• thefilthandthefury 12 Feb 2012 21:49:05 24,983 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Feb 2012 19:09:40 24,983 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/39782-megapack-home-thread-latest-update-405/page__s__18aba8d6bc9fe6c1a31f7fc6efe94a32

This is the best facepack I think
    It does look pretty good, but they appear to have made actually downloading it a right pain :(
  • Shikasama 14 Feb 2012 14:38:31 6,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm at a bit of an emotional crossroads now. I've just won the league for the 5th consecutive year (on 30 games) and I feel like I'd quite fancy swapping leagues for a bit. Problem is I have signed so many promising youth players, I really want to develop them and see which ones turn into world beaters.

I'm also concerned that if i go to a 'lesser' league, even if I win my reputation will decay to the point where I won't get offered top jobs again.
  • RedSparrows 15 Feb 2012 23:41:24 22,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    (08 version, soz)

Odd thing. Managing Motril, a tiny Spanish club, in Second Division B4. I'm in 6th, near the end of the season. Need to be in 4th for Promotion chance. Could do it.

Yet my rep is continental. WHAT? I'm being mooted, in the media, as possible management material at Aachen, Cadiz, Seville, Bochum, Werder Bremen, Porto, Sporting, and incredibly, Man Utd.

..?!?!?!
  • Kosmoz 16 Feb 2012 00:05:14 7,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What did you set as yr past experience? Was that even in the 08 version?

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• RedSparrows 16 Feb 2012 00:14:56 22,214 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ohhh yeah. I think I was... um, a prof footballer. But Motril. 6th. Really?
  • Kosmoz 16 Feb 2012 00:20:29 7,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First season yr past experience sets yr rep. So if you start at a big team you aren't some nobody.

• MysteryLamb 21 Feb 2012 20:53:21 525 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just about to start season 6 with Everton (one euro cup and 2 back to back fa cups plus a 3rd place spot in the league last year due to investing heavily in awsome youth) and a bombshell hits.

Barcalona offer me their job with a transfer pot of 240 million and space in the monthly wage bill of over 11 million.

Not sure what step to make....
  • vijay_UK 21 Feb 2012 21:00:29 2,103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:
    Just about to start season 6 with Everton (one euro cup and 2 back to back fa cups plus a 3rd place spot in the league last year due to investing heavily in awsome youth) and a bombshell hits.

Barcalona offer me their job with a transfer pot of 240 million and space in the monthly wage bill of over 11 million.

Take the Barca job and sign Ross Barkley for 150m. That way you won't feel guilty about jumping a clearly sinking ship.
  • Shikasama 21 Feb 2012 22:39:36 6,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:

Honestly I'd say stay at Everton. If you ahve spent this on youth you want to see them develop and I assume you haven't capture dthe Premiership yet?

After spells at Colchester and QPR I spent 5 years at Tottenham, won 5 league trophies, 3 Champ Leagues, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and all of the Europ Super Cup/Club World Championships. I'm not saying this to brag, but I got seriously bored with just winning everything.

I resigned (mourinho took over and Real offered me their job, although not with quite the financials your Barca have!) and I'm now the manager of a struggling Chuunam Dragons in South Korea and enjoying the game a lot more again.

Also, it is fucking SOUL DESTROYING watching the AI dismantle your team. Jose sent out Marco Veratti on line. He had 18 league assists the season before!
  • motti82 22 Feb 2012 10:17:43 2,872 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MysteryLamb wrote:

Make a new save, to mix things up. I had steered Rochdale into the prem on fm10, AC Milan offered me the job outright after sacking Van Basten. Rude not to make a new save file.
  • MysteryLamb 22 Feb 2012 20:04:11 525 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've decided (after hiving off a save just in case) to reject Barca and stay with Everton partly for the reasons a few of you have suggested (we haven't won the prem yet, I want to bring on my amazing youth, I don't want to watch the AI destroy my work) but also because the red and blue of Barcelona clash so violently along the top of the screen that I fear migraines permanent mental damage :)
  • ResidentKnievel 26 Feb 2012 21:47:02 6,162 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a bit worrying when your 16 year old striker does the baby-cradling celebration after scoring a goal.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Rajin 26 Feb 2012 22:25:20 619 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @ResidentKnievel

