Persona 4 Golden Page 30

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Aretak 20 May 2013 12:37:26 10,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    P3P is mainly easier because you have full control of your party, but the game's still balanced around you having to deal with occasionally-questionable AI companions. FES is the only way to play Persona 3 IMO. The sacrifices made in P3P really hurt the story and atmosphere of the game, which are two of its strongest qualities (I'd say it even beats out Persona 4 in that respect). It's worth playing after FES to see the female MC's story if you really want more Persona 3 at that point, but it's not the right way to experience the game first time around.
  • Zizoo 20 May 2013 12:46:54 8,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You have full control of your party in P4 (in Golden at least?). I agree with everything else you said though. If I wasn't so far in P3P I would try get my hands on a copy of FES.
  • hypoBla5t 20 May 2013 12:47:58 1,385 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Man, I'm really loving P3P, it's my first persona too. If people are not liking it this much I can't wait to play P4G!!
  • Zizoo 20 May 2013 12:51:01 8,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It is great, but finish P3P before even looking at P4G! :)
  • Spectral 20 May 2013 12:51:30 4,977 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Aretak Like I said I haven't played the psp version so could be wrong but I'm sure I've read that you can explore the tower for much longer at a time in the PSP version than you can on PS2. Making it much easier to reach the barrier with plenty of time to spare.
  • Aretak 20 May 2013 14:21:50 10,350 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Spectral The tiredness system was also tweaked, yes. You no longer get tired whilst still inside Tartarus, so your teammates won't leave and go back to the dorm if you return to the entrance. Fatigue only kicks in the next day once you leave and sleep. The fatigue system as it is in P3/FES really isn't an issue beyond the first couple of months though. I never had a problem reaching the barrier in Tartarus during one or two visits a month during my max social link run.

Plus your teammates won't abandon you on the night before the full moon anyway, and your fatigue status is reset to normal for the day itself, so doing all your grinding the day before a full moon is also viable. Additionally, you can also fool the system entirely by sending your teammates into battle and then heading up some stairs. They'll go back to the entrance, but won't leave even if they're tired.

ZizouFC wrote:
    You have full control of your party in P4 (in Golden at least?). I agree with everything else you said though. If I wasn't so far in P3P I would try get my hands on a copy of FES.
    I know. What I'm saying is that Persona 4 is balanced around the idea of you having full control of everyone, whereas Persona 3 isn't, and the fact they didn't rebalance P3P to account for you having full control makes it significantly easier than P3/FES. No more Mitsuru spamming Marin Karin instead of healing or Yukari using her single-target heals all the time when everyone is half dead.

Edited by Aretak at 14:25:38 20-05-2013
  • danathjo 24 May 2013 20:41:39 7,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Everyday's great at your Junes

love this game, not a huge amount of action 10 hours in but can't stop playing it
  • Deleted user 24 May 2013 20:54:23
    I've really enjoyed this but the game has slowed down a lot after the boy gets arrested for confessing to murders, I imagine this isn't the end but at the moment it's gone from consuming my free time to barely being touched this whole week.
  • FanBoysSuck 24 May 2013 22:01:34 1,466 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:

I've really enjoyed this but the game has slowed down a lot after the SPOILER I imagine this isn't the end but at the moment it's gone from consuming my free time to barely being touched this whole week.
    It's just a lul, keep going!

Edited by FanBoysSuck at 22:13:55 24-05-2013

For the emperor!

• Doggypup 24 May 2013 22:02:26 165 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My new favourite game!
  • danathjo 24 May 2013 22:08:40 7,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck AAARRRGGHHH fix your spoiler quote :(
  • FanBoysSuck 24 May 2013 22:13:02 1,466 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After clocking this at 108 hours and 7 minutes I immediately went and bough the first two boxes of the anime on Blu ray as well as picking up arena on PS3.

I'm putting this up there on my best games ever list. I haven't fallen in love with a game and it's characters like this since clocking Dragon Age:origins.

For the emperor!

• RunningMan 24 May 2013 22:15:00 2,391 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Must buy persona arena. Loved that game even more than psp3. Just hope more is in the pipeline.
  • FanBoysSuck 24 May 2013 22:15:07 1,466 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    @FanBoysSuck AAARRRGGHHH fix your spoiler quote
    Sorry! It's the phone app being shit. Fuck really really sorry!

For the emperor!

