The Walking Dead Page 3

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 20 Jun 2012 13:00:32 3,266 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tried the trial version of this on XBLA but it just didnt click for me for some reason.

Considering how cheap it is (and the positive words on here) i am tempted to get the full version though - good idea?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Zizoo 20 Jun 2012 13:05:26 8,115 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I loved it. I'm a massive fan of the comics though so I might be a bit biased. It's good interactive story with decent point & click controls.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2012 21:41:57
    Yep i love this too. Does anybody know when the next episode is out?
  • DSR3 20 Jun 2012 21:59:19 265 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Late June, It seems like episodes will be every two months now.
  • Deleted user 21 June 2012 17:44:46
    I'd rather a episode that was of the same quality as the first one released over two months than a garbage one every month. There was a preview of the newest one on ign and it seems as though the choices you make will really count and encourage replays.

Can't wait.
  • Ashwood 21 Jun 2012 18:15:00 401 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Tried the trial version of this on XBLA but it just didnt click for me for some reason.

Considering how cheap it is (and the positive words on here) i am tempted to get the full version though - good idea?
    I felt the same, just didn't grab me. I think it's 5 episodes that they're releasing for it. Which would make the 'full version' 2000msp.
  • King_Edward 21 Jun 2012 18:27:53 11,454 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't you buy a season pass type thing? I think it's 14 quid for them all on PSN.
  • Ashwood 21 Jun 2012 19:20:35 401 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't think you can on XBLA. There'll maybe be a sale or an offer on it down the line to make it a bit cheaper. Though, at the rate they're releasing the episodes, probably a long way down the line :)
  • billythekid 27 Jun 2012 16:26:54 11,027 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is it up yet? Anybody tried it?
  • Whizzo 27 Jun 2012 16:40:49 43,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    As I bought it on Steam that would be a no for me, bit annoying it's not out until Friday.

Remember the spoiler tags please!

This space left intentionally blank.

• NOSAVIOUR 27 Jun 2012 17:25:23 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The first 5 minutes of this episode is awesome.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 17:25:51 27-06-2012
  • Deleted user 27 June 2012 17:39:29
    Just waiting till everybody goes to bed tonight then gonna settle down to this. Does anybody know the lenghth of the second episode?
  • NOSAVIOUR 27 Jun 2012 22:51:03 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been playing for a good 1.5hrs now and enjoying it even more than I did th first. This is fast turning into one of my fav games of the year. Everything about it is so well produced. Love the characters, and setting. I haven't had this much fun with a point and click in many many years. Back to the future didn't play half as good.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 01:15:11
    Just tried to start episode 2 and the game says i havent got a save from the first chapter. A quick look on the hard drive says differently. Not sure i can be bothered to play 1 again.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 13:07:41
    @its-LegendOfGamer just finished it, think it was about 3 hours or so.

3 hours of awesome it was too, although I had some odd performance glitches on 360.
  • NOSAVIOUR 28 Jun 2012 16:27:30 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Completed second episode. Pisses all over Heavy Rain for shock value. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through and felt sick on numerous occasions. Role on episode 3.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 16:28:16 28-06-2012
  • NOSAVIOUR 28 Jun 2012 16:27:56 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • NOSAVIOUR 28 Jun 2012 16:29:39 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @its-LegendOfGamer as much as I wouldn't want to play episode 1 again, don't miss out on episode 2.
  • NOSAVIOUR 28 Jun 2012 16:29:50 2,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 23:04:55
    There were some really terrible moments and decisions to make in this episode.

The rush to get downstairs after finding out the secret of the farm in the darkness upstairs, to try and stop Clem eating dinner.... I'm not sure if I got the best result or not :-(

And i think after trying to do the right thing in front of her when deciding what to do with the two brothers, the final decision on whether to take the supplies in the car at the end really had me torn - in the end decided not to while the rest of the party tucked in, the bastards! :-O Really hope that impacts the next episode somehow....

I really am impressed by the writing and characterisation Telltale are doing with this. Are the writers of the comic involved at any level or is it just TT?
  • dancingrob 29 Jun 2012 09:17:53 1,154 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really enjoyed Episode 2, perhaps slightly stronger than Episode 1 overall.

It's still a technical mess, with choppy freezes every once in a while, but it seemed a lot better than Episode 1 from that perspective. There was also a point where I though the game had glitched the shoot Brenda bit and I had to go online to see what was actually happening.

