Persona 4 Golden Page 23

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• Zackv4861 6 Mar 2013 18:07:10 1,102 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @themightrose from the southern part of the highstreet the vendin machine at the top end sells tap soda for 170Yen i think they replenish once a week but are cheap. I use them to gain SP in dungeons.

Also you connected online. Use SOS it'll save MP. I get a good return rate

Edited by Zackv4861 at 18:29:58 06-03-2013
  • Gregolution 6 Mar 2013 19:21:40 3,574 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Jazzassin wrote:
    Could / would I like this game even if I'm not too fond of JRPGs (I am fond of many things Japanese though) or turn-based battles?

Ie. is this a "Great game" or a "Great JRPG"?

Just got a Vita, and although I do have my hands full of "free" Ps+ games, I'm always interested in plain good games.
    Well I was in the same boat. Never liked any jrpg but this is the one that finally got me on board. It's very hard not to like this game

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• FanBoysSuck 7 Mar 2013 15:37:54 1,531 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hey I've got (what's probably a bit of a stupid) question. I want to do a bit of levelling so I can try out fusions. How do I got about grinding? Start a dungeon and stay on one floor? Or is there somewhere else to do it? I'm spending all my time making social links and I've got a feeling I could do with actually getting my levels up.

For the emperor!

• wizardofoz85 7 Mar 2013 16:27:48 313 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck I usually entered during rainy days, there seem to be more golden hands then. Get yourself a card sweep going and keep going.
    Your persona will level pretty quick that way, which is more important for your stats. I think your character level only changes your HP/SP.

edit: didn't notice the fusion aspect. The same applies, just try and fight as many golden hands as possible and get the extra exp from cards

Edited by wizardofoz85 at 16:29:27 07-03-2013
  • elstoof 7 Mar 2013 16:50:21 7,805 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Stock up on go-homes and keep climbing the dungeons, restarting as many times as you dare.
  • HiddenAway 7 Mar 2013 16:51:41 14,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck Personally, I just start from floor 1 and make a run to the top. Don't grind too much though. Some personas are hidden until you have the correct S.Link level so upgrading early may not be as advantageous as you think.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• FanBoysSuck 7 Mar 2013 16:56:31 1,531 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wicked, thanks for the advice guys! Sounds like it was just the social link guide I was reading making me panic a bit.

Home time now and 20 awesome minutes with this on the train!

For the emperor!

• Gregolution 7 Mar 2013 17:11:49 3,574 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've not really found too much need to grind in this game. I hate grinding. The social levels you get are worth so much free xp in your fusions, there's no need to spend time killing boring mobs. Just plan your time well and then enjoy the dungeons when you actually have to go in them.

The only time I go into a dungeon that I've already cleared is if there are items I need in there for a quest.

• FanBoysSuck 7 Mar 2013 18:29:27 1,531 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah one last thing : I've got to a day where I can do a few social events but they all say that you feel your social link won't grow. Is this a good point to do the dungeon? Does it make a difference when I clear the dungeon ie skipping the story forward and missing our on events?

For the emperor!

• Zackv4861 7 Mar 2013 18:52:00 1,102 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I find it takes two social activities to rank up. One says feels like it may soon grow then another ranks up next one feels like it may grow next rank up. If you get me. Think it takes two to rank up
  • HiddenAway 7 Mar 2013 19:23:28 14,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you choose the correct answers (based on the number of music notes you see generally), you're more likely to get close enough to rank up the next time as well as your current turn.

• FanBoysSuck 8 Mar 2013 12:01:57 1,531 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice, thanks again. I chose to go into the dungeon in the end. Nothing too strenuous so far, bring on the boss!

For the emperor!

• TheMightyRose 8 Mar 2013 12:54:44 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @elstoof

Thankfully this thread seems to be generally full of good eggs who are friendly and constructive towards others and who seem to, like me, really love this game. Threads like these are what make EG still worthwhile.

@Zackv4861

Thanks for that Zack. I also have discovered that growing tomatoes helps with this as well. Also, I now have a persona that has Invigorate 2 which restores SP each turn. As for the SOS I use that all the time and some of the messages I have read in the Rescue log are genius. My favourite so far was the one that said "Igor is totally doing Margaret!" which I have saved. He He.

@wizardofoz85.

How do you keep a card sweep going? Of late The Mighty Rose always seems to end up with just 1 move during the selection process at the end where earlier in the game I was able to pick up all the cards. Also is there a trick to hitting those golden hands and stopping them from escaping?

@TheMightyRose

Bro I love your stuff!

Now for some general stuff that Tim Rose has noticed whilst playing:

Playing on hard really was not the best idea I have ever had as so far in every boss fight I am just scraping through by the seat of my underpants.

I only recently discovered that you can have four people in a party. Whoops! I had been going through the dungeons with just three. On the plus side I did get more EXP from doing that.

That song that plays during school sounds like the female singer is saying titty. Every time Tim Rose hears it he (me!)thinks of boobs.

That fox really is a money grabbing little bugger. 22,000+ yen to get healed? When is this discount, that you are supposed to get from helping him with errands, going to kick in? I kind of wish he was a proper party member as I remember the dog from Persona 3 which kicked serious butt in that game.

What's with the Tofu shop and Liquor store? Can you ever buy anything from them? Some of the bosses and dungeons really make me want to have a drink.

Having previously played all the ps2 persona games I still have to check what each spell does as I can never remember. Dekaja, Rakunda, Klaatu Barada Nikto etc. Is there anyone on here who knows what they are instantly?

