Best way to sell a Nikon D200

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • pistol 10 Aug 2011 09:38:50 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I'm selling my D200 after upgrading to a D7000, and wondered whether I should sell the body seperately from the extras. I have a battery grip and a couple of spare batteries to go with it.

If you were to Ebay it, would you sell together or seperately?

thanks
  • Concrete 10 Aug 2011 10:42:24 570 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How much does a decent condition second hand DSLR go for these days?
  • monkman76 10 Aug 2011 11:48:54 4,139 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Difficult to answer that briefly, as there are so many models from low-end consumer up to fully pro, and then several generations of those too. Low-end Canon or Nikon that's say a generation old maybe 150-200? Guessing though. Check ebay!

pistol - I guess I'd sell them together unless the grip and batteries are compatible with several models (not just the D200). But I don't know much about selling on ebay.
  • SG 10 Aug 2011 11:49:15 1,892 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would create a post on a gaming forum posing like you are asking how to sell it but really just making it obvious that it's for sale.

;)

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• Gartt 10 Aug 2011 12:13:26 1,735 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I sold a D40 on ebay last year with minimal hassle. The selling fees are getting prohibitive though. I did have to relist a video camera though as there are quite a few timewasters from eastern europe always lurking around in electronics auctions.
  • pistol 10 Aug 2011 13:42:20 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SG wrote:
    I would create a post on a gaming forum posing like you are asking how to sell it but really just making it obvious that it's for sale.

;)

Behave yourself...

I'll have no difficulty at all shifting it on Ebay and it was a genuine question. I've sold other camera equipment on there and done pretty well tbh.

• coda 10 Aug 2011 14:01:34 1,868 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gartt wrote:
    I sold a D40 on ebay last year with minimal hassle. The selling fees are getting prohibitive though. I did have to relist a video camera though as there are quite a few timewasters from eastern europe always lurking around in electronics auctions.

I had the same problem with asian bidders when I was trying to sell my dslr, I solved the problem by restricting bidders to those based in the UK only.

I wish I hadn't bothered though as ebay took 50 of my earnings through "final value fees" and other such fees.

#ihateebay
  • pistol 10 Aug 2011 14:16:47 13,019 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    coda wrote:
    Gartt wrote:

I had the same problem with asian bidders when I was trying to sell my dslr, I solved the problem by restricting bidders to those based in the UK only.

I wish I hadn't bothered though as ebay took 50 of my earnings through "final value fees" and other such fees.

#ihateebay

I always sell to UK only and usually also ask for immediate payment.
  • Deleted user 11 August 2011 09:35:27
    I was in the same position with the ancient D100 but there's no way I'm selling it for 75 or whatever it's worth it. I'd rather keep it and hand it to the kid when he's old enough to use it. For now he sticks to the rugged Fisher Price camera :)

http://portables.about.com/od/kidselectronics/fr/Review-Fisher-Price-Kid-Tough-Digital-Camera.htm
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next