Resident Evil Revelations Page 14

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• Jmek 29 Jan 2012 09:44:15 1,293 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well I've managed to get to chapter four so far and It's awesome! This is the first hand held console I've had since the donkey kong game & watch back in the eighties. To say I'm blown away is an understatement. The 3d's superb, and the sound design has been properly shitting me up, and yes I have screamed out loud on a couple of occasions when grabbed from behind by the ooze! No tried Mario as yet but will have a crack later today but overall I'm pretty stoked with the 3DS so far.
  • CharlieStCloud 29 Jan 2012 11:02:00 4,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh my goodness.

The amount of backtracking... it's ridiculous!

... revisiting an area not once, not twice but three times is what I call 'poor show' in terms of padding the game out.

This game also shows just how exceedingly awful the 3DS battery life is; fully charged to flashing red light = a minute or two over two hours (!)

I think I prefer Resident Evil 5 over this so far.

: (
  • INSOMANiAC 29 Jan 2012 11:42:03 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did I really board the ship with chris and have a wander round, only to be told I was actually on another ship, that was identical??? Fuck. Off.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• silversun 29 Jan 2012 11:44:11 149 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The boss type thing on 3rd chapter was one most creepy resident evil moments i have ever seen , so far loving what they done with this game.

Edited by silversun at 11:46:50 29-01-2012
  • kinky_mong 29 Jan 2012 11:53:06 9,597 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    I guess more tense then scary, the bit which starts in the same place as the demo was like this but it wasn't so bad you would shit yourself where you sit or anything.
    Ah so it wasn't this game that was responsible for Mowgli's accident.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• CharlieStCloud 29 Jan 2012 11:58:01 4,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Did I really board the ship with chris and have a wander round, only to be told I was actually on another ship, that was identical??? Fuck. Off.
    Like I said, the game has awful backtracking and repeated areas...

To be fair the water, or lack of gave that part away!

I have to say that while the visuals look pre-rended like the REbirth/REmake on the GameCube, they are startlingly good in places. I cannot fault the developers in that department.
  • J.C 29 Jan 2012 14:09:41 1,258 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very impressed with the visuals. Looks on par with xbox/wii graphics imo. I hope MGS 3 looks as good as this.
  • INSOMANiAC 29 Jan 2012 14:39:02 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Im a bit annoyed about the raid mode, you cant up the difficulty until you've completed the whole game and you only unlock the levels when youve done a chunk of the main game (which I can understand) but you should be able to do each level on a higher difficulty once youve completed it. I want to play raid but theres no points, done the first bunch already and theyre far too easy and pointless. It's almost making me rush through the game just to open them.

Oh, another shit thing. The whole point of reserving ammo is made redundant because when you skip to one of the short areas with another
    character then go back all your ammo is back to full! I hope the hard mode doesnt include this 'feature' its ridiculous.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Raiko101 29 Jan 2012 20:36:14 5,523 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The backtracking is similar to the original isn't it? You had to do quite a lot for the majority of the first game.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Fake_Blood 29 Jan 2012 20:46:37 3,815 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is this a 3DS exclusive?
  • Raiko101 29 Jan 2012 21:05:06 5,523 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It is indeed. Not even a sniff of a hint it'll be ported elsewhere. Capcom are probably the biggest 3rd party supporter of the 3DS at the minute.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 29 January 2012 21:23:33
    Raiko101 wrote:
    The backtracking is similar to the original isn't it? You had to do quite a lot for the majority of the first game.
    That's part of why i like it tbh. It has the old school Resi feeling, back tracking and whatnot included.

The standard enemies are lame though.
  • mal 29 Jan 2012 21:30:21 21,930 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Capcom are probably the biggest 3rd party supporter of the 3DS at the minute.
    Maybe, although Namco seem to be releasing a fair bit for it too.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• MoGamer2006 29 Jan 2012 21:34:16 969 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    You're not kidding - I must've run down that bloody corridor where you get surprised by the dogs jumping through the windows about a million times!

