of 37 First / Last

• Zackv4861 5 Apr 2013 06:25:41 1,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well done.
  • elvenscroll 6 Apr 2013 15:11:42 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just destroyed Shadow Naoto. I was quite surprised how easy that one was, considering the game boss.

Can anybody tell me if you are ever forced to change party members? It occurs to me I've not changed from the original team and the others are starting to massively fall behind level wise Kanji for example is level 25, my main character is now level 57.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• santashi 6 Apr 2013 18:35:10 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not really, but some characters are obviously more appropriate for some enemies/bosses than others.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• OmniaVincitAmor 6 Apr 2013 18:48:56 1,557 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Just destroyed Shadow Naoto. I was quite surprised how easy that one was, considering the game boss.

Can anybody tell me if you are ever forced to change party members? It occurs to me I've not changed from the original team and the others are starting to massively fall behind level wise Kanji for example is level 25, my main character is now level 57.
    Why the fuck wouldn't you have super K? Maniac.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• elvenscroll 6 Apr 2013 20:52:27 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @OmniaVincitAmor

I did consider switching him in, but I couldn't decide who to drop. So I didn't bother.

Edited by elvenscroll at 20:52:53 06-04-2013

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Zackv4861 6 Apr 2013 23:52:18 1,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My team was always MC Yukiko, Chie and Kanji. Which was fine until i came across sonething wind based. I never changed them though. I could'nt stand Teddy Naoto camw in a little late for me by then so that's hiw it was.
  • TheMightyRose 15 Apr 2013 14:52:49 174 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    92 hours into this and I am now like Neil Buchanan on Art Attack: Kicking ass in style!

My team is me (Top hat and cape), Yukiko (in her witch costume), Kanji (drag outfit) and Chie (Bruce Lee Game of Death outfit)and I am going through the shadows like one of my friend Banjat Shagdeep's curries.

The dungeons are getting to be a bit of a grind and those minotaurs are a pain in me tush but it is addictive and I am trying to find the secret monster that hides in the chests. I think I will finish this and then play some other things but then come back and get the platinum on it. A great game like this deserves to be platted.

Kanji has to be my favourite character by far. Here is just a few of his great lines:

"Quit talking shit and let the girl go!"
    "Who are you two dipshits?!"
    "Man I have had it with these exams. It's time for some animal crackers."
    "Damn, you messed with the bull, you get the horns!"
    Whilst standing in front of the whole school dressed in drag "Sup."

Quick question where do you get goldfish from? The woman in the shrine keeps asking but I have no answers. Are they obtained by fishing per chance or can I get them from another character?

Edited by TheMightyRose at 14:53:41 15-04-2013
  • Zackv4861 15 Apr 2013 18:16:55 1,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fish for them in the river with i believe breaadcrumbs
  • elvenscroll 15 Apr 2013 19:10:01 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got the bad ending. :( I reloaded, tried again and ended up pursuing Adachi into another Dungeon. Now, I may have over levelled but nothing in that dungeon was that much of an issue, including the final (?) boss.

That retro game boss was the hardest by far for me.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• santashi 15 Apr 2013 19:23:25 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @elvenscroll Your question mark is quite right. :p Sounds like you might be a bit over levelled if you found the boss a breeze, but then I was often lazily underleveled. :)

• elvenscroll 15 Apr 2013 22:49:57 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @elvenscroll Your question mark is quite right. :p Sounds like you might be a bit over levelled if you found the boss a breeze, but then I was often lazily underleveled. :)
    Level 77 and done first try. So I'm not sure. :/

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• santashi 16 Apr 2013 00:29:52 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Guess you found it then! You did that pretty zippily. :p Congrats! Can't remember levels, though, to be honest.

Edit: Actually, maybe you were just referring to the second half of my comment? I'm confusing myself. ;) Either way, congratulations are still in order for how far you've got.

Edited by santashi at 00:32:24 16-04-2013

• elvenscroll 16 Apr 2013 07:39:31 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Guess you found it then! You did that pretty zippily. :p Congrats! Can't remember levels, though, to be honest.

Edit: Actually, maybe you were just referring to the second half of my comment? I'm confusing myself. ;) Either way, congratulations are still in order for how far you've got.
    I was indeed referring to the second half of your comment. Thanks though! :) I'm currently waiting for Margaret to find Marie so I can bring her back.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Pazie 16 Apr 2013 09:32:57 231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still haven't worked out how to go fishing in this game yet, and I'm already 27 hours in.
  • elvenscroll 16 Apr 2013 13:08:05 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pazie wrote:
    I still haven't worked out how to go fishing in this game yet, and I'm already 27 hours in.
    :) Answer in spoiler tags for those that don't want to know.From what I remember you need to give a kid at the shrine a can of drink (he will tell you which we wants). He then gives you a bug. Give that to the woman in the item shop (at night). She gives you the hook. Give that to the old guy at the river and he gives you a fishing rod.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Pazie 16 Apr 2013 17:07:54 231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @elvenscroll Thanks!
  • Jubs95 16 Apr 2013 20:55:59 65 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have never actually played an RPG like P4, just wondering if it is a good place to start as it looks like a really good game?
  • Pazie 16 Apr 2013 22:55:10 231 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jubs95 This is my first time I have played a Persona game, and I am loving it. Give it a go.
  • Jubs95 16 Apr 2013 22:57:34 65 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Pazie Right, thank you! I shall definitely be giving it a go then. It looks like a game I would enjoy.
  • johnson81 16 Apr 2013 23:23:11 383 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bought P3P for the Vita a few months ago but it's just not gripping me. I've probably played about 10-15 hours but I just can't get into it. I ordered Persona 4 from Play-Asia for 18 (which was a bargain) due to the fab reviews but is the game similar to P3P?

