Football Manager 2012 Page 9

• Page

of 9 First / Last

Next
  • Shikasama 4 Jun 2012 23:44:25 6,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry Grayson, not experienced anything like that.

I'm in 2028 now, I turned Tottenham into European powerhouses, won the South Korean league (Chuunam), Russian League (Lokomotiv), South African League (Sundowns) and now I'm still with Mapton and Richmond, having taken them from Blue Square South to the CHampionship, spending a grand total of 120k in the process.

Finding it tough going in the Champ though. I've lucked into (thanks to strict wage budgets from the board) actually running the club at a profit but I want to be tickling promotion within 2 years so I can piss off to the MLS.

This has been by far the longest FM game I've ever played and I've really enjoyed it. I really hope the next version actually tries something a bit more innovative though, rather than "865 features!" that you'll never use.
  • graysonavich 5 Jun 2012 04:00:20 6,805 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Turning my PC off and on again seemed to actually help :D It's not done it since! Fingers crossed.

Loving the game. There's just something about them you don't get anywhere else.
  • El_MUERkO 5 Jun 2012 07:03:53 16,836 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In my fourth season at Stockport, got them into the Championship only to loose out in the play-off final to Blackpool. We're currently top of the table with young squad. Only thing really bothering me is the failure to get a work permit for a youngster from Uruguay who will be the next Messi. Some shitty Spanish team bought him :-(
  • RedSparrows 21 Jun 2012 21:56:22 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still on FM2008.

Torquay 2-1 Real Madrid, CL semi--final.

Only trouble is, lost the first one in Spain 1-0. :(

Really proud of my team, especially as 75% of it is made up of regens I bought ultra cheap/frees, all of whom are under 22. Dupuis, Saunders, Ricka, Camara, Sosnov, Ives, Clarke, Bown... but most of all, Stephane Perriera. Unbelievable. Striker stats through the roof, scored 42 goals last season.

Bought him from Rouen for 550k. Now worth 36 million.

Edited by RedSparrows at 21:57:31 21-06-2012
  • RedSparrows 21 Jun 2012 22:06:14 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also, I signed a young Serb regen called Beilic, on a free. He was 17, and didn't get a work permit, but came all the same.

Languished in my U18s for two years, then reserves. No WP.

Gets two U21 caps, gets WP. BOSH. 15 goals in 24 games, 33 clubs want him (as SOON as the WP kicks in, bastards), Chelsea buy him for 23 million.

Good bit of business by my scout, tbh. All this the season I got into the PL, and so the 23 million let me buy a seriously depressed VdV from Man Utd and a couple of squad players that beat the injuries later in the season! Haha, silly Chelsea.

Edited by RedSparrows at 22:07:17 21-06-2012
  • RedSparrows 29 Jun 2012 10:55:56 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    World cup semis.

England vs Nigeria.

3-1 up, 78 mins gone. I'm thinking 'yeah yeah, final!'

Nigeria score 2 in 5 minutes. I go ape-shit.

Extra time...goes.

Penalties. The WORST shoot-out EVER. It ended 4-2 to England (phew) after NINE PENALTIES EACH. Unbelievable. Every other kick was 'SHIIIIITTTT!!'
  • Shikasama 1 Jul 2012 15:28:00 6,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mwahaha, finally my English Hero cheevo!

Now to get relegated in epic style
  • RedSparrows 22 Sep 2012 22:03:14 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FFS.

On yet another Torquay-to-the-top mission. Win PL after a two seasons in the top flight - well chuffed.

I think: great, my young team (Corradini, Smeets [regen], MacLeod[regen], Tichy[regen] - you get the idea) will be pleased too, and stick with me!

Not a bit of it.

'**** wants to leave' x 5

FU all.
  • RedSparrows 23 Sep 2012 22:28:07 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's that star U21 Cm? You want to join a Chelsea, 6th in the league and out of the CL, instead of staying at top of table Torquay, who are in the knockout stages?

Fine, you join that 'bigger club'. FU, good lick getting games with fat Frank still sliming around.
  • graysonavich 23 Sep 2012 22:40:16 6,805 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm such a jew with transfers and contracts. I'll nurture a kid from 15 all the way through his teens but the second someone offers me over 20m for him he's fucking dust.

I'd do better with 'Chairman Manager 2012'. Currently sitting with a 240m transfer budget, 3rd in the richlist (I'm coming for you Barca) but I will still argue for 5k less on a contract or transfer.

Edited by graysonavich at 22:40:32 23-09-2012
  • RedSparrows 24 Sep 2012 12:17:09 20,760 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate selling my young players. This guy - I loved him: bought at 16 for 250k, is now 20 and is superb, with fantastic passing, vision, positioning etc - I gave him his way into football. Real controlling midfielder. Then Chelsea 25 million and I think 'well, that is a lot of money'. I was more annoyed at the fact he wanted to leave.

I beat Chelsea 3-0 away 2 weeks later. They are now ninth, and I just beat Real Madrid 4-3 on aggregate in the second round of the CL. Fuck you, traitor.
  • Futaba 24 Sep 2012 12:36:33 3,432 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    I'm such a jew with transfers and contracts. I'll nurture a kid from 15 all the way through his teens but the second someone offers me over 20m for him he's fucking dust.

I'd do better with 'Chairman Manager 2012'. Currently sitting with a 240m transfer budget, 3rd in the richlist (I'm coming for you Barca) but I will still argue for 5k less on a contract or transfer.
    Would you refuse to sign a player who you'd know would be absolutely brilliant for your team, but him or his agent were asking for super expensive signing-on fees/wages?

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• graysonavich 24 Sep 2012 13:03:58 6,805 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I rarely buy game superstars but I'll quite happily turf out an 8-8.5 average per game player if he wants a ridiculous weekly wage on a new contract yeah.

On my current save (2019-20) Man City are something like 160m on wages on that little process screen 'leaderboard'. I quite like being 6 time back to back PL winners and double back to back CL winners whilst sitting mid salary table.

I care more about the finances than the game wants me to. It's really annoying.

My domestic player tab went down to a pixel at the end of last season. I think I only had 2 English men in my entire squad. So I'm currently in the process of filling the entire first 11 with English players. Proving to be almost impossible as most of the decent youth seem to be contracted to Man United (who fucking hate me) or they're Arsenal kids who flat out don't want to sign for Spurs.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 8 Oct 2012 18:00:34 24,575 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't find a 2013 thread anywhere, so thought I'd stick this here. Anyway, this sounds like one of the best ideas the series has had in a while:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/08/a-chip-to-the-past-fm-2013-classic-mode/#more-127030

I haven't played FM properly in years as it all takes so long now and there's far too much depth for my short attention span. I can completely see the appeal of that for others, but I do miss the simpler days of old school Champ. The first three videos could tempt me right back in again.
  • vijay_UK 8 Oct 2012 18:51:46 1,678 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Can't find a 2013 thread anywhere, so thought I'd stick this here. Anyway, this sounds like one of the best ideas the series has had in a while:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/08/a-chip-to-the-past-fm-2013-classic-mode/#more-127030

I haven't played FM properly in years as it all takes so long now and there's far too much depth for my short attention span. I can completely see the appeal of that for others, but I do miss the simpler days of old school Champ. The first three videos could tempt me right back in again.
    I'm in the same boat. I really could have used Football Manager Classic in last years version. Paid for it to play on launch, got bored in a few sessions and that was that. Promised myself I'd never buy it again - just too much to do.

And now they introduce FMC which seems just ideal for someone like myself. Will probably buy it now.

In an ideal world - FMC with the interface from Championship Manager 97/98.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Next