of 18 First / Last

• jack24 7 Dec 2011 20:51:18 284 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds awesome!
  • roz123 8 Dec 2011 09:22:44 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IGN preview that contains lots of small videos that are unfortunatly hampered by adverts and age restrictions. Still worth a look though.
  • neilka 8 Dec 2011 09:27:05 16,228 posts
    Seen 52 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    with a choking atmosphere trapped inside its creaking hull.
    Sounds like me after Christmas dinner.
  • roz123 9 Dec 2011 09:15:47 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IGN have another preview with load of videos the last showed some of the environments this one shows some of the enemies that are replacing the zombies. Its full of spoilers including one of the bosses and enemies who may be more scary if you don't know anything about them.
  • roz123 13 Dec 2011 10:24:38 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IGN seem to be showing a bit of this game everyday or two. Here are 3 more articles and a video preview.
    Perfectly Portable
    Preparing yourself (The last video on the 2nd page is a laugh)
    Scanning

Here is the video preview

Edited by roz123 at 10:25:49 13-12-2011
  • YenRug 18 Dec 2011 23:10:25 2,300 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't know if anyone else has caught it yet, but the Resident Evil Revelations/Circle Pad Pro bundle is being claimed as a Zavvi exclusive:

http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html
  • roz123 19 Dec 2011 00:09:42 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I saw that, great price for both. They are doing an exclusive deal with it in USA aswell. Seems like they are kinda downplaying this add on right now.

There is an hour of footage of Raid mode on this site http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/302805127
    Not great quality and some spoilers, seems quite mad at some points although I only flicked through and watched a couple of mins here and there
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Dec 2011 13:45:00 5,280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Don't know if anyone else has caught it yet, but the Resident Evil Revelations/Circle Pad Pro bundle is being claimed as a Zavvi exclusive.
    Oh, does this mean I cannot simply walk into a shop and pick this up...?
  • YenRug 19 Dec 2011 22:36:40 2,300 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    Don't know if anyone else has caught it yet, but the Resident Evil Revelations/Circle Pad Pro bundle is being claimed as a Zavvi exclusive.
    Oh, does this mean I cannot simply walk into a shop and pick this up...?
    Now that I couldn't tell you, especially as the link doesn't specify that it's only an online exclusive.
  • Deleted user 21 December 2011 00:36:41
    Do you need the circle pad pro to play this?

Still can't wait for this next year.Hope it's as good as 4 but plays a little like Dead Space 2! And that it has a decent yet cheesey plot.
  • roz123 21 Dec 2011 00:43:39 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No need for one as Resi games use stop to shoot controls (although there is a way to move and shoot without the pad). I think you can also use the gyro controls to aim which is something I really want to try even though it means turning 3d off and looking like a fool
  • Deleted user 21 December 2011 18:36:39
    @roz123 Thanks man.
  • roz123 28 Dec 2011 09:12:45 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Another review: 9/10 in nintendo power

A demo got released on Japanese eShop this week, its similar to one shown to press at E3 or one of the others. Its got English and Japanese voices included so hopefully it will be here soon as there can't be much stopping them.
    Here is a video, it looks very good.
    http://youtu.be/30OhyOesrek
  • JinTypeNoir 29 Dec 2011 11:00:48 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh my lordy. If the demo is any indication this game kicks mad ass. It has all the classic Biohazard thrills: tightly controlled spaces where you can't see around corners and enemies you know are waiting, but don't know where yet, restricted ammo requiring you to be resourceful, little paper muffling sounds when you flips through different pages of a file, examining the environment for puzzle items and solving illogical puzzles, its all there.

The atmosphere is so creepy, I had trouble stealing myself to look around corners or open doors, the incredible graphics and great use of 3D make it far, far scarier than it I'm guessing it normally would be. There are tons of control options, so you can use the gyro to aim or a button, use the touch screen to switch weapons and reload quickly, or press a button or the d-pad. There are touch screen puzzles as well.

Basically its an awesome blend of old and new Resident Evil. After playing the demo, I was convinced to buy it on the first day. Brilliant, brilliant. If you own a Japanese 3DS for imports or whatever, don't be hesitant to try it out. You can change the language and voice acting in the options menu, so give it a try even if you don't understand Japanese.
  • mcmonkeyplc 29 Dec 2011 11:10:03 39,467 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well I guess I'm buying a 3DS then. God fucking damnit! :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deleted user 29 December 2011 11:12:54
    Looking forward to this, odd that this game has japanese language option, that's a first isn't it?
  • roz123 29 Dec 2011 11:27:21 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure but the full game is going to also have German, Italian, French and Spanish voices.
    http://youtu.be/k8f-2yoTfHQ

I put my preorder down for this and the extra analogue stick at Zavvi today (had 30 cash for christmas that needed to be spent before its gone on food and fags)

Edited by roz123 at 11:28:20 29-12-2011
  • mcmonkeyplc 29 Dec 2011 11:32:36 39,467 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Are they going to do a special RE bundle for this game?

