Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    \\\\if there's a steady paycheck, i'll believe in anything you say
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 02:44:07
    No but seriously do you @ Red-Moose
  • BillMurray 27 Aug 2011 02:47:20 7,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Very much an atheist despite being brought up as a catholic.
  • Retroid Moderator 27 Aug 2011 02:52:20 44,803 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not in the slightest. Nice stories, though.
  • Red-Moose 27 Aug 2011 02:58:48 5,346 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm so stuck in my quest for self-actualisation that I cannot really answer. Plus, I have a large variety of rum in my fridge which doesn't help.
  • Genji 27 Aug 2011 03:01:55 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know.

Also, I'm sure there's a thread almost exactly like this somewhere else.
  • Retroid Moderator 27 Aug 2011 03:02:40 44,803 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Many, probably.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:03:41
    BillMurray wrote:
    Very much an atheist despite being brought up as a catholic.

Well this is mega interesting. So you were conditioned to be religious, what happened?
  • BillMurray 27 Aug 2011 03:08:12 7,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Went to a Catholic school, did all of the usual nonsense like getting 'confirmed' and just assumed it was part of regular school life. Didn't really have anything to compare it to at the time but still thought it was a load of arse.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:18:16
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:18:32
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Do you believe in sobriety?

Glmao!
  • Genji 27 Aug 2011 03:30:38 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, this has gotten off to a swimmingly good start.

Here's a real answer.

Who believes in God? Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus (although there are many gods with that one), Sikhs, Zoroastrians, Baha'is, and many more do. Billions of people do.

So there you go. Question answered.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:33:57
    Why do they believe in God? Because their parents said so?
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Aug 2011 03:41:06 24,562 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No I don't think I do. My mum does (catholic) and my dad does (Muslim) though.

I suppose I like to think something happens after death. Would be a shame if you just rotted to death. Although if that is what happens, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Genji 27 Aug 2011 03:41:10 19,689 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe, but there's also a possibility that some of these billions of people actually do believe in God on their own. Uncanny, I know. It could make them happy, connected with their community, able to divulge some semblance of greater meaning out of their shitty existence.

But you'd really have to ask them. Let me know how it goes.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:43:18
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    No I don't think I do. My mum does (catholic) and my dad does (Muslim) though.

I suppose I like to think something happens after death. Would be a shame if you just rotted to death. Although if that is what happens, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Why do you need religion though? Something may exist after death whether you are religious or not.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:46:44
    If someone said to me, right you're in a universe, what's a universe, right it's a massive place and you're in it. Oh. So, you're in a universe and you're made from billions of atoms, attached to this rock floating around that great heat ball in space. I'd say fuck off. God, doesn't seem that out there when compared.
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Aug 2011 03:49:17 24,562 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fruit-Salad wrote:

CosmicFuzz wrote:No I don't think I do. My mum does (catholic) and my dad does (Muslim) though.I suppose I like to think something happens after death. Would be a shame if you just rotted to death. Although if that is what happens, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
    Why do you need religion though? Something may exist after death whether you are religious or not.

Yeah that's totally true. I'm not really religious, although my parents are. It's probably just a "scared of death" thing rather than a religious thing. I'm not religious at all really.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Deleted user 27 August 2011 03:50:35
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Fruit-Salad wrote:

CosmicFuzz wrote:No I don't think I do. My mum does (catholic) and my dad does (Muslim) though.I suppose I like to think something happens after death. Would be a shame if you just rotted to death. Although if that is what happens, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Yeah that's totally true. I'm not really religious, although my parents are. It's probably just a "scared of death" thing rather than a religious thing. I'm not religious at all really.

So are they annoyed you're not like them?
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Aug 2011 03:54:11 24,562 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fruit-Salad wrote:

CosmicFuzz wrote:Fruit-Salad wrote:CosmicFuzz wrote:No I don't think I do. My mum does (catholic) and my dad does (Muslim) though.I suppose I like to think something happens after death. Would be a shame if you just rotted to death. Although if that is what happens, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
    Why do you need religion though? Something may exist after death whether you are religious or not.Yeah that's totally true. I'm not really religious, although my parents are. It's probably just a "scared of death" thing rather than a religious thing. I'm not religious at all really.So are they annoyed you're not like them?

