Is this wrong or illegal? Fake UK account PSN?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 12:49:26 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So as many of you know I'm going to be living in the Czech Republic. But there is barely any DLC or anything"good" in our store. What would happen if I made a UK account instead? Would I be able to play as normal, download DLC and it will work? I know I wouldn't be able to change the country but I can make the address as my CZ one.

Last but not least.. as a result of me making a UK account they use the Pound currency, Is it possible for me to purchase UK PSN credit via Amazon or Game.co.uk, and put it on the account? Any trouble for "faking" a country? Please let me know.

Thank you.
    Cheers.
  • Fubdub 27 Aug 2011 13:09:21 270 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You'll have no issue using a UK account from abroad. I kept my UK account while staying in Singapore, and many games where played, to great enjoyment.

As for buying credits, not sure, but why don't you just keep your UK debit card?
  • robthehermit 27 Aug 2011 13:52:28 3,829 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Electronic first will email you codes. You can pay by paypal.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 16:22:20 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fubdub wrote:
    You'll have no issue using a UK account from abroad. I kept my UK account while staying in Singapore, and many games where played, to great enjoyment.

As for buying credits, not sure, but why don't you just keep your UK debit card?

I never lived in UK and not moving there, I'm moving from Slovakia to Czech Republic, I just want to make a UK account for the DLC and Demos/ Movies. Would that still effect my gameplay or DLC? I'm going to order the UK PSN Credit from UK and have then ship the code via mail to CZ, would that work? If I set my country to UK and im logging in from CZ would my IP block content?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 27 Aug 2011 16:32:17 14,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All the content you bought with one account is available for all accounts. I've bought plenty of DLC and games with a different country account than I use to play normally.
    Since the UK and CZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem with buying DLC, but it will be good to check whether the content you buy from the UK store works with your version of the game. (Unless you import your games from the UK as well)
  • ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 16:34:02 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    All the content you bought with one account is available for all accounts. I've bought plenty of DLC and games with a different country account than I use to play normally.
    Since the UK and CZ are in the same region you shouldn't have a problem with buying DLC, but it will be good to check whether the content you buy from the UK store works with your version of the game. (Unless you import your games from the UK as well)

Because I'm a fan of Rock Band and CZ doesn't have any DLC for that game, and UK does. So, I was just wondering if It would be okay.
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 27 Aug 2011 16:37:51 14,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In most case it says what version of the game you need to make use of the DLC in the description of the game. For Europe that's usually BCES (some numbers) or BLES (some numbers). The number are on the side of the game box.
  • ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 17:32:11 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    In most case it says what version of the game you need to make use of the DLC in the description of the game. For Europe that's usually BCES (some numbers) or BLES (some numbers). The number are on the side of the game box.

Would it work either way? I mean since the UK has a video store would I still be able to rent movies if I made a UK account and I lived in CZ?
  • Syrok Designer, Tarsier Studios 27 Aug 2011 18:13:09 14,031 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm not sure about video stores, never used them. All I know is that Vidzone and MUBI were not accessible to me when I lived in a country that did not have those. Even with the right PSN account.
    Might be a different story with the video store though.
  • ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 19:27:11 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrok wrote:
    I'm not sure about video stores, never used them. All I know is that Vidzone and MUBI were not accessible to me when I lived in a country that did not have those. Even with the right PSN account.
    Might be a different story with the video store though.

Okay pretty much problem solved, but one more thing.

I won't get into trouble or my account will be suspended or banned If I do live in CZ and make a UK account?
  • Gaol 27 Aug 2011 19:30:20 2,262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I doubt it. There are probably millions of these accounts and Sony aren't gonna be too concerned about people finding ways to actually buy stuff from them.
  • ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 19:35:47 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    I doubt it. There are probably millions of these accounts and Sony aren't gonna be too concerned about people finding ways to actually buy stuff from them.

I know right, is my money not good enough for them? I will just enter my address with my UK account, I can always change the address, and I'm planning on going to UK sometime later anyways :D
  • dominalien 27 Aug 2011 20:17:35 6,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The video store won't work since your IP address will be from outside the UK.

PSN: DonOsito

• ProudPoppin 27 Aug 2011 20:51:50 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:

Okay, but will all the DLC work and all?
  • SuperBas 28 Aug 2011 19:28:31 1,437 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been primarily using a US account for these last few years, I just use my creditcard to buy PSN money at Maximuscards, works wonderfully.
  • dominalien 28 Aug 2011 19:30:05 6,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ProudPoppin wrote:
    dominalien wrote:

Okay, but will all the DLC work and all?

Yes, provided you can buy it.

• ProudPoppin 28 Aug 2011 20:24:18 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SuperBas wrote:
    I've been primarily using a US account for these last few years, I just use my creditcard to buy PSN money at Maximuscards, works wonderfully.

Okay so while using US account, when you purchase items on the US store, can you still play/use them on your European account?
  • dominalien 28 Aug 2011 20:59:51 6,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, as long as the user that purchased the content is registered on the system (in a rare case that user's password has to be saved on the console) another user can play the content.

• kingcrowbar 28 Aug 2011 22:15:14 875 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You will have to be careful with PS3 DLC with regards to regions as quite often the DLC will be tied to a specific disc version.
    For example if you use the US store for MAG DLC, you will need either the US Blu-Ray/PSN version of the game. There can also be a couple of EU versions of a disc too so you might need to check the BLES code on the back of the game box and see if it matches the DLC in the PSN store.
  • ProudPoppin 29 Aug 2011 06:16:33 52 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kingcrowbar wrote:
    You will have to be careful with PS3 DLC with regards to regions as quite often the DLC will be tied to a specific disc version.
    For example if you use the US store for MAG DLC, you will need either the US Blu-Ray/PSN version of the game. There can also be a couple of EU versions of a disc too so you might need to check the BLES code on the back of the game box and see if it matches the DLC in the PSN store.

Yeah I guess I'm going to save myself the hassle and make a legit CZ account.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next