Decisions were interesting, I was one of very few people to shoot Jolene (only 11% on the 360 version at time of playing), but spared the brothers and 'stole' from the car. Can't say I'm particularly upset with Larry being dead either, even if I did try to save him! The only real disappointment was that I'd guessed 'cannibals' a little earlier than I perhaps should have

Roll on Episode 3 anyway!
  • heavy_salad 29 Jun 2012 22:47:16 715 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wow really enjoyed that - played through in one sitting (only about 2 hours or so though tbf!). Some genuinely tough decisions, which whilst I'm guessing probably won't actually impact on the story hugely, FELT like they impacted on the story hugely which I'm guessing is just as important.

After a couple of them it even had me thinking 'shit, did I do the right thing?'. Really impressed with the characterisation and voice acting overall. I'd say the writing too, but I think overall the story is kind of standard fare really, but the story is told really well.

If it carries on in this vein then it's GOTY contender for me.
  • Stranded87 29 Jun 2012 22:57:49 858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished it. Even better than the first (which I really enjoyed). This is definitely the surprise of the year so far and will likely make my GOTY shortlist.
  • neilka 29 Jun 2012 23:46:45 15,665 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Episode 2 was fantastic, the game is starting to show the TV series up as a bit of an embarrassment. Hard to believe Telltale turned it around this much after the abysmal Jurassic Park.
  • Deleted user 30 June 2012 01:38:38
    A bit of a late comer to the party having picked up Ep. 1 on Wednesday and played through it with a rising amount of glee. Picked up Ep. 2 yesterday but didn't really have a chance to play it until tonight and I have to agree with the high amount of praise this is getting - it is simply stunning and Telltale have pulled something off I didn't think they would be capable of.

Ep. 1 on XBox was fine for me, though Ep. 2 did suffer with some minor hanging inbetween scenes and especially in the final 'Coming up' montage which annoyed me mildly. Episode 2 is definitely stronger than 1, though but I have to agree that the episode plot is eminently transparent and I got there a long time before the reveal.

Having said that I thought the decisions were excellent and well thought out, and it's quite pleasing that a few of them I really had to rationalise through before making them.

Spoilers ahead.

I was surprised at getting rid of Larry, particular as he was such a strong nemesis within the group. Even though he'd been a total prick, it just felt wrong to off him without giving CPR a chance. Having said that, I did choose to try and save him and I'm a bit annoyed it's fucked up my relationship with Jerry who is just turning out to be a totally selfish paranoid prick. And I saved his fucking annoying brat of a son twice in Ep. 1. Ungrateful bastard.

Larry's still a massive bellend.

I just couldn't bring myself to chop the guy's leg off. I really wanted to but it was even more trying than *that* scene from Heavy Rain. Apparently I'm in the gross minority who didn't save him, but it was more me dithering to find any other solution and I love the game just for that.

The decision right at the end with the food was a great note I thought. I opted out of it to side with Clem and it took me AGES to come to a decision. I love the interaction with Clem and as daft as it sounds, it gave me a warm, fuzzly feeling to do the right thing by her.

Take as long as you need Telltale. Just keep nailing it and yeah, *cough*, GotY. Seriously.
  • onestepfromlost 30 Jun 2012 12:52:01 2,039 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    if the decisions carry over do you think this would have decent replay factor, this is the one problem with most point and clicks.
  • WrongShui 30 Jun 2012 12:54:31 6,601 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm glad in the three months since the first ep Lee has taken vigorous "Not tripping over your own feet" training.

So far so great, really enjoying this.

In fact it's the only point and click game I've really enjoyed since Blade Runner.

Edited by WrongShui at 12:55:38 30-06-2012
  • fletch7100 1 Jul 2012 04:14:53 6,981 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just did the first episode, loved it, really connected with the story, emotionally involved with some of the decisions. Only going to do 2nd playthrough after I have played all the episodes
  • Lotos8ter 1 Jul 2012 07:11:58 2,353 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    if the decisions carry over do you think this would have decent replay factor, this is the one problem with most point and clicks.
    Yes, some of the decisions you have to make are forced on you VERY quickly and certainly before you can make a balanced judgement. Obviously you can anticipate these a little more in replays and choose your options more carefully. There's also the strong chance that your responses piss off a certain NPC and you can alter a conversation in subsequent plays too.
    My only gripe is that you should be able to skip certain scenes - it can make replays a bit of a chore but so far the story has always been strong enough to more than compensate.

Fiat Lux

• Page

of 21 First / Last