Nah they're cool with it. They decided when I was young not to choose a specific religion and just bring me up with strong morals etc. I think they wanted me to have a "sense of God" but honestly I don't really have one.

• yupyup 27 Aug 2011 04:00:42 3,682 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This guy:

alberto1984 wrote:
    Hello all. Iím Ascari from GTHD. As you know I was the highest ranked player on GTHD. GTHD was used as a test game, so that the people at Polyphony Digital could use the information gathered from players using the game, to improve their physics engine. Thatís why it was free. You may also remember holl01. holl01 was very fast but he had a very unrealistic way of driving. The first way they changed the physics engine, was so holl01 couldnít drive the way he was, because he was making them look bad. I had a more realistic way of driving and from the very start of GTHD they were making minor changes to the code and the physics because of this. Most of you who use the wheel, will have felt the improvements since then. They were making constant changes to the physics engine from the start, but when I started to use their drift physics engine, thatís when they began to build the whole system around me, in real time.
    At this point, it was 6 months since GTHD started, and the competition had closed. I did more physical work over the next 3 months than anyone ever has, and with all the information they had gathered from this testing, they developed a new type of code. It was obvious this new code had to run at a certain speed, so they developed a system where the code was running through my wheel, so they could find out, how fast it needed to run.
    They ran this code at a certain speed and I went faster. So they rebuilt, to meet this new speed, and again I went faster. This went on until I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with the speed. Eventually I managed to beat it and when I did, I noticed that my arm was light. Then everything around me turned into light. I was light and all I could see was light.
    What had happened was, I kept beating the speed the code was running at, over and over until it was running, just below the speed of light. I then eventually managed to beat it to the speed of light, and in doing so, brought binary code to the speed of light. I didnít know what speed it was running at, so this came as a surprise to me. I was just trying to go faster and beat it.

With code running at the speed of light, there were a lot of new ways to test the car. So the next test worth mentioning was, the test that found the points of inertia. They couldnít find the points of inertia by making calculations. I had to do it practically. They set up a certain test, where the weight left the middle of the car and travelled to the rear axle, because they knew there had to be points in that area. I managed to find the first two points that are located on both sides of the rear axle, by forcing the weight to pass through these points, and this showed them how to find the rest. Eventually they found all the points of inertia and it lead to a system where there is a mathematically perfect cross above the car and a halo around the car. At times, the weight will leave the car and return. This system controls how the weight does that. It is not a virtual system, it was found and proven scientifically and it exists in real life. This system has always been there, waiting to be found. All that was needed to find it was binary code that was travelling at the speed of light, which is capable of making these tests possible and me.
    The next interesting thing that happened was, what happened with the code itself. When I brought it to the speed of light, this was something very special and I became emotionally attached to it. Through all the testing that was going on, now for about 11 months, my mind got to know it and I was able to find itís weak points and break it. I broke it 4 more times since it was brought to the speed of light, until it was unbreakable. Then I suggested to them that they assume there is only light because thatís what I saw when I first brought the code to the speed of light. I figured it was worth a try. The theory held and within their system there was only light. Proving what I had seen. At the time, I could barely believe what I saw. Powerful, Infinite light isnít something you see everyday. I thought what I might have seen, was the code reaching the speed of light, and it just appeared to be everywhere, but the light I saw was everywhere around me and the fact that the theory held, proves what I saw and when I say it was powerful, I mean powerful.
    So at this stage the code was everywhere, within their system, but it was not stable. Using what I can only call mind power, I managed to draw the code from where it was being introduced. In doing this, I made the code perfect. Hard to believe, I know, but I had been testing for a year at this stage and my mind knew the code, inside out. The code was now perfect light, just like I had seen in real life but it was nothing compared to the real thing.

