The Walking Dead Page 12

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• sanctusmortis 21 Nov 2012 22:34:10 9,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    I heard about save problems on twitter earlier, backed up my game save just in case

really really shitty situation for those involved:(
    Don't back up your save. You need to back up the folder, and the prefs.prop file in the steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default folder.

Finished. Fuck me. Very very close to tears at that end.
  • Whizzo 21 Nov 2012 22:36:34 43,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dunno about tears, some dust got blown into my eyes somehow though...

This space left intentionally blank.

• Paulie_P 21 Nov 2012 22:36:59 411 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished and in tears. Game of the Year for me, I'm going to miss Clemintine.
  • the_dudefather 21 Nov 2012 22:43:10 9,208 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sanctusmortis wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:
    I heard about save problems on twitter earlier, backed up my game save just in case

really really shitty situation for those involved:(
    Don't back up your save. You need to back up the folder, and the prefs.prop file in the steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\Pack\default folder..
    Xbox version ;)

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• George-Roper 21 Nov 2012 23:11:12 704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What an ending!

I've never been so emotional playing a computer game. To actually cry, at my age...amazing game, amazing storytelling.

Bravo!
  • elvenscroll 21 Nov 2012 23:21:02 1,375 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Holy shit. GOTY.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• FixedInfinity 21 Nov 2012 23:40:13 1,682 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Absolutely stunning achievement.

I have to echo the Game of the Year thoughts as well as the dust in the eye...
  • ZuluHero 22 Nov 2012 01:21:02 4,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well i'm not ashamed to admit i cried. And it wasn't the first time during the series either.

Absorbingly and absolutely mind blowing series. It's been one hell of a ride. I'm sad to see the end now, and only 2 more WD TV episodes (for a while) too :(

So who were those 2 shadows at the end on the hill? I want to be blissfully ignorantly and naive and think it was Omid and Christa. But after everything we've been through, it's taught me that nothing ever quite works out like we hope :/

Edited by ZuluHero at 01:23:00 22-11-2012
  • muttler 22 Nov 2012 03:40:16 3,947 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice spoiler Paulie_P, thanks.
  • joeymoto108 22 Nov 2012 04:22:18 628 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm pretty confident we've not seen the last of Lilly, when the crew mention her and her father in the attic I suspected the writers were foreshadowing her reappearance.
    And the whole tone and atmosphere of the post-credits bit suggests that the shadows are not Omid and Christa; it would definitely be disappointingly anticlimactic to find out it actually is them after all.

But yes, definite contender for my GOTY, I was sobbing by the end which is an achievement in itself. Hopefully season 2 will be just as good, if not better :D

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• muttler 22 Nov 2012 04:41:56 3,947 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can I just ask everyone to be considerate with the spoilers please? This is a story based game and this episode has only just been released which some of us won't get a chance to play until the weekend.
  • MadCaddy13 22 Nov 2012 07:54:56 1,858 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I cannot believe a big giant bear saved everyone in the end of episode 5. Crazy. ;)
    It was really good from start to finish.
    Can't wait for a second set of epispdes!
  • ZuluHero 22 Nov 2012 08:39:22 4,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @muttler As someone who has played it I can say that there aren't any spoilers (on this page at least) and don't read too much into what people are saying.

You could just do what I do and not visit this page until after you've played each episode :)
  • Paulie_P 22 Nov 2012 08:43:17 411 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @muttler there's nothing spoilery about my comment.
  • DSR3 22 Nov 2012 09:15:12 265 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Was I the only one to never get a single save game error on the PC version?

It was really sad but I did not cry, I saw it coming as soon as he taught Clementine how to use a gun. I actually felt more sad for the Kenny and Ben death sequence. How does Kenny die if you don't have Ben with you?

I was also confused by the after-credits scene. Why didn't Clem go and find Christa and Omid? Or was that them on the Hill?

Roll on Season Two!

Edited by DSR3 at 09:16:43 22-11-2012
  • sanctusmortis 22 Nov 2012 09:15:29 9,627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's the end of the season. Clementine's gone til at least the next series.

