Bizarre 360 HDMI and TV problem. Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • GamesConnoisseur 25 Sep 2012 15:46:07 420 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just put my son's X360 in place of my black elite 250 gb HDD

Sony TV put on standby, off etc DOESN'T affect my son's X360 even when also via HDMI

So proven that it was my X360 that causing it all along.

Anyway discovered a simple work around, using options, power saving, picture off does the trick when I want to leave X360 on for downloads or lengthy pause while I can attend other matters.

Switching HDMI to PS3 or TV strangely doesn't cause my X360 to shut down, just the standby or off that still does.

It seemed very likely that its to do with my Elite's HDMI specs that got affected by recent Xbox update in the summer.

As each Xbox iterations got their own hardware specs, HDMI less, earlier HDMI version right up to the more current. I believe that it was the requirement of meeting certain standard for say HDMI 1.2b or such that now cause my particular model to shuts down when not my son's. Even when my Sony's HDMI control is off and thus no link.

I ain't gonna waste my time faffing about and happy now with the power save picture off solution.

Won't be surprised if some X360 out there are likewise affected.

Is it cos I m using Sony TV with X360?!?!
  • denismurphy 25 Oct 2013 19:32:35 1 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Sorry to resurrect this thread, but did anyone ever find a solution for this? I have the exact same problem as the original poster.

Thanks
  • Fake_Blood 25 Oct 2013 20:12:05 4,213 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well I googled and there's a few cases like this but not a single answer.
    I also realised that it is already impossible to google anything xbox 360 related without being swamped with xbox one hits.
  • Fourwisemen 25 Oct 2013 20:18:15 165 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @denismurphy

I'm sorry to say I don't gave the solution, but it had the same issue and after an age on the phone to MS, they said is was a fault with the tv. There is no way it was a fault with the tv.

The machine did red ring very shortly after this, but managed to get it exchanged in GAME for a slim by using component cables.

Give component so go if you have these leads available.
  • lukeplummer 13 Dec 2013 21:28:21 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I've have had two tv's and they both did not work with hdmi!, i recently bought a game capture to record gameplay through hdmi and even with just the tv and the xbox connected the screen is still black! but if i plug my hdmi cable into my brothers tv to my xbox it works! ive tried the (Y) and (RT) thing,i also tried the hardrive solution and tried changing the screen resolution to everyone possible, and with Panasonic blaming Microsoft and Microsoft blaming Panasonic there seems to be no hope!, the moist annoying thing is my friends can just plug it in ad it work's :(
  • mAc6 13 Dec 2013 22:13:19 701 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bad hdmi karma i guess
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Dec 2013 23:10:12 4,143 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What is it about the young 'uns and the obsession with capturing game footage?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next