 60 hours) so wanted it to end. Now I'm pissed that it did!
  • TheMightyRose 1 Aug 2013 15:30:35 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Mighty Rose
    "Yo Senpai! Are you busy just now?"

/ The Mighty Rose would like to hang out with you.

Since you have Chockies the Cat of the Moggiephant Arcana you two should get along well.

/Would you like to hang out with Tim Rose?

/ Yes.

/ You decide to hang out with The Mighty Rose!

The Mighty Rose
    "Nice one son. Let's go for a curry I'm buying."

Some time later...........................................

The Mighty Rose
    "The penitent man should do a forward roll. That is what the clue should have been Senpai. Anyway enough about movies."

/ You listened to The Mighty Rose and think you understand him better.
    Your expression, understanding, diligence and courage have all significantly increased!

The Mighty Rose
    "Thanks for being there for me Senpai. Here I want you to have this."

/The Mighty Rose gives you 'Sticky Loins' an erotic story book.

The Mighty Rose
    "I won the first of my many Golden Dong awards for that book. Treasure it. I better get going now. See you later Senpai."

/ It is getting late so you say goodbye to Tim Rose and head home.

Guys!!

I got the platinum!

It's easy when you know how. He he. Took me three playthroughs in total but I certainly got my moneys worth out of it. Great game when it got going and well worth the investment I think. As for the secret boss in the dungeons well the Blue Oyster Cult had him pegged all right. Twelve times I kicked his chain rattling butt. Having a large stock of Homunculus probably helped though.

For people playing this for the first time do not do the dungeons on the first day but wait until the first rainy day as most of the social links cannot be advanced on these days. The dungeon also near the end of the year should be left until the last few days otherwise certain days will be skipped which will cause problems to those who are trying to max out the social links. I never wasted a single day on this game in terms of working on the social links and only just maxed them all out (bar a special one) on 29 Jan in the game.
  • Page

of 36 First / Last