But man. MAN. That was certainly an ending.
  • fletch7100 22 Nov 2012 09:44:51 6,994 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DSR3

Maybe she couldn't find them or they are dead the aftermath is left upto your imagination. makers wanted you to feel bad for clem at the end as she is alone, what will happen next then give you that glimmer of hope that the 2 distant figures are Christa and Omid for the season cliffhanger Then again those figures could be zombies

Was expecting the scene to play out as those figures being hunters and mistaking Clem for a zombie and shooting her with a rifle. Like a certain zombie film ends. Could have injured her, would have been a great ending and get you hooked for next season if there is one

Also one of my favourite QTEs in a game with the kidnapper. When you are smashing that A button only time i have had a connection with the character in a games QTE. Also how they use that to review your decisions in the game

Ending,not surprising. Not as emotional for me as other people state. Is great ending, one of my favourites. Still my contender for GOTY for the connection you have with the characters and your involvement in the story

More shocked by the first decision you have to make, knew they might do it just surprised at how early in the episode it happens.

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:49:27 22-11-2012
  • GiarcYekrub 22 Nov 2012 11:20:16 3,665 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you seen the gamespot review? Its like they played a different game.

IGN on the other hand, I agree with completely
  • Whizzo 22 Nov 2012 11:22:06 43,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DSR3 wrote:
    No problems with it for me either.

I wish I could say the same about some episode 1 audio issues and I had some graphics taking a while to turn up in a different episode too.

Hopefully the success of this will get Telltale to finally build a new engine!

Edited by Whizzo at 11:23:09 22-11-2012

This space left intentionally blank.

• Scurrminator 22 Nov 2012 11:43:14 8,387 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    so how much is this for the whole thing? I'm assuming it's finished now?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• robthehermit 22 Nov 2012 11:54:30 3,991 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When does the disc version hit the shelves?

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• neilka 22 Nov 2012 12:33:11 15,679 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You've got 30 hours to get it for 10.49 on Steam...
  • santashi 22 Nov 2012 14:02:52 5,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh, wow. I got so emotionally invested in that game. I came very close to crying when Kenny and Ben died (but at least Kenny redeemed himself). I did cry with the final Lee and Clementine scene. You knew what would have to happen by the end but it didn't make it any better. It was just too sad!

I also accidentally killed the stranger because I didn't realise how the QTE was panning out until too late. I just assumed if I stopped hitting buttons I would die. What does actually happen if you don't fight him?

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Scurrminator 22 Nov 2012 14:21:24 8,387 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Bah I really want it on 360, 400 points an episode. So was it worth 2000 points?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• GiarcYekrub 22 Nov 2012 14:28:45 3,665 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    Bah I really want it on 360, 400 points an episode. So was it worth 2000 points?
    Yes
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 22 Nov 2012 15:16:34 535 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    DSR3 wrote:
    No problems with it for me either.

I wish I could say the same about some episode 1 audio issues and I had some graphics taking a while to turn up in a different episode too.

Hopefully the success of this will get Telltale to finally build a new engine!
    Other than a couple of random crashes in early chapters, the only error I had was that achievements didn't work for episode 1 for me. Managed to transfer saves between PCs (upgraded after Ep 1) wiout any issues. I'd assumed all the save woes were console...
  • Stranded87 22 Nov 2012 16:22:28 867 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Awesome. 10/10. Not quite my GOTY (thank you Journey), but incredible all the same.

The stranger didn't really do it for me though. I get that they wanted to make you think back on everything that had happened and all the decisions you'd made, but the main thing he was mad about (stolen supplies) I had no part in and the other stuff- well things happen in the apocalypse, I didn't regret any of my decisions and you can totally see how he'd try and turn things around on you whatever you'd done. Was a pretty weak argument, particularly given how bad he'd screwed things up. I get that he was crazy, but it just wasn't very satisfying to me.

Still, that's just about my only story complaint across the whole five episodes, so that's pretty good going.
  • richardiox 22 Nov 2012 16:28:18 5,549 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well that was depressing.

Echoing others, I haven't felt that invested in game characters since playing FFVII when I was 16.
  • roz123 22 Nov 2012 16:33:19 7,112 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought it in the steam sale just started ep 2 great so far.
  • santashi 22 Nov 2012 17:57:37 5,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Stranded87 Yes, I was wondering why he thought anyone would have intentionally taken her to Cannibals Inc. :D

I guess he'd just screwed up everything and wanted to project it all onto somebody else. And at the end of the day... he had a head in a bag. Sanity had clearly wandered off happily into the sunset a long time ago. :p

Made me feel pretty good about not touching the supplies earlier though! Vindicated at last...

Actually, how the heck did he get to the city ahead of us? Serious planning there.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Page

of 21 First / Last