Larry

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 08:11:18 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yesterday I put the beloved GTA by side, for a day so I could finally look into this other game that was waiting on the shelf. Larry!! Naturally I played it, but I don't really know what to think yet. The mini games aren't bad, the story is funny, the movie parts are good quality, but somehow something is missing.

Perhaps the babes alone just don't make a game good for me.

Anybody else playing that game?
    any feedbacks?
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 08:16:11 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    well, I guess I'm the only fool playing something like that!
  • Retroid Moderator 18 Nov 2004 08:18:01 44,512 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I played the demo on OXBM.

It was utterly shit beyond all belief. Like the last 20 years of gaming never happened.
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 08:19:24 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    yea, playing is a weird word for that game, it is just as I you walk a story until it ends! funny description, I know!
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Nov 2004 08:32:44 35,512 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I tried the German demo, and it was just horrible. Partly due to the appaling German localisation though. Words can't described just how bad it is.
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 08:40:42 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    I tried the German demo, and it was just horrible. Partly due to the appaling German localisation though. Words can't described just how bad it is.

hehe, I also have the german version!!!
    where do you live?
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Nov 2004 08:42:34 35,512 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, that's about the 10th time you ask me this. :-)

Germany. Nürnberg, to be exact.
  • pjmaybe 18 Nov 2004 08:44:05 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahhhh that brings back memories (or should that be mammaries)

I remember the entire workforce at Oxford Polytechnic, and a great deal of the student body all passing round copies of "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards" on floppy disk. First time I'd ever seen mass piracy like that. Anyway, it was a frantic race to see who could actually get "anywhere" at all first. I thought I'd won when I did the hunkachunka with some prostitute in it, but spent the rest of the game walking around, a sad little stick figure with a green crotch...

Peej
  • templar-wizard 18 Nov 2004 08:44:10 3,153 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ü
  • ERG1008 18 Nov 2004 08:58:52 656 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does looks truly awful I have to say.
    Isn't there a XXXXXX directors cut sort of nonsense being released as well or is that just in the US?

EDIT - spelling & that

Edited by ERG1008 at 08:59:15 18-11-2004
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 09:07:42 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Well, that's about the 10th time you ask me this. :-)

Germany. Nürnberg, to be exact.

sorry mate!!!!!!!!!
    Did you ever mention Nürnberg?
    so you got the same problem I do!
    errrrrrrgg, ich meine natürlich das Du bezüglich Games das selbe Problem hast wie ich, Alle Spiele sind in deutscher Fassung. Das ist mist!
  • Salaman 18 Nov 2004 09:28:32 18,959 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I live in Cologne but I have managed to dodge "the problem" mostly sofar.

I either wait to buy until I`m back in Belgium for a weekend, or I get them from the UK.
  • Big-Swiss 18 Nov 2004 09:31:23 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    interesting, I just invested a lot of bucks to get by that problem, I chip modified my PS2 and now I need to buy a RGB cabel so it stops being black and white, and then I should be able to order from the US.

It has taken a lot of money and time to finally be able to even see a picture, but I'm confident that this could work with the cable
  • [maven] 18 Nov 2004 10:01:26 5,152 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I usually end up ordering stuff from Amazon.co.uk if it's eingedeutscht (which I had to do for Full Spectrum Warrior and Halo 2* so far). Luckily, I got HL2 off Steam with my ATI voucher, so no problems there... ;)

*for which these wankers messed up my limited edition order because I changed the delivery options; now had to get it off cd-wow, which should hopefully get here tomorrow.
  • Freylis 18 Nov 2004 10:10:53 995 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a shame that the German localisation is so bad. The game is average, sure, but the dialogue and voice acting is what make's it. Yeah, it's purile and features more nob jokes than a Ben Elton gig, but if you leave your brain at the door, you'll be laughing like a drain.

Well, I did anyway. Some of the reponses you can make when Larry's trying to chat up a girl are hilarious, and it's worth replaying the sections to try out different branches.

Don't buy it, but it's well worth a rent if you fancy some cheap minigames and cock jokes.
  • Big-Swiss 19 Nov 2004 13:41:45 8,079 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hello guys

after palying it again yesterday (I'm not the person to give up quite fast), I must say, that I have found certain things that I really like about the game.

1) a lot of the minigames get on your nervs, but some of them have a very high fun factor, and it is exiting to play them again and again. For the missions you don't like, at least the dialogue is very very funny, and makes the minigames better then they are. EVEN in GERMAN.

2) the Larry world is done proper, many details, many good ideas that they did, that a cheap company wouldn't of done, so it deserves credit for the decoration they did in every room/zone you enter.

3) The ending with the girls have only ben once successfull, all the other times something not that attraktive happens, which I must say, I appreaciate my Larry being fooled, then having sex all the time

4) some of the babes couldn't be done better, they are only a cartoon, and still quite sexy. (Am I sick now?)

I'm not sure if I will go until I got 100%, but I'm 100% sure I will continue to play for a while.

BS
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next