Persona 4 Golden Page 18

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 08:29:16 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi

Cool :)

So every person I rescue will have their own dungeon? Will I be able to go back to each one to grind and possibly fight a boss shadow after the rescue, or is it better to move on?

Is there any reason to go to the evil version of the shopping district more than once? I picked up the quest items there.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 28 Feb 2013 08:38:17 1,514 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @OmniaVincitAmor Now you're testing my memory! I think you get it from the little boy in the shrine area.
    Hmmmm thanks for all of that pal. Guess you have to give him a drink first cos he keeps banging on about that. Nice one. 

Edited by OmniaVincitAmor at 08:39:21 28-02-2013

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• santashi 28 Feb 2013 08:44:07 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ZizouFC Yes, yes but you don't really need to grind in them, and nope. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• santashi 28 Feb 2013 08:45:59 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @OmniaVincitAmor Oh yeah, from the vending machine. That's it. You should be sorted after that. Catching bugs also takes up no in game time slot, which is handy.

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 08:51:01 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks santashi
  • OmniaVincitAmor 28 Feb 2013 08:51:53 1,514 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @OmniaVincitAmor Oh yeah, from the vending machine. That's it. You should be sorted after that. Catching bugs also takes up no in game time slot, which is handy.
    Beautiful. Know what I'm gonna be doing tonight. Loser. Also for zizou I also always do tge dungeon straight away. Then grind and beat the mini boss after. Also once you have beaten the mini boss look around you'll find an awesome weapon for the relevant character.

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 08:54:35 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's awesome. Great tip. Thanks :)
  • Gregolution 28 Feb 2013 09:15:33 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    Beautiful. Know what I'm gonna be doing tonight. Loser. Also for zizou I also always do tge dungeon straight away. Then grind and beat the mini boss after. Also once you have beaten the mini boss look around you'll find an awesome weapon for the relevant character.
    !

I haven't done any grinding in the game yet and I'm 32 hours in. How do you find the time to go back to dungeons you've already completed when there's so much other stuff to do!? I never seem to be able to fit it in.
  • santashi 28 Feb 2013 09:21:47 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I pretty much only went the once, with maybe one or two exceptions (eg. the first dungeon kicking you out after Chie's fight). I did the extra mini boss when I went back to rescue the next person. Nothing gets between me and my social links! :p

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 09:25:15 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I'd like to do them all, but I don't know if it's possible. Although the weapon I got from Yukiko's dungeon for beating the mini-boss is awesome.
  • santashi 28 Feb 2013 09:37:17 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I like the weird versions of the weapons that you get from that lad in the school. Nothing says fun RPG like novelty weapons. :p

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 09:55:13 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Yeah, I'd like to do them all, but I don't know if it's possible. Although the weapon I got from Yukiko's dungeon for beating the mini-boss is awesome.
    Although thinking about it now, it only takes one portion of your day if you're lucky. I usually run out of SP during long runs in the dungeon. You can go back to the entrance and save at least.

Anyway, just caught myself singing this:

Tell me why you did it
    Every dream falling apart
    Tell me why you did it
    After the Promise
    Still aching still aching
    Oh baby I need your love
    Looking so different
    Glaring street light

Heartbeat Heartbeat
    It Keeps on Pounding
    Heartbreak Heartbreak
    You tell me goodbye
    Heartbeat Heartbeat
    It Keeps on Pounding
    Heartbreak Heartbreak
    You tell me goodbye

Heartbeat Heartbeat
    It Keeps on Pounding
    Heartbreak Heartbreak
    You tell me goodbye
    Heartbeat Heartbeat
    It Keeps on Pounding
    Heartbreak Heartbreak
    You tell me goodbye
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2013 09:56:11 6,617 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last time I found myself counting down the hours, anxious to go home and play a game again was Link's Awakening on the GameBoy about 20 years ago.
  • santashi 28 Feb 2013 09:59:10 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aside from actively conserving SP, you could always try buttering the fox up and using his SP healing services? That 'emergency' thing also adds a small amount of SP. And there are skills that regenerate SP.

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 10:00:16 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have my Vita at work to do some backing up... I may take an extended trip to the loo later.
  • Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 10:00:51 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi

I only just met the fox last night. I'm "only" 12 hours in.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 28 Feb 2013 11:19:36 1,514 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Love the grind. Always the same. Beat the dungeon. Make better personas. Then grind and social links till next story arc. I am pretty awesome. Shame I can't fucking do a simple thing like fish though :)

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 11:37:02 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is the dungeon available to grind in until the next dungeon "unlocks" as the story progresses?
  • Humperfunk 28 Feb 2013 11:38:50 1,930 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep, just go back into the TV and you can select any previously beaten dungeons.