/may be exaggerating
  • DFawkes 29 Jan 2012 21:50:58 22,049 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I keep checking back to see it Zavvi will put the CPP pack back down, and have just seen it's in tomorrows Mega Monday \o/ Here's the link. Thank goodness it changed price :)

Upward to 42.95. Bastards!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Enaksan 29 Jan 2012 22:51:59 2 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've not long finished it and I have to say I really enjoyed it for the most part. The atmosphere was good, it was nice to see Jill and Chris again and the episodic structure was a nice way of laying it all out. Liked the cliff hanger endings of each chapter, and the catch up vids each time you loaded it up. Kept a good pace up.
    However, 2 things did bug me a little. Did anyone else find both maps completely useless? And the rubbish enemies, just masses of grey with different hands. The hunters livened things up a bit but still, here's hoping the grey blobs don't return anytime soon.
    With the CPP I found combat pretty smooth, only issue was even on very fast the aiming was far too slow. Still being able to move and shoot kinda made up for it.

hopefully this spoiler thing works. The 2 last boss fights were also pretty rubbish I thought. The big mother went on far too long, and the last one just didn't seem to show any progress or indication that you were doing the right thing till he changed patterns. Still better than the boat one, but I just found myself getting frustrated not knowing if I was getting anywhere.
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 30 Jan 2012 09:16:15 10,783 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I forgot to pick up the shotgun on Act 3... I FORGOT TO PICK UP THE SHOTGUN!! :cry::cry::cry:

A quick restart and I'm already at Act 2. Grrr...
  • Grump 30 Jan 2012 09:39:20 1,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wondered around for an hour looking for a key for the padlock before realising you can just shoot it. :rolleyes:
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jan 2012 09:39:32 38,857 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sooo errrm worth getting a DS for?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• roz123 30 Jan 2012 09:43:20 7,107 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can always retrace your steps back, although I guess ammo wise you probably caused yourself a bit of extra bother.

I am enjoying this a lot now, onto episode 5 bit where you are waste high in water. I am shit at rapid pressing the y button when caught so have been insta killed twice by those wierd roach looking things.

Anyway here is a stupid french commercial, I haven't watched to it with sound but it would probably still make no sense at all
  • roz123 30 Jan 2012 09:45:34 7,107 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Sooo errrm worth getting a DS for?
    If you are a Resi fan and there are some other games on the system that you fancy then yes.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jan 2012 09:47:50 38,857 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am a Resi fan...BUT nothing else on the 3DS really grabs me as must buy.

I'm not a fan of Zelda either.

Hmmmm

• roz123 30 Jan 2012 09:57:56 7,107 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would leave it a month or two then, see what the general feeling is once a few people have finished with it. Also this is capcom who do port every game to every system they can.
  • mcmonkeyplc 30 Jan 2012 10:05:22 38,857 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds sensible to me. Thanks Roz.

• trav 30 Jan 2012 10:33:56 925 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @roz123 I'd be surprised if you don't see this popping up on the Vita at some point.
  • roz123 30 Jan 2012 10:46:07 7,107 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe but it looks like Nintendo have done a deal with Capcom to fuck over the Vita in Japan. I think it would be more likely to see it on the PS3 or 360 where they can make the most of a large userbase. Not that its guarenteed it will get a port anytime soon.
  • johnson81 30 Jan 2012 10:53:38 368 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finished the single player last night, I found the game to be good but not great. The game started off well but as the game went on I found myself wanting to complete the story asap to unlock the Raid mode.

I did start to get annoyed with the same enemies over and over, especially in the Promenade. The backtracking wasn't as annoying as I thought but going into rooms where bullet sponges were eating my ammo was annoying.

I think I spoilt it by playing Raid mode before completing the story as it play differently than the single player.
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Jan 2012 11:42:26 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The raid mode is just disappointing, the reviews raved about it but its nowhere near as good as mercenaries on resi 4, its basically just chunks of area youve done a million times but you're doing them with a randomer you have no way of communicating with. Unless the hard mode throws up loads of unexpected enemies and mixes it up a lot then it just a waste of battery life playing it. I really wanted to love the raid mode as well :(

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Deleted user 30 January 2012 12:20:21
    I'm enjoying raid mode after playing a couple of stages. It shows how tight the combat is with the CPP and it is very much a "one-more-stage" thing.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 12:20:36 30-01-2012
  • Feanor 30 Jan 2012 14:16:25 13,921 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm waiting for a Vita version with rear touch support.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last