• danathjo 24 May 2013 22:18:35 7,309 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cool, was an accident
  • dudewheresmybrain 1 Jun 2013 22:33:38 660 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Loving the game so far although found the castle boss quite tough. I was only level 9 and read online 15 was about right for that boss... So how do I level outside of the main dungeon quests? Just go back and redo them on odd days or try to do a few floors a day when the next one appears?
  • Zackv4861 2 Jun 2013 07:51:17 1,084 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You'll want to do the whole dungeon in one day so you can use all the other days to do social links etc. Make sure you're using SOS as you'll be able to stay in the dundeons a little longer.

If you currently have no SP (or whatever it's called) and no items to restore it. This early in the game you may have to leave then come back or if you can beat floor one easily you can restore you SP with SOS a little bit each fight
  • dudewheresmybrain 2 Jun 2013 08:46:07 660 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, what's SOS? I've literally just met the fox so hopefully he can help with the SP side.

I managed to do the castle in one day, but was a bit confused as to if I'm supposed to level in between the kidnappings or if I should purely focus on social and school
  • Zackv4861 2 Jun 2013 11:58:29 1,084 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SOS it's the online thing in the top right corner of the screen(need an internet connection) it's very small amounts restored but in later dungeons i always returned to Yukiko's castles first floor using SOS one hit kill everything to restore my SP.

You can buy some water from a vending machine too to help you. There shouldn't be antly need to go in a dungeon more than once in terms of levelling or completeing the main story (you can complete them twice for additional items)

To be honest the game is just great fun and i'd just say play it without a guide and just enjoy the ride playing how you see fit.
  • Nemesis 2 Jun 2013 11:59:39 18,603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Everyday's great at your Junes

love this game, not a huge amount of action 10 hours in but can't stop playing it
    / sings along
  • HiddenAway 3 Jun 2013 06:59:51 14,872 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dudewheresmybrain Once you've rescued the person trapped in the TV, use the time as you need. I'd advise concentrating on your social links after the rescue and if you need to train, do a run just before the fog sets in.

Don't overdo it though. Assuming you're playing on normal, the fights aren't too bad as long as you can keep your SP in check. Be warned that the fox will be prohibitively expensive as well (until certain conditions are met).

I do advise playing without a guide the first time. Much more fun that way.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• brn 10 Jun 2013 09:34:27 230 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ok, so the game just suddenly ended for me at 65hrs. I'm guessing I got a bad ending. Which really sucks considering I had saved everyone so far and my social linking was going well. Suddenly the game skipped all through Decemeber-March and the town is shrouded in fog and everyone acted like robots. I have no idea what I did wrong and I don't really feel like starting over... Really soured the experience for me :(
  • santashi 10 Jun 2013 09:39:10 5,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @brn You don't have to start from the beginning. Just load up your last save and make different choices in that scene that comes after the last savepoint.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• brn 10 Jun 2013 10:16:22 230 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi mind telling what choices? i've redone it 4 times now exploring a whole bunch of options, and aside from nanako remaining dead in one of them, they all end with a foggy town. i just can't watch nanako dying over and over like this :cry:
  • santashi 10 Jun 2013 10:20:26 5,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @brn Nicked off a website called Gamer Syndrome (never actually heard of it before!) as I finished it in January and I can't honestly remember the options offhand:

Wait a second here…
    We’re missing something.
    Namatame’s true feelings.
    Something’s been bothering me.
    We’re missing something.
    Calm the hell down!

• brn 10 Jun 2013 10:25:05 230 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @santashi thanks man, turns out I almost chose the right answers the first time then!

Edited by brn at 10:25:20 10-06-2013
  • santashi 10 Jun 2013 10:54:18 5,085 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No problem! I picked the wrong ones first time round, too. :) Hopefully you don't feel quite so sour about it any more, as the rest of the game is really very good.

• brn 10 Jun 2013 10:56:11 230 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, no hard feelings :D
  • Zackv4861 10 Jun 2013 17:39:19 1,084 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lol i got the bad ending first time round i was so bummed out!!

Glad i re-did it though felt so much better
  • HiddenAway 15 Jun 2013 15:46:16 14,872 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm here to report that I finally finished the game after err 100 hours :p.

I didn't remember half of the stuff that actually happened at the end of the game. That said, I loved the ending so much :). If time was infinite, I'd probably play again now!

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Page

of 37 First / Last