I'm actually tempted to play this again, only finished it a couple of months ago for the second time (first on Vita obviously)...

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• OmniaVincitAmor 28 Feb 2013 11:50:44 1,514 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is the dungeon available to grind in until the next dungeon "unlocks" as the story progresses?
    Yeah to do it just talk to the relevant character.

• Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 11:55:02 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh so that's what Teddie is on about when he says he can't remember how to get there. Good stuff. Thanks.
  • Murbal 28 Feb 2013 12:12:48 21,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Considering I've had the game since before Christmas you lot are all way ahead of me. Perhaps I have too many games...
  • elstoof 28 Feb 2013 12:17:25 6,617 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gonna finish the castle then get stuck into some fusion tonight, haven't done any of that yet. Is it worth levelling the personas up a bit before fusion or just get on with it? I thought I'd wait for a while but then I had to throw one away when I collected another one so I guess is better get on and fuse. Be sad to see some of them go ;(
  • Gregolution 28 Feb 2013 13:01:48 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Gonna finish the castle then get stuck into some fusion tonight, haven't done any of that yet. Is it worth levelling the personas up a bit before fusion or just get on with it? I thought I'd wait for a while but then I had to throw one away when I collected another one so I guess is better get on and fuse. Be sad to see some of them go ;(
    You need to register them in the compendium and you can summon them any time you like, for a fee. No need to say goodbye! ;)

p.s - i just tried the final optional boss of the dungeon and he absolutely owned me. 1 aoe rampage and the entire team dies.
  • Zizoo 28 Feb 2013 13:05:29 8,112 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I lost the fight the first time. Luckily I went to the entrance and saved when I got to the floor he's on.

Really not sure if this is a spoiler, but I had Chie use Bufu and MC use Zio while Yukiko and Yosuke healed and used defence buff items so that rampage didn't kill anyone. Physical attacks were pretty effective as well iirc.

Edited by ZizouFC at 13:06:43 28-02-2013
  • Gregolution 28 Feb 2013 13:17:08 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ZizouFC

I was going to follow a similar approach on the tube ride home tonight.

This is exactly why I love this game so much. The fact that I even need to consider the tactical approach is precisely what I want out of a game. Madly spamming any button with any configuration and winning is a broken game IMO but yet so many games work that way these days.
  • Feanor 28 Feb 2013 14:07:21 14,055 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ZizouFC Your Affection will probably be the next one to get stuck in your head.
  • TheMightyRose 28 Feb 2013 15:18:48 174 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Guys!

The Mighty Rose has returned!

So it seems Tim Rose missed the boat on this somewhat. I figured I would go into a store on the friday it came out and pick it up. How foolish of me. I tried two separate HMV stores and two separate branches of Game. In the latter they only had the game available for people who pre ordered and those handful of copies were now gone. Spoke with a young member of staff at the first Game store (with hair like Russell Brand) who could not have shown less interest if he tried. He had no idea when or even if they would get copies down the line. The next Game I tried was the same story but at least the girl who I spoke with (who had a rather trendy spiky haircut with some of her head shaved) at least tried to be interested and helpful too me and recommended that the babe magnet extraordinaire should buy it from Game's online store.

From what I can tell this game seems to be one of the best games on Vita yet the high street stores could not give two hoots about it. It is truly a sad state of affairs.

Dear reader bear this simple truth in mind:
    Tim Rose likes to own physical copies of things. He does not want to download. Besides which my 32gb memory card will not last long if I have to download games onto it.

Anyway to cut a long, and somewhat tedious story short (by my own high standards at least), The Mighty Rose has ordered the game online via ebay as Shopto have sold out at the moment and Amazon's delivery times have really hit the skids as of late. Hopefully I will get the game next week and can finally get stuck into it and leave lbp behind.
  • santashi 28 Feb 2013 15:26:58 5,048 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Silly, isn't it?

• Kangoo 1 Mar 2013 09:27:06 1,015 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Managed to finish the first dungeon last night and absolutely loving this game. The boss battle was just awesome, felt like a real battle of tactics, ended up with hardly any SP for any of the characters, but won first time. It was just one of those moments where every part of the battle system comes together and the depth is amazing.

Being a Persona virgin :redface: I only had word of mouth and reviews to go on, but I haven't read anything that fully justifies this, just such a brilliant creation.

It really should be mentioned in the same breath as Final Fantasy and Dragons Quest imo.

PSN: Adwab2

• Page

of 36 First / Last