Persona 4 Golden Page 19

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 09:39:17 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm halfway through the boss fight now, bloody tricky.
    I really wanted to get back in the dungeon last night straight off, got caught up with the drama club. Then Marie wanted to hang out. Then Chie. Then I had a play to rehearse for. Then I used the stuck vending machine in te rain and another afternoon was over. Now it's the second day of rain and I'm shitting myself, was afraid to try and find SP items in case I lost another day. Boss fight is paused halfway through and I'm getting low on SP...

Think I've managed my time badly, but it's hard when you're this popular and everyone wants to hang out with the kid from the big city!
  • Gregolution 1 Mar 2013 10:15:56 3,844 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    lol

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 10:42:52 1,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You won't be so popular when Yukiko dies, not sure you are cut out for this rescuing work ;)

PSN: Adwab2

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 10:50:50 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't say that! I won't let her die! Who will run the Amagi Inn?!

Heh, I've got one more day in the bag if this doesn't work out otherwise its hello staggered save files..

It's crazy how much you have to juggle in this, just when you go to bed thinking you'll definitely storm the castle the next morning, some friends call first thing and I feel bad letting them down.
  • Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 11:17:17 1,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe they could have added Vita specific features like making bad interference noises in the microphone and saying you have bad reception before ending the call so you don't feel as bad.

Have you got a job or girlfriend yet? Obviously referring to the game and not a personal comment

The joys of being a popular teenager and solving a murder mystery :)

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 11:28:17 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh god, no job or girlfriend yet. Looks like I need to sacrifice some social commitments..
  • Ziz0u 1 Mar 2013 12:07:56 8,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started Kanji's rescue last night... woah. :eek:

I am also getting a bit concerned with how I am managing my time. Hmph. So much to do.

There also seems to be a lot to be missed out on if you don't chat to each person in town every time you get a chance.
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:15:38 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Definitely a few playthroughs needed to see it all. When it's quoted to last a good 80+ hours, is that for one playthrough or is that to see everything on a few plays?
  • HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 12:20:34 14,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Single play. I amassed 100+ on one playthrough on the PS2.

You can also add numerous resets to get the best results out of the social link discussions :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:37:00 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuckadoodle doo. Hmm. Might restart it now I have a better handle on how it all works, think I wasted too many days getting things wrong by fumbling about at the start but maybe that's the point. Only 7 hours in.
  • HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 12:40:12 14,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elstoof It's all but impossible to finish everything in one play without the use of a guide. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe New Game+ carries your Courage, Knowledge (etc) stats forward = more time to polish off social links.

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:44:09 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apparently not even then. It's not that that bothers me though, not interested in platinuming it, just I get flustered knowing I could have done a better job of it at the start.
  • Ziz0u 1 Mar 2013 12:55:17 8,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So going ahead and rescuing those who need to be rescued the same day you are set loose on the dungeon is not a bad thing? I'm on floor 4 of Kanji's dungeon and feeling pretty good about pushing through.

I just feel odd leaving when I could do it now.
  • Ziz0u 1 Mar 2013 12:56:13 8,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So there are several endings, right?
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:59:07 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be inclined to do it in one go if I could, saves some more time for social stuff. I didn't want to leave the dungeon halfway through but had to as I ran out if SP. think I will start over tbh.

Wait, multiple endings whu.....?
  • Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 13:13:26 1,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I'd be inclined to do it in one go if I could, saves some more time for social stuff. I didn't want to leave the dungeon halfway through but had to as I ran out if SP. think I will start over tbh.

Wait, multiple endings whu.....?
    I bet you wished you never looked in here today :-P

• HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 13:17:57 14,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC There's no real disadvantage. The problem I had was that I pushed through the first dungeon too fast and had a half-hour struggle with the boss before succeeding but with a large amount of lost items like medicines and soul drops lost to get myself fighting fit.

If I trained an extra day, the boss would have been much easier.

Also, there are multiple endings (at least in the PS2 game) but they're mainly based on choices very late in the game. I can't say much more than that because it's already very close to spoiler territory as is :p.

Edited by HiddenAway at 13:20:35 01-03-2013

• Progguitarist 1 Mar 2013 13:19:47 10,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How big is the PSN file size?
  • HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 13:22:27 14,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Progguitarist 3.2GB (You'll need a bit more than that when downloading but it'll tell you how much you need if you don't have the space)

• Progguitarist 1 Mar 2013 13:25:07 10,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah hell, I'll just buy the cart.
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 13:35:53 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yah I pushed through the dungeon as fast as possible, used all my items up on regular shadows thinking I could easily get more. Left me at a disadvantage now it's cranked up a bit. Fuck it, can I get a reeeeeewind!

Not exactly a hardship anyway eh ;)
  • Ziz0u 1 Mar 2013 13:44:40 8,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @HiddenAway

Yeah, I think I might be speaking too soon. The first dungeon may be doable in one afternoon, but that doesn't mean the others will be. SP was a problem in the first dungeon for me as well.

Is that spoiler a really bad one? Like revealing the ending? I'm tempted to hover over it for some reason :eek:
  • Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 13:47:27 1,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC

You're safe to read it, just tells what part of the game you get to make choices, not any details.

• Ziz0u 1 Mar 2013 13:48:33 8,588 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @elstoof

Do some grinding and get a job. Money isn't too hard to come by. :)
  • HiddenAway 1 Mar 2013 13:55:17 14,966 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ZizouFC It really isn't a spoiler - except for telling you what to look out for when it comes to where the endings are decided.

To be honest, I don't think you can even continue the game if you pick the wrong ending but it certainly shouldn't leave you at a point where you can't load and retry - unless you get the ending where you don't save the current victim and you have no items to get through the dungeon :D

• santashi 1 Mar 2013 14:27:41 5,167 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Those are some seriously well-paid jobs for a student. :p

And as a general rule I wouldn't stress too much about getting everything 'right' and completing everything 100%. You can't do it on your first playthrough anyway, and I personally think I had more fun just muddling along than I would have by constant reloading or having my nose permanently stuck into a guide. ;)

If you really want to go completionist you could always do a speedrun on New Game+.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gregolution 1 Mar 2013 14:31:52 3,844 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm not going anywhere near a guide. In loving the surprises the game keeps throwing at me. It's a masterpiece to be enjoyed!

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• elstoof 1 Mar 2013 14:34:37 8,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, guides and 100% completion don't interest me, I just know I could do a better job of my play so far and it'll be bugging me from here on.
  • Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 14:37:33 1,021 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I'm not going anywhere near a guide. In loving the surprises the game keeps throwing at me. It's a masterpiece to be enjoyed!
    This 100%

• santashi 1 Mar 2013 14:40:53 5,167 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Good. I'm proud of you all. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Page

of 37 First / Last