Oh and 25+ hours in I am still really enjoying this. I am still not sure if this or LBP Vita is my favourite game on it but both are worth buying a Vita for.
  • Murbs 8 Mar 2013 13:17:55 22,420 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TheMightyRose

Tim. Mr R. Whatever TheMightyRose is calling you these days. Do you have anything at all (*anything*) to do with user Eckyboy or the Polish sausage magnate MrObycyek? Be honest now.

I'd thought about it before, then the other day you mentioned RAW DANGER and my suspicions were AROUSED.

If I'm well off base and these names mean nothing to you then I apologise ;-)
  • wizardofoz85 8 Mar 2013 13:33:29 313 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheMightyRose I found near the beginning the only way to consistently beat the golden hands was to buy a whole load of the attack items from the shop before going into the TV. They're guaranteed hits of 50hp each.

It's an initial cost to you but when you start beating the hands with them you more than earn your money back.

Until I levelled up my team they just missed and the hands escaped too much and after I did this for a while I was able to power up my persona's enough to hit the hands and go for the critical hits.

The right moves also help. I managed to get a "rainy day" skill on my main persona at the time which seemed to critical a lot.

Once you get through to the second or third dungeon, you start to get cards like 1/2 exp and 1/2 money which give you 2 more turns, then some with 3-4 more turns. It usually means taking a hit on that battle but you definitely have a card shuffle the nex turn and you start off with 3 turns in that one.
    I found that it worked out for me in the end with a persona with 99 stats pretty much halfway through the game.

With the fox when you get it to rank 10 the healing doesn't cost anything at all, but by the time I'd done that I had some pretty good healing/sp recovery skills on my personas.

For the moves, go into the persona page in the menu and press square, it'll show you what the move does and if you're OCD you can rearrange them. It also works during a battle or when it comes time to change a skill on level up.

I sunk 94 hours into my first playthrough and got every trophy except ones that you can only get on a second playthrough and Hardcore Risette Fan.
    Now I have Ni No Kuni on the way, Tactics Ogre, and Final Fantasy Tactics all to play before I can bring myself to another run through.

Edited by wizardofoz85 at 13:36:28 08-03-2013
  • TheMightyRose 8 Mar 2013 13:58:29 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Murbal

My Psn ID is in fact MrObycyek. What are the chances?

Just don't ask me what happened to me old pal Bujinjai. It is a very sad story Murbal the gerbil son to be sureski.

@wizardofoz85

Thanks for this information. I will be sure to put it to good use in the game.
  • Murbs 8 Mar 2013 14:23:30 22,420 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Knew it ;-)
  • Zackv4861 8 Mar 2013 19:10:35 1,102 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I gave in and got the soundtrack to this. I'm whistling, humming and generally making noises to the tunes so i may as well have the real thing.
  • santashi 8 Mar 2013 19:35:03 5,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I still have the soundtrack that came free with the first release. :p

Edited by santashi at 19:36:12 08-03-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 8 Mar 2013 19:41:15 14,930 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still have New Days as my ringtone :p

• Zackv4861 8 Mar 2013 19:49:03 1,102 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    I still have New Days as my ringtone :p
    Ahhh ringtones!! You've given me all sorts of ideas now.
  • elvenscroll 8 Mar 2013 19:52:47 1,420 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    I gave in and got the soundtrack to this. I'm whistling, humming and generally making noises to the tunes so i may as well have the real thing.
    I considered getting it myself but I can't find a version with more than 15 tracks. :/

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Jazzassin 8 Mar 2013 19:58:35 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Jazzassin wrote:
    Could / would I like this game even if I'm not too fond of JRPGs (I am fond of many things Japanese though) or turn-based battles?

Ie. is this a "Great game" or a "Great JRPG"?

Just got a Vita, and although I do have my hands full of "free" Ps+ games, I'm always interested in plain good games.
    Well I was in the same boat. Never liked any jrpg but this is the one that finally got me on board. It's very hard not to like this game
    Thanks! Guess it's time to buy just... one... more... game.
  • santashi 8 Mar 2013 20:03:13 5,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    I considered getting it myself but I can't find a version with more than 15 tracks. :/
    I remember reading something about a new album which has some of the Golden (and Arena) tracks on it as well. Maybe it was iTunes only?

Edit: If you can live wuthout the new Golden tracks this P4 soundtrack has 52 tracks: here.

Edited by santashi at 20:15:46 08-03-2013

• elvenscroll 8 Mar 2013 22:35:13 1,420 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Zackv4861 wrote:
    I remember reading something about a new album which has some of the Golden (and Arena) tracks on it as well. Maybe it was iTunes only?

Edit: If you can live wuthout the new Golden tracks this P4 soundtrack has 52 tracks: here.
    \o/ Thanks dude. The song that gets stuck in my head every damn time is the one that play when you go into the tv and are outside a dungeon. Don't recall a bad track yet though.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• santashi 8 Mar 2013 23:09:23 5,167 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Junes jingle? ;)

• elvenscroll 8 Mar 2013 23:14:45 1,420 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    The Junes jingle? ;)
    Ah yes. Forgot about that one. :D

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Zackv4861 11 Mar 2013 06:08:04 1,102 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This just gets better and better. Just come to king Moron's death i love the whole social link thing i think it works really well. Going to try for hard core Risette fane trophy now
  • Gregolution 11 Mar 2013 07:03:53 3,574 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Zackv4861

Lol you again :p. You're in all my favourite threads!

Right... Time for my favourite part of the day. Persona commute!

• elstoof 11 Mar 2013 08:40:06 7,805 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man that shopping channel jingle is so damn catchy.
  • Page

of 37 First / Last