Football Manager 2012 Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• lucky_jim 17 Dec 2011 20:45:32 5,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Aargh.

I tried that, I can't see the option anywhere. There are all sorts of conversation options but it doesn't seem to be one of them, unless I'm missing something.
  • AaronTurner 25 Dec 2011 15:09:37 7,736 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's been a long slog but finally in the 7th season Peterhead have won their first major trophy, an unexpected surprise, The Scottish Cup. Europe next season woo!!
  • Kosmoz 27 Dec 2011 12:11:32 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this for Christmas. I am addicted. Playing as Hamilton, half way through October I have won all but two of my matches.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• Kostabi 27 Dec 2011 12:31:16 4,925 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sunk 100+ hours into FM'11 getting Bath City to just league one. I'm scared to buy this. :(
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Dec 2011 14:22:35 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Got this for Christmas. I am addicted. Playing as Hamilton, half way through October I have won all but two of my matches.
    You'll get the urge to frig about with something sooner or later and screw up the equilibrium..

I did anyway.. Thought I was being clever tactically.
  • Kosmoz 27 Dec 2011 14:25:06 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't plan on changing anything, I'm top of the league, I've won the Challenge cup, and I've made it to the semi-final of the league cup by putting out two SPL teams. As long as I can keep my key players happy, I don't plan on changing anything, other than trying to sign a more prolific striker.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Dec 2011 14:30:36 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I took West Ham to the playoffs; finished third but lost and they fired me.

I used a vanilla 442 with Sturridge and Macheda on loan up front. Pity really I think I could have made it, second season.
  • Kosmoz 27 Dec 2011 16:59:09 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My 36 year old centre back has just scored his hat trick, fourteen minutes in to the game.

• Kosmoz 27 Dec 2011 19:39:06 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    One of the players in my youth candidate squad is called Stuart Stewart. \o/

• kentmonkey 27 Dec 2011 20:08:37 20,683 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    I took West Ham to the playoffs; finished third but lost and they fired me.

I used a vanilla 442 with Sturridge and Macheda on loan up front. Pity really I think I could have made it, second season.
    In previous FM's I've been fired for very stupid reasons 'oh you've only won the Champions League and the Premiership, we're firing you for not winning the FA Cup'. When that happens, I boot up the editor, and stick myself back in charge.

Some could call it cheating, I prefer to look at it as human's still being better than AI.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Dec 2011 21:19:43 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Heh,I considered doing that
  • vijay_UK 27 Dec 2011 22:18:38 2,149 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    My 36 year old centre back has just scored his hat trick, fourteen minutes in to the game.
    Surely there must must be an achievement for that!

FM, one of the few games where the achievement system works well.
  • RedSparrows 11 Jan 2012 10:42:37 22,672 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still on FM2008. Third season at Sampdoria, won the league last season.

Beat Marseille 7-4 in a pre season, was an amazing game. Then Inter 2-1, Fiorentina 3-0, Roma 3-1. Ahhhh.
  • Shikasama 16 Jan 2012 14:18:37 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is definitley one of the most enjoyable careers I've had.

!st Season - Colchester - Finished 7th

2nd Season - QPR - Finished 3rd, promoted via playoffs

3rd Season - Tottenham - Finished 1st in the Premiership, knocked out in both cups, not in European competition. Sold a lot of their players who they bought for ludicrous money. Also sold Modric for 19 mil as I couldn't fit him in my team.

4th Season - Tottenham - 1st in Prem, League Cup, FA Cup, knocked out in Champs League in first knockout stage by a Porto team that BATTERED me.

5th Season - Tottenahm - 1st in Prem (unbeaten, drew 10 games though), FA Cup, Champions League (Beating Man Utd 2-1 in the final), knocked out in the League Cup fourth rounf. Took the England job at the end of the season to do both at once.

Not sure what my next step is now. I absolutely suck at the transfer market and I have a lot of young players at Tottenham I'd like to see develop. I think if I moved now, it would only be to somewhere like Barcelona or Madrid. I've turned down offers from FC Bayern and Man City during my career.

