Sly Cooper 4: Thieves in Time Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • Humperfunk 12 Apr 2013 10:04:49 1,606 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yep, with the Clockwerk Eye the bottles are now an absolute piece of piss - only had 7 when I went back to Japan and got the remaining 23 in about ten minutes! Only got the second episode's bottles to go now.

Huge amount of treasures in the game too, I'm sure there were only three per episode in previous games :)

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• Flying_Pig 12 Apr 2013 10:09:55 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Murbal - I think you can only free roam the hub areas. The areas which are only accessible whilst undertaking a mission, remain so (as far as I can tell).
  • Flying_Pig 15 Apr 2013 09:21:36 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    On the final stretch now - a few missions in to Episode 5, and have almost collected all of the Clue Bottles (3 to go).

I thought the fight at the end of Episode 4 (Black Knight) was really quite clever. Sanzaru have done a great job of mixing up the various boss fights, with the costumes really making a positive difference.

I've only played 1 and 2 before this, but I prefer this to #2 (love #1's purity and simplicity).
  • greenmekon 16 Apr 2013 22:16:10 150 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished this tonight and loved every minute, cracking game. Played it mostly on the vita. Now to get all the treasures....
  • Flying_Pig 18 Apr 2013 13:20:48 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished last night and I also really enjoyed it. Cracking game and is totally different from anything else on the Vita. Well worth the 20 I paid for it, even before I consider that I now have the game on PS3 as well :D

Now I just need to head back to get the treasures and Sly masks I missed, along with those 'event' trophies, such as 'Bob's' workout etc.
  • aros 18 Apr 2013 14:09:01 2,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Amazing game - my favourite Vita game and I'm only midway through episode three.

If this was a Nintendo game it would have about a 92% Metacritic score. I hope it has sold well as it's the first 3D platformer I've enjoyed other than the Galaxies with invention at every turn.

I really hope for a sequel and the rest of Sony's PS2 stable I never tried or got in to hitting the Vita now.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Apr 2013 22:35:48 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Grrrr - while I'm making great progress on the Treasures and Masks, some of the QTE challenges for the trophies are very annoying. Really struggling with the Carmelita Dance in Episode 5 and the tower climb by Sir Galeth in Chapter 4. Might see if they're any easier on PS3...

Oh, and any tips for getting the high score on the Super Alter Ego arcade machine (Episode 4)?
  • Triggerhappytel 19 Apr 2013 23:30:51 2,664 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    Amazing game - my favourite Vita game and I'm only midway through episode three.

If this was a Nintendo game it would have about a 92% Metacritic score. I hope it has sold well as it's the first 3D platformer I've enjoyed other than the Galaxies with invention at every turn.

I really hope for a sequel and the rest of Sony's PS2 stable I never tried or got in to hitting the Vita now.
    Yeah, I too hope it has done well for Sony, as they're pretty much the only publisher outside of Nintendo who are still supporting 3D platformers; a genre I hold dearly and have missed this generation.

I need to get back to this, when I've finished Batman: Arkham City. Having two open world games on the go seemed a bit much, so I've decided to concentrate on this for the moment.

Also, Sanzaru are clearly a talented developer and I hope they get a shot at developing their own IP at some point. Although I'd gladly see a couple more Sly games from them, I'm a firm believer in letting a studio try something new every two or three games to keep their enthusiasm and creativity flowing.
  • Flying_Pig 23 Apr 2013 12:59:17 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'be been working back through to get all of the Treasures/Masks and unlock all of the arcade machines.

All going well so far - only Episodes 1 & 2 left to do (working backwards), but I definitely found #3 to be the hardest for the Treasures - the times seemed extremely tight and it's not helped by the multi-level aspect of the hub.
  • RyanDS 23 Apr 2013 13:01:21 8,699 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wish there was a "return to treasure" button when you fail the race.

Some of them are a pain to get to, especially when you ran a minute and lose it just by the hideout.
  • Flying_Pig 23 Apr 2013 13:03:33 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep - there was one in Episode 3, which must have taken 20+ attempts, with me usually being just a second short.

Practically all of the treasures in #4 & #5 and the ones I've found so far in #2 are pretty sraightforward.
  • Flying_Pig 25 Apr 2013 10:45:20 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's disappointing - I played this for the first time on the PS3 last night (it made getting the El Jefe, Getting Stronger and Carmelita Dance trophies much easier), but for some reason only 2/3rd of he trophies I earned on the Vita popped on the PS3 :(

And I've almost certainly decided to ditch my platinum trophy attempt - the only one I'm now struggling with is 8-Bit Bentley - I can't get anywhere near the high scores on Alter Ego :(
  • RyanDS 25 Apr 2013 12:43:21 8,699 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished this last night and thought it was great. A solid 8, maybe even 9/10.

I was impressed as well it played perfectly on both Vita and PS3 and I never wished I was using the others controls.

Apart from one bit shaking the vita to make Carmelita wiggle was iffy and I failed several times. I may try again on PS3.
  • Flying_Pig 25 Apr 2013 13:46:51 10,275 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RyanDS - it's much more straightforward on the PS3. I think the bigger, better spaced face buttons make the QTEs easier.

Agree though - great game and well worth the 20 entry fee :)
  • FuzzyDuck 8 Oct 2013 15:57:39 3,536 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bump-aroo.

Picked this up the other day on PS3 and it's a bit good. Onto the 3rd episode now, done 30/30 bottles on the first two.

Music is very good indeed. The game doesn't do anything drastically new, but it's well polished (aside from the occasional framerate plummet and the sometimes intrusive loading), probably moreso than the original trilogy and if I didn't know any better, I'd have never known Sanzaru developed it, so credit due to them.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next