Another Random Musings Thread Page 487

• Page

of 568 First / Last

• SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 00:41:07 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    heh. What do you think about it Solid?

I actually forgot to close the blinds the other night, woke up about 3am for a pea, walked past the window and usually, our area used to be fantastic for a view of the mega, but Tuesday morning at 3am, it was fucking magnificent. The little tiny bit of the universe I could see was clear, clearest it's been for along time (clear winter sky). It was awesome. I also had a strange realisation the other day, the sun is very low in the sky in the mornings at the moment and very blinding, e.g. for drivers. It stunned us and I think that's the first time it has ever actually looked like a star for me. Very starish, awesome. Anyway, got to work late and thought about Susanna Reid til 10am.

Still powerful little star you are Sun.
    I think I've solved the meaning of the Universe about 8 times under the influence of alcohol. Unfortunately I always forget to write it down. Perhaps I should take a leaf out of your book and use the forum? I can't be arsed making any bogus accounts when I inevitably get GI'd though.
  • SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:03:36 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you'd have thrown a few words like 'Ergo' and 'concurrently' in there I'd have mistaken you for the fucking Architect.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 10 Nov 2012 01:04:17 39,782 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:08:03 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If I didn't know any better I'd say it is one of your socks.
  • RobTheBuilder 10 Nov 2012 01:13:26 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I watched a show the other day, which talked about how everything in the universe effectively is a constant stream of gigantic amounts of data. How the creation of and deletion of data in creatures and nature uses energy.

That got me thinking.

What if the universe isn't made up of distance, it's made up of data?
    If the universe were like a game world, potentially infinite, but restricted by the amount of data. That would mean the more data that is created, the more has to be deleted to maintain the storage capacity.
    What if black holes were actually the erasing of data from a 'full' universe.

Edited by RobTheBuilder at 01:13:59 10-11-2012
  • SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:14:53 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    If I didn't know any better I'd say it is one of your socks.
    Give the man some credit, he's too clever to be me.
    Give yourself some credit. Not many people can say they have worked the Universe the fuck out and then shared it on a gaming forum willy nilly. They will make statues of you one day. Glorious statues made from melted down beer cans and whiskey bottles.
  • mal 10 Nov 2012 01:17:22 22,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Facepalm We won't become stardust soon - we already are stardust. They reckon every element heavier than Helium or so (such as Carbon, or Oxygen) was created by nuclear fusion in the heart of a star. We will probably just end up as atoms on a cold dead rock, or perhaps eaten by a black hole if you're lucky.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:17:29 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    I watched a show the other day, which talked about how everything in the universe effectively is a constant stream of gigantic amounts of data. How the creation of and deletion of data in creatures and nature uses energy.

That got me thinking.

What if the universe isn't made up of distance, it's made up of data?
    If the universe were like a game world, potentially infinite, but restricted by the amount of data. That would mean the more data that is created, the more has to be deleted to maintain the storage capacity.
    What if black holes were actually the erasing of data from a 'full' universe.
    That's the 'Hologram Theory' no? Essentially our universe is a hologram that is on the edge of a fuck off black hole that sucked us up. Or something.
  • mal 10 Nov 2012 01:21:59 22,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKdsRWhyH30&feature=related

• SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:43:00 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think the Universe is just a cog in the chain of something that is beyond our way of thinking or seeing. No way is the Universe all there is. I also think I should stop drinking and logging into forums.
  • mal 10 Nov 2012 01:48:58 22,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAh6fk0KD1c

We pretty are just atoms already, just helpfully arranged into a vaguely sentient structure. But if something big somehow deflects the earth out of the solar system into the coldness of space, so somehow shunts it into such an eccentric orbit that it spends centuries out near the edge of the heliosphere, I reckon the last living thing to survive would probably be bacteria, fixing our nitrogen into a sea of ammonia with carbon croutons floating in it. A frozen sea of ammonia, that is.

More likely is that the earth stays in its current orbit past the point where the sun gets a bad case of the middle-age spread. In which case I think we'd end up as atoms in a hot plasma which eventually cools into a dense ball of stuff if I remember how it goes right.

• SolidSCB 10 Nov 2012 01:52:23 7,379 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    ok solid, with this enjoy being 14 and fuck off.

twats.
    You're a funny one fruit. I was genuinely talking about myself that time. I'm fucking hammered. This was going to be a magical night but I think you've soured it a little nlw. I'm quite upset. Hurt even.
  • Page

of 568 First / Last