E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • DarkBytes 14 Aug 2011 12:52:27 25 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    was just wondering why this didnt get any covarage on EG, it would have been good to read a review.

I have read elsewhere its a mixed bag, but created by a small development house, low price and has some excellent ideas, but dosnt completly come together.

I just thought this would have been a worthy title for you guys to review, pc only titler, small crew, cheap price, some great creativity ?
  • JoeBlade 14 Aug 2011 15:56:36 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been eyeing - hur hur - this game for a while now. The trailer somehow reminds me of Hellgate: London, which definitely isn't a bad thing (I quite liked Hellgate despite its many flaws)

Could just as well be great as absolutely abysmal from what little I've seen of the game though, so some feedback from EG or players who tried it would definitely be welcome.
  • funkyd 14 Aug 2011 16:03:12 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiantBomb did a quick look on it: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-eye-divine-cybermancy/17-4682/
  • monkehhh 14 Aug 2011 16:15:21 3,497 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RPS had a decent look at it, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/29/thoughts-on-e-y-e-divine-cybermancy/ - sounds wonky but fun.
  • JoeBlade 14 Aug 2011 16:30:56 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers!

Those reviews left me even more undecided though; in both cases the reviewer sounded/read as if they couldn't decide whether they like the game either :s

I think I'll just wait until some more reviews are in or TotalBiscuit does a WTF on it or something, although it certainly looks like this game has potential.
  • funkyd 14 Aug 2011 18:30:04 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    TotalBiscuit

People actually like this guy?
  • JoeBlade 14 Aug 2011 21:05:51 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    TotalBiscuit

?

He frequently "reviews" (= plays through from the start while speaking his mind as he goes along) indie/less known PC titles in 10+ minute youtube clips, giving a fairly good insight into the nature of a game.

I don't understand what (dis)liking the chap has to do with anything in that context...
  • funkyd 15 Aug 2011 02:28:44 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    funkyd wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    TotalBiscuit

?

He frequently "reviews" (= plays through from the start while speaking his mind as he goes along) indie/less known PC titles in 10+ minute youtube clips, giving a fairly good insight into the nature of a game.

I don't understand what (dis)liking the chap has to do with anything in that context...

He seems like a bit of an idiot, and at a guess I'd say he's popular because Americans love "wacky" British people. There's other people and websites which do the same sort of thing far better, such as Giantbomb and the video I linked above.
  • Scimarad 15 Aug 2011 08:35:13 8,633 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After watching that Giant Bomb thing I'm still none the wiser and just as intrigued!
  • Lukey__b 15 Aug 2011 09:41:29 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I watched some of Giantbombs QL. I don't think they were any the wiser* either. Does look very interesting though. something I'd go for if it hits under a fiver on steam during a sale.

*is that the correct way to say that phrase?

'Sup, what's guanine?

• JoeBlade 12 Nov 2011 14:30:13 2,630 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've picked this up at half price from Steam yesterday and it is indeed not nearly as bad as the EG review made out. I quite like the style, sort of a mix of Hellgate: London, Deus Ex and Ghost in the Shell.
    The controls are a bit clunky though (esp. the radial actions menu) and the environments just seem too bleak and static. I'm sure that's what the devs were aiming for but they went overboard IMO.

I'm also getting my arse handed to me already in the first mission; I bumped into a couple of turrets I just can't seem to get by. Too hard to hack and apparently indestructible.
    Perhaps I'm merely not meant to go that way but even then it's an odd setting.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next