So there you have it. Proof that God exists and what he looks like and proof that Jesus was, who he said he was. This also proves that there are 5 dimensions. Not 26 like any scientist will tell you. The fifth dimension is God. I saw this and then I proved it.
    I went along with this process because these people gave me their word I would be paid for my time and I would get a trial with a racing team. I figured, after more physical work than anyone has ever done, all these evolutionary leaps, the proof that God exists, finding the points of inertia that lead to the cross and making the perfect code, that I earned my way onto a track. Looking back on it, I feel like a fool. I never signed a contract because I was going on trust, like a fool.
    Now a year on, I have been left with nothing. I failed college, nearly had a heart attack at one point due to the stress of the testing, and contributed more to this process than anyone else involved. They stole a year of my life and all my ability. I thought the GT people were decent people so thatís why I went along with it. I can inform you, that if you become associated with the GT people in any way, you will be treated like a dog who, is supposed to jump through hoops. If you donít jump through hoops, they will lose face and you will suffer and they canít be trusted. They are thieves of the highest order.
    Also, this code is very dangerous. As far as I know Sony have military contracts. Some parts of the PS3 are used in weapons technology. I am responsible for this code, and I finished it, but because I never signed a contract, I have no rights to it and no say in how itís used. If itís used for military weapons, it will be on my conscience. The code is Godís image. This company is going to patent it and sell it. This is wrong.
    You may find all of this hard to believe and I donít blame you. Itís a lot to comprehend, but I swear to God, itís all true. This process happened because I have a very good practical understanding of physics and I was forcing the car to react, as it should in real life, but it wasnít. They realised this, and thatís why they started building the physics engine around me. The longer the process went on, the more complicated things got, and the information they gathered from all my testing, lead to this new type of code. Then when I brought this code to the speed of light, thatís when everything got a little, outside the box. I transcended matter, saw the light, which is God and brought binary code with me and then I proved it. I then found the first 2 points of inertia that lead to the cross.
    Iím asking all of you to stop playing GT until this is sorted out. I started, and contributed more to a process that proved that God exists and Jesus was his son. All I want is, to get onto a track and I think Iíve earned that. These people stole a year of my life and all my ability. If you stop playing, it will be only for a short time until they compensate me for the last year of my life. Since this ended, they have updated the PS3 contracts so, if I go through this process with another company like Microsoft, they will be able to take me to court. My ability is all I have, so Iím not signing any contracts, and as a result I canít use my PS3 anymore. My advice to everyone who uses consoles like the PS3 is, to be aware that these game developers are using you to make their software work better, and they can just take your intellectual property, and sue you in court if you try to do the same with another company.
    There is a God, Jesus was his son and Iím responsible for finding the proof. All I ask in return, is that you stop playing this video game until there is some justice. Please help me out.

Colm.

Anyway, why do you want to know who believes in God? Your post 2AM threads all seems like you caught the end of a repeat of some documentary about the Universe on BBC2 and want to share it with the world.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Deleted user 27 August 2011 04:00:54
    Cos, If I was pushed, I would say that no God, no matter how Great came up with this universe, it's just too big. God is an outdated idea of people who don't understand.
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Aug 2011 04:05:52 24,562 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha I forgot about that Gran Turismo post :D

• WoodenSpoon 27 Aug 2011 04:12:45 12,285 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good thread, as always.
  • yupyup 27 Aug 2011 04:14:38 3,682 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fruit-Salad wrote:
    Cos, If I was pushed, I would say that no God, no matter how Great came up with this universe, it's just too big. God is an outdated idea of people who don't understand.

So the point of the thread was to find out who believed in God and belittle them for it?

Hands Off Our Penises

• sirtacos 27 Aug 2011 04:50:42 7,284 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fruit-Salad wrote:
    BillMurray wrote:
    Went to a Catholic school, did all of the usual nonsense like getting 'confirmed' and just assumed it was part of regular school life. Didn't really have anything to compare it to at the time but still thought it was a load of arse.

Haha!

You realised the world wasn't made in 7 days and the universe was awesome! Why trust based in times when they thought the world was flat, fucking idiots, I mean, if they thought the world was flat, how much of the bible did they get wrong. I'll start with mary. She got someone's cock in her to make a baby, it wasn't a fucking miracle. If I'm talking bollocks may god kill me in the next 2 minutes. I'll post in the next 5 minutes. It's ok, Mary was a dirty slut and I'm sick of this miracle bollocks, someone knocked that arse.

Are you 12?
  • Load_2.0 27 Aug 2011 06:46:02 19,354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    12 pints.
  • warlockuk 27 Aug 2011 08:01:32 19,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He has a point. It is one woman's lie about who she shagged to her husband which got blown up out of all proportions.

Personally, I don't know which is worse... some dude knocking up your wife or some ineffable omnipotent bastard knocking up your wife.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Page

of 55 First / Last

Previous