Maybe if you'll play long enough you get to see his son in action....
  • DerpSalad 28 Feb 2012 23:34:53 23 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm hoping that FM13 has an option to just sign players, sort out the tactics and play games, CM0102 style. As good as FM12 is, I found it more fun blasting through a season in a night in the days of yore. I don't really want to bother arguing with players or press.
  • vijay_UK 28 Feb 2012 23:46:43 2,103 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DerpSalad wrote:
    I'm hoping that FM13 has an option to just sign players, sort out the tactics and play games, CM0102 style. As good as FM12 is, I found it more fun blasting through a season in a night in the days of yore. I don't really want to bother arguing with players or press.
    Totally agree with this. I've wasted 30 on the game, I simply can't get past the friendlies stage in season 1 with any team I pick now. Wycombe was a blast for a few hrs when I first got the game, but the game's micro management is dreadful and an absolute chore. Won't buy it again. The CM2 interface and gameplay works best for me.
  • Stickman 1 Apr 2012 22:15:33 29,664 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hah! I just got April Fooled by FM12. God damn it!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• MysteryLamb 1 Apr 2012 22:20:32 525 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    eh?
  • Stickman 1 Apr 2012 22:42:02 29,664 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I guess because I was playing it on April 1st and it was April 1st in game.

In my news bit it said "The board wish to grant you 500m for a new stadium and to bolster the squad. Please click on Accept to confirm you want this bonus". Then when you click Accept a box pops up saying "You didn't think we'd make it that easy for you, did you?"

Bastards!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• lucky_jim 1 Apr 2012 22:48:49 5,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hehe that's pretty good.
  • faux_carnation 17 Apr 2012 22:53:55 9,172 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I'm in the first season of a "start unemployed", LLaMa game. I take the first job offer I get, which is Droylsden, 19th in the BSN.

So far, it's played 8, won 5, drawn 2 and lost 1. Scored 9, conceded 4. I've just beaten Southport from the BSP to get into the first round proper of the FA cup.

"The fans are slightly concerned that despite the good recent results the football played by the club has been less than exciting"

What more do they want? FFS!
  • Kosmoz 23 Apr 2012 23:29:57 7,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlos Fierro is a fucking goal machine. Sign him up. All of you.

• MysteryLamb 26 Apr 2012 23:29:50 525 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Carlos Fierro is a fucking goal machine. Sign him up. All of you.
    Feb 2018 in my current game (190 hours!) and he is currently 23, playing for Inter and worth 19m. If I was starting again with a few pennies to spend I might well nab him as he has a pretty decent scoring record and average rating in the current season of about 7.4.

He isn't as good as my 21 yr old German striker though (who I've had since he was 16) Senad Kukic, but I think he's a regen so unique. He was the highest scoring player last year in the prem netting 38 out of 27 games. I spend big when they are young - he cost me 16.5m, more than his age.

I just spent 20m on a new 16yr old. In 100 hours or so I be able to tell if it was worth it. Actually if it wasn't he'll probably have been sold on by then to cut my loss.

This FM is the best yet I reckon. Not perfect of course but definitely the best game to play when the TV is on...
  • Blotto 18 May 2012 23:08:21 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So I have the Bundesliga and the premier league as my active leagues, yet it seems I can't apply to jobs in the premier league, or even check their job security.

Any idea of how to change that/whats happening?
  • Blotto 20 May 2012 12:46:43 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bump.

Sorry but this is really annoying and I've been googling it for ages with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Kosmoz 20 May 2012 12:55:34 7,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Go to the job security screen and click the filters bit at the side and change it to all countries or whatever. I had to do it when I changed from Scotland and England to England and Spain. That's how I got from Hamilton to Real Madrid in 6 seasons.

• Blotto 20 May 2012 13:00:03 2,772 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ah, you're a genius (or i'm an idiot) thank you!
  • asha 31 May 2012 04:27:12 1,991 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• asha 31 May 2012 04:30:56 1,991 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OM are bonkers in my game

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• graysonavich 3 Jun 2012 21:46:01 7,319 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Returning to the series after 6 years out.

I downloaded the yaaaar copy to see if I had the itch again, turns out I did. However after a few game time months I started getting random crashdump errors. Then for some reason the GPU usage goes up to 100% on the 3D match engine screen (it normally sits around 20%) forcing it down to low settings.

Brushed it off thinking it was just a crappy warez version so I bought it on Steam earlier than planned.

Just hit January, exact same fucking problem.

Anyone else experiencing this here? I've done a little bit of searching around but the general level of computer intelligence for the userbase is pretty low (graphics problem = my player pictures!), so the minefield of retardisms on the forums are normally covered in "turn your PC off and on again" tech support.

Edited by graysonavich at 21:47:25 03-06-2012
  • Page

of 9 First / Last