• GuiltySpark 29 Dec 2011 11:36:56 6,421 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know there are different control schemes but how well does it actually work without the circle pad pro? Trying to play MGS Peace Walker on the PSP was horrific for me.

Get bent.

• roz123 29 Dec 2011 11:43:54 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do you mean a 3DS + Game bundle? I have heard nothing about one yet.

It should control as well as any other RE game without the circle pad pro (possibly better if the gyro controls are good)
  • mcmonkeyplc 29 Dec 2011 12:11:39 39,467 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah a 3DS plus game bundle.

I'll wait till launch. Maybe I'll find a really cheap 3DS before hand but I doubt it.

• uiruki 29 Dec 2011 13:06:39 3,708 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I know there are different control schemes but how well does it actually work without the circle pad pro? Trying to play MGS Peace Walker on the PSP was horrific for me.
    The controls are fine, perfectly comfortable without the extra circle pad. The game's areas are generally tight enough that you don't need to turn rapidly outside of the quick turn back+B shortcut, and the aiming response is good, with the slide pad proving itself useful. My only real issue is the initial button bindings - having quick herb on A is a bit of a pain!

The demo got me quite excited about this game. It strikes an excellent balance between fighting tough enemies, exploring with the scanner and general atmosphere. Even in the demo, the battles can get to be rather claustrophobic. After the incredibly framey MGS 3D demo, it also shows you exactly what the 3DS hardware can do, although MGS has probably the best 3D effect I've seen on the machine yet.

Edited by uiruki at 13:45:46 29-12-2011
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Dec 2011 16:55:48 14,958 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...god I have not got time for another console, but this game is making me want a 3ds. Amazon have the lovely white edition + Mario for 150, what to do!

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• JinTypeNoir 29 Dec 2011 20:38:40 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The gyro controls are especially great. I'm pretty good by now at keeping the 3D effect and tilting the system, so it was no problem for me. Obviously the increased aiming fidelity of gyro both makes aiming a snap and harder -- because you actually have to physically look the monster in the face to face shoot them it can be hard not to lose your shit and want to run away. Especially since the fuckers are coming at you in 3D, arg, that one room! Scared me out of my brain!

Another neat edition is the scanner, turning around and scanning your environment for items and pickups and info is an addiction and adds greatly to the feeling of exploration. Also if you scan enemy corpses, a percent meter rises gradually for each corpse, when it gets to 100% ... I don't know what happens! But its a new mechanic!

As well if you lose a certain amount of health or get hit in a certain way, you are down on your ass or knees and won't be able to get up until it seems that you defeat the monster, giving that great horror movie feel of the protagonist being knocked down and helpless. I also think you can't use herbs if you get knocked down, at least it didn't seem like I could.

Not sure how I feel about moving and shooting at the same time. Because I've played so much Resident Evil, I didn't do it much and when I did it didn't seem to affect much.
  • el_pollo_diablo 30 Dec 2011 00:23:58 2,106 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Make or break question for me: do I have to press a button each time I walk over money and/or ammo?

It's the one thing about RE games that drives me mad.
  • uiruki 30 Dec 2011 02:38:02 3,708 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Make or break question for me: do I have to press a button each time I walk over money and/or ammo?

It's the one thing about RE games that drives me mad.
    You do, but it doesn't ask you if you want to pick up the bullets. It just says "you picked up some bullets" when you press the button. Confirming you wanted to pick up ammo drove me slightly insane considering the balance between the number of times I did want to pick them up and the times I wanted to leave them alone.

Jin reminded me - the 'getting knocked down' mechanic is very tense. It's certainly the closest I've come to a real feeling of desperation for a good while in RE: being knocked flat on your back, the enemy shambling forward for the kill while you frantically unload your pistol into it, making it flinch long enough to get the crosshair high enough for an attempt at a headshot to kill the enemy as quickly as possible.
  • Raiko101 30 Dec 2011 13:38:55 6,409 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I know your question has already been answered, but to reiterate uiruki's point, I played both this and MGS at the Eurogamer Expo and picked this one up straight away. I didn't have a single issue with the controls and was moving around and aiming perfectly. MGS, however, was a complete nightmare. I spent a good 10 minutes fighting the controls and had to give up. I couldn't play it.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• johnson81 12 Jan 2012 22:23:18 381 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I pre-ordered this earlier from Zavvi, considering the circle pad will cost 15 on its own, 35 for both game and pad doesn't seem to bad. Apparently GamesTM gave this a 6/10, shame but I'll enjoy playing through it anyway.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last