Splinter Cell HD Trilogy out Tomorrow On PSN Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 12 August 2011 04:32:56
    I'm downloading/installing all three and writing off the rest of my weekend.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2011 09:23:21
    DUFFKING wrote:
    I can mix and match, I always invert for the flying stuff that I've played (Ace Combat, Freespace etc).

This. I invert Y for flight sims but play FPSs in an "up is up" manner. Third person stuff I just use what they give me - I'm happy with "up is up" and "left is left" but the fact that the character's on screen acting like a pivot means my brain doesn't spaz out if they force me to use any kind of inversion
  • Deleted user 12 August 2011 10:56:21
    funkateer wrote:
    I just had a quick go at chaos theory, but I just want to say that the HD conversion is nowhere near the quality of the GOW HD collection. The framerate is *really* bad.
    At least it has 3D, although the implementation of it isn't that great either.

Still, since I haven't played it before, I'm going to push through as the game itself seems pretty good, bar the graphics.

/instanobuy

i thought this was going to be the case. I doubt we see many titles that reach there standards. I just hope devs don't just rush out these hd ports.

GOW was superb. I might pick up SOT though. Just hoping the ico trilogy is going to be great. Need to pick up sly as well.
  • Cappy 12 Aug 2011 11:11:50 11,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems HD conversions not handled by Sony are invariably sub-par. I'm not surprised that Ubisoft have turned out another sub-par collection, everything they've released on the PS3 this generation has lacked polish to varying degree.

Konami are going cock up the Silent Hill collection aren't they? Nobody at Konami really cares about the series, that much is evident. The Metal Gear collection has a better chance with Kojima taking an interest I suppose.
  • Darren 12 Aug 2011 14:06:10 8,778 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Do these updates really look as bad as they do from the YouTube footage: poor framerate, washed out lighting that makes be wonder how on earth the enemies can't see Fisher and no anti-aliasing at all?

The original PS2 and GameCube versions of the game were vastly inferior to the Xbox version and it looks like the PS3 version is a port of the inferior PS2 version as well rather than the much better looking PC/Xbox versions. Very disappointing.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• DUFFKING 12 Aug 2011 14:14:30 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    Do these updates really look as bad as they do from the YouTube footage: poor framerate, washed out lighting that makes be wonder how on earth the enemies can't see Fisher and no anti-aliasing at all?

The original PS2 and GameCube versions of the game were vastly inferior to the Xbox version and it looks like the PS3 version is a port of the inferior PS2 version as well rather than the much better looking PC/Xbox versions. Very disappointing.

Chaos theory looks fine to me, how bright they are depends on your TV settings, on mine the areas that register as having no light really are pitch black and I need NV to see. The game looks fine and runs fine too for me. They're ports of the PC versions.
  • repairmanjack 12 Aug 2011 14:16:59 6,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Liondude wrote:
    I'm downloading/installing all three and writing off the rest of my weekend.

So tempted to do the same.
  • Deleted user 12 August 2011 17:00:09
    Darren wrote:

Can't vouch for the framerate but these are definitely ports of the PC versions.
  • repairmanjack 12 Aug 2011 17:04:14 6,009 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I could code these games faster than the PS3 can download them. One of them might be done by the weekend...
  • byron_hinson 12 Aug 2011 17:26:55 1,512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maybe I'm missing something but I haven't had any frame rate issues with the first game at all, it slows in places, but mostly to 30fps rather than anything else. Looks fine to me, not as good as God of War no - but a lot better than PoP.
  • VandelayIndustries 12 Aug 2011 18:11:56 1,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The training section of the first one seems to jump from 30 - 60Fps and back again at random.
  • David_W 17 Aug 2011 22:41:38 149 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was just about to d/l the bundle and I'm so glad I found this thread. Not being able to invert the y-axis makes it unplayable for me.

Is it really that hard to implement an option to invert?
    So far I have opted not to buy both Splinter Cell and BG&E because of the lack of inverted y-axis.

If I'm going to have to fight the controls I'm better off turning on the old PS2 again, as I did for BG&E.

Really disappointed by this.
  • DUFFKING 17 Aug 2011 22:52:00 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here's an idea for the next gen of consoles: put a switch on them that allows you to invert on the controller itself. No more problems.
  • Res 17 Aug 2011 23:00:33 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can set a few control options (including the correct inverted y-axis setting) on the 360 at the dashboard level.
  • barchetta 20 Aug 2011 09:51:35 1,323 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So was I imaging it or did Digital Foundry article appear and then disappear (with an appropriate level of stealth, it must be said) from the Front Page? Maybe due Sunday?
  • Ultrasoundwave 20 Aug 2011 15:36:05 3,280 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just been on Amazon and you can buy splinter cell 1, 2 and 3 for 1p each (used) on the PS2.

Crazy.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• VandelayIndustries 15 Nov 2011 12:36:26 1,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Only just noticed this but all three games have been patched for the Y axis invert! \o/
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next