The Walking Dead Page 10

  • Page

    of 21 First / Last

  • heavy_salad 18 Oct 2012 18:11:56 729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I've not read the comics, but I'm assuming that there really is nothing that can be done for Lee now?
    Well in the comics a character called Dale gets bitten on the leg - they cut his leg off and he survives. Getting bitten doesn't turn you into a zombie - everybody already turns when they die - infection and/or blood loss from the bite kills you.

    So in conclusion, where was my fucking option to chop my hand off!


    Edited by heavy_salad at 18:12:21 18-10-2012
  • santashi 18 Oct 2012 18:27:33 5,164 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    I've not read the comics, but I'm assuming that there really is nothing that can be done for Lee now?
    Well in the comics a character called Dale gets bitten on the leg - they cut his leg off and he survives. Getting bitten doesn't turn you into a zombie - everybody already turns when they die - infection and/or blood loss from the bite kills you.

    So in conclusion, where was my fucking option to chop my hand off!
    Thanks! So I guess there might be some hope if they can treat the infection/have some Survivors-style immunity to it. It's probably too late to chop things off, but that sounds like it would have been a sensible option. :p

    Maybe there's something in the bag. ;)


    Edited by santashi at 18:28:36 18-10-2012

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Deleted user 18 October 2012 18:32:05
    santashi wrote:

    Was it supposed to be significant that the zombies all appeared to be heading somewhere at the end of the episode?


    Remember when the science teacher asked if they'd got the train into town! Think the train wasn't the only thing that arrived with them.

    Going to be a long wait until the final episode of Lee's saga.

    Even longer for us PS3 folks.
  • santashi 18 Oct 2012 18:39:54 5,164 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    santashi wrote:

    Was it supposed to be significant that the zombies all appeared to be heading somewhere at the end of the episode?


    Remember when the science teacher asked if they'd got the train into town! Think the train wasn't the only thing that arrived with them.

    Going to be a long wait until the final episode of Lee's saga.

    Even longer for us PS3 folks.
    Damn! I'd forgotten about that! I had been hoping there would be an option to ask him about it but I somehow managed to end up slamming the guy into a wall instead which rather ruined the moment.

    I totally agree: it really is going to be a hard wait for the last episode. I hope I can get a relatively happy conclusion. If Clem dies then I'm sure I'll be sobbing like a baby.

    On a side note, there were a crazy number of times that I ended up yelling at the screen in this episode, either out of shock or simply going 'Nononono!'. It's a game that can definitely get a reaction out of me.

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • heavy_salad 18 Oct 2012 18:47:40 729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    heavy_salad wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    I've not read the comics, but I'm assuming that there really is nothing that can be done for Lee now?
    Well in the comics a character called Dale gets bitten on the leg - they cut his leg off and he survives. Getting bitten doesn't turn you into a zombie - everybody already turns when they die - infection and/or blood loss from the bite kills you.

    So in conclusion, where was my fucking option to chop my hand off!
    Thanks! So I guess there might be some hope if they can treat the infection/have some Survivors-style immunity to it. It's probably too late to chop things off, but that sounds like it would have been a sensible option. :p

    Maybe there's something in the bag. ;)
    Dale is the only character in the comics to have survived a zombie bite IIRC - so I don't fancy Lee's chances unfortunately! :)
  • elvenscroll 18 Oct 2012 18:56:02 1,420 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well fuck you Kenny

    Next play through I shall not bother helping you. Or your family.

    NNID/PSN - Chipworm

  • santashi 18 Oct 2012 19:37:15 5,164 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    heavy_salad wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    I've not read the comics, but I'm assuming that there really is nothing that can be done for Lee now?
    Well in the comics a character called Dale gets bitten on the leg - they cut his leg off and he survives. Getting bitten doesn't turn you into a zombie - everybody already turns when they die - infection and/or blood loss from the bite kills you.

    So in conclusion, where was my fucking option to chop my hand off!
    Thanks! So I guess there might be some hope if they can treat the infection/have some Survivors-style immunity to it. It's probably too late to chop things off, but that sounds like it would have been a sensible option. :p

    Maybe there's something in the bag. ;)
    Dale is the only character in the comics to have survived a zombie bite IIRC - so I don't fancy Lee's chances unfortunately! :)
    Oi! Hope is something they can't take away from us! Or whatever it was the dead vet lady said. ;)

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • OmniaVincitAmor 18 Oct 2012 19:59:22 1,555 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone got the iPad version?

    Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

  • RinseWashRepeat 20 Oct 2012 14:55:19 38 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I keep on wanting to think of this game as being a '2nd person' adventure.

    I mean, we all know that Clem's the real star of this. It's her story that I'm most interested in and it's her development that is most invested in. The bit where she saves Molly by blasting that zombie fool. Brilliant.

    What with Lee's current situation I'd love to see the 2nd series carry this on, with you playing as a different character but still, truly, following Clem's story.

    Thoughts?

    RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

  • Deleted user 20 October 2012 18:17:28
    I just remembered, when Molly returns with the battery, after Lee has opened the medicine safe, didn't she have blood trickling down one arm and when Lee questioned it, covered it up - was she bit too, and that's why she left them at the end?
  • santashi 20 Oct 2012 23:13:01 5,164 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BeardofZaius I didn't notice that but I was busy trying to work out the sensitive option at that point. ;) I do hope not!

    I'd assumed that her goal all along had been revenge on various people in Crawford, but she'd said she wanted to be on the boat as that sounded plausible and non-psycho. She also was more willing to do the right thing than she liked to pretend, and Kenny had yelled about there not being enough room for everyone...

    Now you've said that we'll probably see her wandering around as a zombie in the last episode. :/ I liked her!


    Edited by santashi at 23:13:31 20-10-2012

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • fletch7100 21 Oct 2012 09:20:30 7,349 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rumoured details of the Walking Dead special edition game box set info from IGN. GameStop promo details are

    Collectors edition box and case
    1000 page compendium that includes first 48 issues of the comic,cover created by walking dead artist Charlie Adlard. $70. No news about European version of this yet
  • DSR3 21 Oct 2012 10:17:48 267 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @fletch7100 I hate when the fans who bought the game first always gets the raw deal. I would love to get that compendium as I have never read the comics before.
  • heavy_salad 21 Oct 2012 11:13:51 729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In fairness, you can buy that compendium for about 25 on its own if you want to start on the comics

    Amazon link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Walking-Dead-Compendium-Volume/dp/1607060760/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350814400&sr=8-2

    Edited by heavy_salad at 11:14:18 21-10-2012
  • cptjohnnycasino 21 Oct 2012 11:47:03 515 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not sure if I missed something vital in Ep4, but what was the significance of the document in the classroom (where the armoury door was) that explained the red triangle-like markings on the doors you see throughout the city? Was it just to give more insight into Crawford's methods?

    It had all the makings of a hallmark Point and Click puzzle clue! Seemed like quite a detailed explanation for something that seemed to be just background information.
  • Lukree 3 Nov 2012 15:18:42 166 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just finished the ep4 and wondered those marking details as well.

    Damn, this game was much much better than I anticipated. Really nicely written and tempo is great. Cannot wait for the next episodes. Compendium 2 also arrived, happy times!
  • MadCaddy13 3 Nov 2012 15:32:01 1,978 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Well fuck you Kenny

    Next play through I shall not bother helping you. Or your family.
    Yeh same here what a cunt [\spoiler]
  • heavy_salad 3 Nov 2012 19:36:52 729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At a guess I reckon it'll be the middle of this month.
  • sanctusmortis 4 Nov 2012 01:42:11 9,647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished episode 2 - catching up.
  • BryanAKADJ 4 Nov 2012 02:41:59 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't this game keep going on? :(
    Like The Land Before Time movies, even a musical one.

    /unsure of self being serious or not

    Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

  • santashi 4 Nov 2012 08:43:27 5,164 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BryanAKADJ There is going to be a second Walking Dead game but they haven't mentioned yet if it will have any connection to the first, which is fair enough since that might be spoiler-laden information. :)

    PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

  • Lukree 4 Nov 2012 08:58:16 166 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really hope that this game will be so successful that more developers will pick up the point and click adventures to the next level.
  • muttler 5 Nov 2012 13:53:56 4,132 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Brought the first 3 episodes and played Ep 1 over the weekend. It's awesome!
  • NOSAVIOUR 8 Nov 2012 13:27:55 2,804 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any news on when the final episode is out?
  • neilka 8 Nov 2012 13:53:16 16,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Meant to be some time this month, all five episodes have a US retail release on 4th December so they've got a hard deadline this time!
  • sanctusmortis 16 Nov 2012 12:17:33 9,647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just lost all my saves. Not one of the fixes is working.

    Is there a save file generator yet?

    Final episode is next week.
  • Page

    of 21 First / Last

Log in or register to reply