Edit: I know it's gonna be similar due to being in the same franchise, but is it the same progression as P3P? Wall of text, making friends, Tartarus, repeat?

Edited by johnson81 at 23:26:44 16-04-2013
  • elvenscroll 17 Apr 2013 21:33:55 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    johnson81 wrote:
    I bought P3P for the Vita a few months ago but it's just not gripping me. I've probably played about 10-15 hours but I just can't get into it. I ordered Persona 4 from Play-Asia for 18 (which was a bargain) due to the fab reviews but is the game similar to P3P?

Edit: I know it's gonna be similar due to being in the same franchise, but is it the same progression as P3P? Wall of text, making friends, Tartarus, repeat?
    I bought P3P based on how similar it apparently is to 4, which is my first Persona game. You basically have a monthly dungeon and the rest of the time is building social links with your friends/family. So it certainly sounds very similar.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 22:28:11
    elvenscroll wrote:
    johnson81 wrote:

I bought P3P based on how similar it apparently is to 4, which is my first Persona game. You basically have a monthly dungeon and the rest of the time is building social links with your friends/family. So it certainly sounds very similar.
    See this right here sounds like the worst fucking thing ever. Utterly horrid notion for a video game and is the main reason I'm put off seeing what all the fuss is about. I hate the thought of the school setting, and doing all these social quests and maintaining relationships - it actually fills me with dread in a game. But it is regarded so highly I feel I have to buy it.
  • elvenscroll 17 Apr 2013 22:46:38 1,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:
    johnson81 wrote:

See this right here sounds like the worst fucking thing ever. Utterly horrid notion for a video game and is the main reason I'm put off seeing what all the fuss is about. I hate the thought of the school setting, and doing all these social quests and maintaining relationships - it actually fills me with dread in a game. But it is regarded so highly I feel I have to buy it.
    What I like is that you are free to ignore certain people/activities should you choose to. You don't have to talk to people everyday, and your relationship won't suffer if you ignore them completely.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• FanBoysSuck 19 Apr 2013 10:53:12 1,527 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think anyone's enjoyment of this game will come down to whether they like the story and setting. I've found myself genuinely attached to some of the characters after 65 hours and concentrated on building up their links. Others I despise and have ignored almost completely. If someone was to hate the whole school setting it just may not be for them, although I'd say still give it a go once it goes cheap.

Hell even the persona fusion aspect can mostly be ignored, I've only performed enough to get the persona I wanted with a few choice skills and most likely won't touch fusion again. It doesn't help that ultimate fusions are not explained despite having unlocked 5 of them. That and screw Margret's fusion tasks! My experience of the game is literally go around and build links/enjoy story->unlock new dungeon->exit on first floor and clear last dungeon + new boss->clear new dungeon->back to story. Zero grinding required so far, which is another major plus.

This game is seriously the best traditional JRPG I've played in over a decade.

For the emperor!

• Humperfunk 19 Apr 2013 10:56:27 2,289 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm going to go for my third playthrough soon, still some social links I haven't touched yet...!

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• Zackv4861 19 Apr 2013 11:25:53 1,100 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Third playthrough!!! You must've kicked some hours into this then. I'm going to start my second playthough after i'm done with Okami.
  • TheMightyRose 19 Apr 2013 13:04:10 174 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm still on my first playthrough and am trying to find that hidden monster. The Mighty Rose heard some chains rattling but when he went to another floor the sound stopped.

Also I received Coronet Armour from the lady teacher but I cannot find it anywhere in my inventory. What and where is it?
  • FanBoysSuck 19 Apr 2013 15:41:17 1,527 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    I'm still on my first playthrough and am trying to find that hidden monster. The Mighty Rose heard some chains rattling but when he went to another floor the sound stopped.

Also I received Coronet Armour from the lady teacher but I cannot find it anywhere in my inventory. What and where is it?
    Careful what you wish for, I found a reaper by accident (level 50ish) and it one shoted my whole party!

For the emperor!

• santashi 19 Apr 2013 15:54:56 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    If you hear that sound then the Reaper should appear in the next chest you open on that floor. You'll know you've got the right one because the game will ask you if you really, really want to open it. :p

• Page

of 37 First / Last