Apple vs. Samsung Page 4

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• crashVoodoo 24 Aug 2012 23:58:07 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    zip proven invalid

ahhh fuck its going too fast to keep up. i'' wait for a roundup like db says

Edited by crashVoodoo at 23:59:30 24-08-2012

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• IMO 25 Aug 2012 00:04:39 5,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damages...
  • crashVoodoo 25 Aug 2012 00:05:05 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    monies .... 1.52 billion

• Deleted user 25 August 2012 00:09:32
    Lots of no here. Utter shafting.
  • crashVoodoo 25 Aug 2012 00:09:49 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    thats a lot of nos for sammys patents against 3G/S

Edited by crashVoodoo at 00:10:43 25-08-2012

• tombo 25 Aug 2012 00:11:02 2,095 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    looks like a bit of a whitewash
  • IMO 25 Aug 2012 00:13:09 5,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Damages for Samsung: 0.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
  • crashVoodoo 25 Aug 2012 00:14:14 3,851 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Suffice to say, Samsung's legal team cannot be happy right now.

• disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 00:15:15 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looks like this thread needs to be merged with 'What's America's Problem?'...
  • Mr-Brett 25 Aug 2012 00:27:27 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interesting that the Korean court came out with a sensible judgement of you're both wrong and the American one came out with pay Apple loads of money.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Psychotext 25 Aug 2012 00:34:44 53,799 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kiss goodbye to any innovation and competition for the next 10 years.
  • Lamb 25 Aug 2012 01:29:25 472 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meh who cares once you own a smartphone and/or tablet then you own a smartphone and/or tablet. They are more functional rather than a necessity. Check email, calendar, & skype. Whoop dee doo.
  • El_MUERkO 25 Aug 2012 02:07:27 16,949 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    Meh who cares once you own a smartphone and/or tablet then you own a smartphone and/or tablet. They are more functional rather than a necessity. Check email, calendar, & skype. Whoop dee doo.
    ah yes, because the status quo as we have known it for nigh these last 4/5 years is as it was and always will always be
  • El_MUERkO 25 Aug 2012 02:22:43 16,949 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jacobs points out that Apple has a finding of willful infringement on its side, urging her to move things along quickly so Apple can deal with the "irreparable harm" Samsung's products on the market are causing.
    September 20th is the next hearing, could see Samsung Phone and Tablet products pulled from shelves for causing 'irreparable harm' to Apple.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 07:43:23
    Post deleted
  • CharlieStCloud 25 Aug 2012 07:45:12 5,042 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Why am I not surprised that in an American courtroom, Apple are 'paid out' a shy over a billion whereas Samsung walks away with nothing...?

I love some of the things Apple have made, especially their iPod range and the iPad however, the company themselves, are verging on thinking they can play God.

... : (
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 08:09:07
    Time to stop stealing I guess Samsung.
  • disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 09:45:58 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, maybe they could.... I dunno, make a triangular tablet or something.
  • disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 09:46:16 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Actually, not any more they can't, that one's mine!
  • Mr-Brett 25 Aug 2012 09:55:21 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thank god mowgli is here to provide impartial analysis of a story involving Apple.

Nothing is going to change for a while yet. This will be appealed and fight will continue on in many other courts. Meanwhile we'll all foot the bill, yay!

• Deleted user 25 August 2012 09:55:56
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Yeah, maybe they could.... I dunno, make a triangular tablet or something.
    If only that was all it was about.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 09:57:15
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Thank god mowgli is here to provide impartial analysis of a story involving Apple.

Nothing is going to change for a while yet. This will be appealed and fight will continue on in many other courts. Meanwhile we'll all foot the bill, yay!
    Give it a rest, I've been following the case for a while. You are hardly mr impartial yourself.
  • disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 10:09:02 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Maybe they could make something so when you scroll to the end of something it doesn't bounce back it could... erm... I... guess...
  • Deleted user 25 August 2012 10:16:52
    disusedgenius wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Maybe they could make something so when you scroll to the end of something it doesn't bounce back it could... erm... I... guess...
    Do something else? I get what you are trying to suggest with the sarcasm, but forget the fact that it is Apple for a second, how hard is it to just think of something else? There seems to be an assumption in the backlash to these cases that innovation only comes with taking another's idea and not adding something/changing something.

There is a lot to get frustrated about with the current patent system, but at its very core it is about securing an invention to the point of allowing others to do something different, build upon it to a distinct degree. Not just outright copy it in every sense like Samsung (and others including Apple) have shamelessly been guilty of on several occasions.
  • Dirtbox 25 Aug 2012 10:27:48 77,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's why a majority of companies choose to use FRAND licensing. Apple does not.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• disusedgenius 25 Aug 2012 10:30:13 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you don't think that human progress is all about taking something which exists, then building on it a bit then... well... you're wrong. Patents are a good thing, but in the current state (particularly with software patents) they are an awful blight on the industry which will kill innovation.

And yes, you can take the other side of the coin with that argument and say that people should be able to make money off of every tiny idea they come up with. But that just makes you a short-termist idiot, in my eyes.

And yes, this goes for Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Namco (yep, still bitter I can't play a mini-game during a loading screen), Sony etc etc.
  • Maturin 25 Aug 2012 10:30:51 2,889 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd say the gamble has paid off rather handsomely for Samsung. The company is now one of the major forces in smartphone devices with the division making revenues of $108bn. And that's just cost it $1bn to Apple. Bargain, compared say to buying Skype or Instagram by other companies.
  • Mr-Brett 25 Aug 2012 10:34:40 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Mr-Brett wrote:

Give it a rest, I've been following the case for a while. You are hardly mr impartial yourself.
    Give what a rest? This is probably the first time I've mentioned your religion all year. I'm sorry if my snarky comment suggested you hadn't been following this case for a while, I'm sure you've been following it closely. No I'm not impartial, nobody is completely impartial and yes I have an Android phone and I don't much like using iTunes so I must be a raving fanboy.

• Deleted user 25 August 2012 10:35:13
    disusedgenius wrote:
    If you don't think that human progress is all about taking something which exists, then building on it a bit then... well... you're wrong.
    I never said otherwise, no one is, the point of the case was that Samsung never took that second step. The one step fundamental to the entire patent system. They (Samsung, in this case) just took another's idea... and that was that. It's incredibly that so many are wilfully ignoring that.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last