of 36 First / Last

• Progguitarist 1 Mar 2013 15:43:35 10,400 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh...went to buy it today. Sold out. ;_;
  • Zizoo 1 Mar 2013 16:02:19 8,096 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know I asked this before.... but are the escape from the dungeon item (or whatever they are actually called) the only way to escape from dungeons? If you don't have any are you stuffed?
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 16:10:41 6,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can you not keep asking teddie to drop down a level? Haven't tried it though.
  • santashi 1 Mar 2013 16:17:18 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Escape items and the Persona escape skill (honestly can't remember what it's called!) are the only ways to get out apart from actually doing it the long way. I didn't really find myself pressed for them in the game, though. You should get a fair amount from chests.

elstoof wrote:
    Nope.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 17:03:09 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Escape items and the Persona escape skill (honestly can't remember what it's called!) are the only ways to get out apart from actually doing it the long way. I didn't really find myself pressed for them in the game, though. You should get a fair amount from chests.

elstoof wrote:
    Nope.
    You can grab them in the shopping district too.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• TheMightyRose 1 Mar 2013 17:39:31 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Mighty Rose arrived home just now and found that his (my!) copy of Persona 4 had been delivered.

All right!

I only ordered it yesterday afternoon! 29.95 and no delivery charges and I get it next day? Brand new and sealed as well. That will do me nicely son.

This is actually my first vita purchase since I bought LBP back in September. I think I have put in my time on that and could now do with a change and Persona 4 sounds right up my street.

Tim Rose actually still has his ps2 copy of Persona 4 which he has never played. I had only just finished playing Persona 3 at the time and needed a break from that type of game. Now, however I can finally get stuck into it and take my time.

On that note does anyone who has played this game have any tips, advice or suggestions that would help The Mighty Rose get the most out of this when starting from scratch or any key things he should look out for when playing through this? Obviously no spoilers please.
  • Zackv4861 1 Mar 2013 19:27:58 1,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started playing this. About 30mins in.
  • Gregolution 1 Mar 2013 21:26:11 3,164 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm confused by the fortune thing at the shrine. It takes time up when you use it and it doesn't increase a social link level, only improves a link. So why not just spend time with the person instead?
  • santashi 1 Mar 2013 21:35:50 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Maybe if there's a night where there absolutely isn't anything else to do?

• Gregolution 1 Mar 2013 21:38:20 3,164 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guess. I also suppose not all links are available for improvement every day now I think about it (while pretending to watch a film with missus and dreaming about persona)
  • FabricatedLunatic 1 Mar 2013 21:48:43 12,994 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheMightyRose wrote:
    On that note does anyone who has played this game have any tips, advice or suggestions that would help The Mighty Rose get the most out of this when starting from scratch or any key things he should look out for when playing through this? Obviously no spoilers please.
    All I'd suggest is perhaps limiting the number of days spent visiting dungeons, doing as much as possible while there, as that way you'll have more time to do other things. But don't worry too much about it. Just have fun.

My Vita + P4G arrived today. I'm so excited about playing through the game again, and it looks amazing on the Vita's screen. Only downside is that Chie's new voice actor sounds a bit shrill, but I can live with that.
  • santashi 1 Mar 2013 22:10:49 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I guess. I also suppose not all links are available for improvement every day now I think about it (while pretending to watch a film with missus and dreaming about persona)
    When you start completing social links and max out your stats you'll certainly start finding there are nights where there's less on.

And that's a sign that the game's doing something right if you can't stop thinking about it. Or a sign that the film's really bad. ;)

• HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 22:18:43 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution Drawing a fortune will never increase an S.Link level. You have to directly meet with them to increase the level. The fortune is more when you need to re-affirm a social link that isn't available on the day.

Not really a spoiler but more for those who played the PS2 version:

While I'm here, is it just me or does the reaper warning come onto certain stages a lot faster than before? I barely start exploring and I can hear it approaching.

• santashi 1 Mar 2013 23:10:01 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway It's not actually approaching as such-it only ever appears in chests. You can't even get it by accident because you get a message along the lines of 'evil, evil chest! Do you seriously want to open it??'. ;p Apologies if I misunderstood what you meant and you knew that! It might be connected to the number you open, but I first had it in Yukiko's castle relatively early on.

• HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 23:55:42 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi Eh? I thought the reaper came if you stayed on a floor too long. At least it always happened on Persona 3

• Humperfunk 2 Mar 2013 00:26:17 1,915 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @HiddenAway

Nah santashi is right my friend, it's different to P3.