I suppose I could potentially load up some random leagues and have a crack.
  • Kosmoz 16 Jan 2012 14:22:06 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My career, Hamilton Accies:

Season 1 - Challenge Cup winners and First Division winners

Season 2 - Turn down the Portsmouth job, finish 5th in the SPL, miss out on Europe.

Season 3 - Somehow win the SPL, with a draw at Celtic Park in the final game of the season, turn down the Bristol City job in order to have a crack at Europe.

Season 4, so far - Get through two qualifiers for Champ League, still got one to go and about to defend my league title, board expect Europa at least. Might be my last season before making the step up to Championship/EPL.

• Shikasama 16 Jan 2012 14:35:52 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I must admit I found the pressur jump from Colchester - QPR - Tottenham immense. I think I actually preferred it when I was allowed to lose a few games!

I'm on a nasty cycle now as well. To maintain my success I have expensive players, but my stadium is shit. Although I have a ne wone to be finished next year, it is still sub 50k capacity. This means that for financil stability I NEED to win the Champs League and Premiership. Although I have always used much less than budgeted for wages, the club still pisses money until I get that prize casha t the end of the season.
  • Kosmoz 16 Jan 2012 14:46:19 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have a shit stadium too, but I don't have the fans to require a better one. Thankfully TV money and a few big player sales keep me in the money. The end of the season prize money of 1 million helps too. But as I mostly buy free transfers and transfer listed players, most of my money goes on wages. All my best signings have been free though.

• Shikasama 16 Jan 2012 14:57:48 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah that's pretty much what I've tried to set myself up for now. I'm lucky in that the first time strikers I bought in my first season at the club (Pedro and Leandro Damiao) or not only excellent, but relatively useful.

This summer I signed a lot of south american youngsters on free transfers. No doubt some of them won't make it but it might mean that over the next couple of years I can get away with just filling the odd gap.
  • Kosmoz 16 Jan 2012 15:04:54 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I recommend you take a look at some African youngsters too, I signed an 18 year old Zambian right back for pennies and now a lot of top English teams are after him. Plus in my game Nigeria won the World Cup.

• vijay_UK 16 Jan 2012 18:18:42 2,149 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    First time Chelsea's new stadium isn't named after me. I am so offended.
    They should call it Winston Bogarde's Theatre of Dreams.
  • Shikasama 16 Jan 2012 19:22:44 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd buy a Jimmy Floyd Hasslebox
  • Shikasama 16 Jan 2012 21:46:41 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is annoying, with me taking the England job alongside my Tottenham duties I can no longer see the player reports on their profile overview unless they are english.
  • faux_carnation 16 Jan 2012 22:39:32 9,336 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can feel the FM itch developing again. It's been 4 months since my epic 16 year journey from BSN to Premier League winners with Blyth Spartans.

MUST. RESIST.
  • Shikasama 17 Jan 2012 08:46:32 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Darlington have a job opening for you FC
  • Shikasama 17 Jan 2012 09:22:46 6,832 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Damn, Just had a rumour that a consortium is planning to take me over.

Should I be worried?
  • heavy_salad 17 Jan 2012 09:34:29 723 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you're doing well, no. If you're struggling, yes.
  • Kosmoz 26 Jan 2012 15:00:11 7,692 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chelsea manager gets the sack, nothing out of the ordinary there. Something in the news story did catch my eye though. "Presumably once Chelsea have got rid of the usual 'Football Manager' applications, they can proceed with a view to appointing someone with real life experience."

• thefilthandthefury 12 Feb 2012 20:37:05 25,019 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is there a definitive download to put in all the right kits, cup names and player pictures? I want decent ones that look like the 'real deal', like the other ones in the game.
  • heavy_salad 12 Feb 2012 21:29:37 723 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/39782-megapack-home-thread-latest-update-405/page__s__18aba8d6bc9fe6c1a31f7fc6efe94a32

This is the best facepack I think
  • Page

of 9 First / Last