Unbelievable games. Might fire up P3 for my fourth playthrough.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• HiddenAway 2 Mar 2013 02:01:54 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Humperfunk Fair enough. Of course that means I've wasted some chests because I thought it was like P3 but never mind...

• santashi 2 Mar 2013 08:43:02 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, just one of those differences. I realised this when I decided I was going to try running away from him to grab the last few chests as I sometimes tried in P3, only he never turned up and I got that warning message... Which I ignored to see what happened. :p

• elstoof 2 Mar 2013 11:11:52 6,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got my arse handed to me so went back to an earlier save file - didn't have a sodding clue where I was. Messed about with the battles and figured some stuff out, had my tactics all wrong. Back the future and owned that bitch with very little fuss in the end, still think I need to grind a bit so brought the vita to work for an hours play at lunchtime.
  • TheMightyRose 2 Mar 2013 13:59:52 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FabricatedLunatic

Thanks Fab Loon. I still remember you from the ps2 threads that I used all those years ago. Great to see you are still around.

Tim Rose has played about an hour and a half of this so far and it is awesome. It looks amazing and I am constantly using the screen grab feature of my Vita to take pictures of everything. The voice acting and dialogue is also top notch.

The Mighty Rose is playing this on hard which may not probably be the best idea but having played previous Persona games on hard I figure I can handle it!
  • elstoof 2 Mar 2013 14:10:21 6,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the third person commentary all about bro?
  • dazcox5181 2 Mar 2013 18:31:01 291 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm about 2 hours in, never played persona before chose very easy... Should I go back and choose a higher level don't wan to sail straight through! Need some challenge, but not great at games so don't wanna get to a point I can't progress from...

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• Pazie 2 Mar 2013 18:46:18 223 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @dazcox5181 This is my first Persona game too. I chose to play on very easy because I don't know what to expect from the game. I just want a relaxing time playing it and not get stuck in a battle. Loving it so far, only 2 hours in.

Edited by Pazie at 18:46:50 02-03-2013
  • JayG 2 Mar 2013 19:11:00 833 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always find myself thinking about games while watching films with the mrs, then she does have shite taste.
  • Gregolution 2 Mar 2013 19:24:27 3,164 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dazcox5181

This is my first persona and i've found normal quite a decent difficulty (35 hours in). I love it enough that I'm thinking I should do another play through on hard though
  • santashi 2 Mar 2013 22:47:47 5,044 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You can switch the difficulty as you please on your second playthrough, which is handy.

• Zackv4861 2 Mar 2013 23:35:17 1,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have never used the screen shot option on the Vita really till now and i'm doing it so often. They'll make great wallpapers.
  • elvenscroll 3 Mar 2013 19:40:17 1,374 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there any point in trying to fuse new Persona early on? I'm in the first proper dungeon and my original Persona still seems able to hold his own. Come to think of it, I haven't changed them once.

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the whole fusing process yet. The brief tutorial didn't really explain much.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Zackv4861 3 Mar 2013 22:37:02 1,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In the same boat at the moment but i've taken the plunge and fused three together to give me a Valkerie persona. No idea what's happened really but i do have more abilities to hand.
  • HiddenAway 4 Mar 2013 07:02:02 14,856 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Is there any point in trying to fuse new Persona early on? I'm in the first proper dungeon and my original Persona still seems able to hold his own. Come to think of it, I haven't changed them once.

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the whole fusing process yet. The brief tutorial didn't really explain much.
    Fusing new personas can give use to those you currently hold but don't use. It'll also (most of the time) give you a boost in stats because the new persona's level will be much closer to your current level. Fusing personas is also the only way to pass on certain skills to another persona that wouldn't otherwise learn it.

Most of the fusing process at the start is about experimenting (save first and go into the velvet room without doing anything else). If you've not tried it before, use the Fusion search function. It will list the personas you can get from your current list of personas you hold and what combinations you can use to get to it.

The rest of the post is spoilered in case you want to try things out...

If you select one, it'll show you how many skills you can pass on, and if you press the L and R button, the skills highlighted in red/pink will show you what you can choose to give to the new persona. If you have a social link open of the same type as the persona you're creating, you can pass on more skills and get a bigger boost in levels (well, at least the latter).

Let's say for example that you're about to fuse a persona that is weak to ice. If one of the personas in your list has a resist ice skill (reduces ice damage) and can be used to create the new persona, wouldn't it be good to have that skill passed on?

Just bear in mind that not all skills can be passed on to all personas (an example would be giving an ice-based persona a fire skill - it probably won't happen)...

Hope that helps :)

• Page

of 36 First / Last