The Walking Dead Page 6

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• NOSAVIOUR 30 Aug 2012 21:32:08 2,809 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And episode 3 delivers. This series is up there with my all time favs. The writing and pace is second to none. I don't think I've played such an emotionally charged game or experienced something that genuinely affects me and constantly has me in awe as this has. Hats off to TT.
  • Stranded87 30 Aug 2012 21:42:43 937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I really am floored by this series. Monkey Island and Sam and Max I felt were fairly pale facsimiles of the original games and I didn't even bother with Back to the Future. But this is seriously good.
  • Whizzo 30 Aug 2012 21:44:33 43,271 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If TWD TV series was half as good as this it would be one of the best shows on TV.

Episode 3 certainly delivered in spades.

This space left intentionally blank.

• richardiox 30 Aug 2012 22:03:26 5,714 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's incredible but it seems there's comparatively little 'buzz' around it.

So far I'm ranking like this: Ep2>Ep3>Ep1

Great voice acting too, especially Lee and my dear little Clem.

Edited by richardiox at 22:04:54 30-08-2012
  • Waffleaber 30 Aug 2012 22:41:21 447 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    God damn it that was good.

Poor Duck, I knew as soon as "Duck thinks you're super awesome" that his number was up

When Lee says he wishes they were still arguing over the motel it bought it back to me how much had gone on in just over an hour.
  • NOSAVIOUR 30 Aug 2012 22:51:47 2,809 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    And episode 3 delivers. This series is up there with my all time favs. The writing and pace is second to none. I don't think I've played such an emotionally charged game or experienced something that genuinely affects me and constantly has me in awe as this has. Hats off to TT.
    If you like this you should try Heavy Rain - it's easily my favourite game of this generation. The games are quite similar in execution, but Heavy Rain is much more powerful in terms of story.
    For me Heavy Rain doesn't even come close to this. I found it dull in it's execution. This is vibrant and full of character. But it did have some great moments I'll give it that, but I've long forgot it.
  • richardiox 30 Aug 2012 23:01:32 5,714 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah as good as heavy rain is, I feel way more involved in both the story and the characters of TWD. The writing and voice acting is much better, imo.
  • Mike1980 30 Aug 2012 23:31:59 368 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow.

A lot of major players gone. I was pissed when Carley got shot. Damn Lilly should have shot Kenny instead. I'm sure that if Ben had been killed, Lee could have Lilly's shoulder to lean on. There was definitely a spark between them the way I was playing.
    I liked how Duck was Robin for the motel Detective section, made him a slightly less annoying character. Ben seems to be treated like shit though, almost everything said to him is a put down. Give him some compassion, he's a teen being faced with relentless zombies. I don't trust Chuck at all, seems to be too creepy.

The new couple could be interesting. hopefully Christa won't be as bad as the fist impression.

I would say its not quite as good as ep 2, most stuff on the train was go to point A, talk, to go point B, get something, back to point A, etc.

Also, my choices seemed to be in the minority. In the other 2 eps I played as most did. I wonder if subconsciously I was trying to be different.
  • captbirdseye 30 Aug 2012 23:46:50 5,282 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice spolier tags, jesus!
  • FatSternKikwi 31 Aug 2012 00:35:41 610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This is light-years ahead of Heavy Rain.

God I feel so depressed after episode 3. This series is just so emotionally draining.
  • Immaterial 31 Aug 2012 01:08:57 1,461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fantastic episode again, but the illusion of choice is a little thin in places Omid always fucks his leg up, whether you push him or not, for example. Really good playing on the heartstrings in the build up to a couple of key scenes, and the remaining characters are developing nicely. Worst FPS ever though- hope episode 4 has fewer headsotty moment.

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• FatSternKikwi 31 Aug 2012 01:44:48 610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah that bit felt a bit weird. Could have done with some body shots because Lee really shouldn't be such a crack shot.

Oh and if Clem isn't character of the year then heads will roll.

Edited by FatSternKikwi at 01:46:28 31-08-2012
  • BryanAKADJ 31 Aug 2012 05:26:24 284 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well I'm downloading the episodes still due to my internet cutting spontaneously as usual, glad everyone is using the spoiler tags. I'm wondering once all the episodes are done released if there will be a physical release of this game? If it can go on an ipod touch/iphone stuff, will it come out on the Vita?

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• ffeeco 31 Aug 2012 06:56:27 5 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Okay, thanks to this thread, I need to get cracking again on my downloads.
  • Capn_Franky 31 Aug 2012 09:12:56 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    EP3 was fantastic but at the same time I never want to talk about it again, especially the part pre and inside the woods. It was all wrote brilliantly although I did have a few glitches such as a character model disappearing whilst I spoke to them, but I've never played a game where I thought 'fuck me, I've made a mistake' and it resulted in the death of a character I liked (granted it is faux 'mistakes' but fantastic none the less).
  • mikew1985 31 Aug 2012 09:36:23 12,984 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    If you like this you should try Heavy Rain - it's easily my favourite game of this generation. The games are quite similar in execution, but Heavy Rain is much more powerful in terms of story.
    For me Heavy Rain doesn't even come close to this. I found it dull in it's execution. This is vibrant and full of character. But it did have some great moments I'll give it that, but I've long forgot it.
    Yep, Heavy Rain, despite its attempts to be weighty and emotional fell flat in the most part. The controls were non sensical and the story had some major, MAJOR plotholes.

Graphically Heavy rain is superior but The Walking Dead manages to be much more emotionally weighty and interesting despite its relatively lower budget technologically speaking.
  • andytheadequate 31 Aug 2012 09:42:16 8,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone else find the action sequences in this game to be a bit rubbish? It's only happened a few times over all the episodes where I failed and had to restart, but having to watch the same cutscene again and re-do the clumsy action bits ruins the immersion slightly.

Still, the rest of the game is marvelous so I can't complain.
  • Gunzberg 31 Aug 2012 09:53:17 1,745 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, some of the action sequences were a bit rubbish when playing on PC. Compared to XBOX where each action is a button, here you need to scroll to your action. I misscrolled in one section and got killed a couple of times.

I do love the character development in the Walking Dead. Telltale really upped their game vs Sam & Max.

I left Lilly by the roadside

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• andytheadequate 31 Aug 2012 10:44:01 8,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:

I left Lilly by the roadside
    You monster!

Edited by andytheadequate at 10:44:17 31-08-2012
  • DiamondIce 31 Aug 2012 12:19:18 1,185 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well that was a bloodbath. Ben needs a good ass kicking after his little stunt too..

Is it wrong that I didn't care about shooting Duck? Perhaps I should have left him and he could have transformed into a hyper walker instead. He would have pissed them all off into committing suicide and single-handedly cured the zombie issue.

The problem with these episodes is that you look forward to them for ages, finish them, and have to wait a ages for the next one.

FLOPS! RAM!

• Mike1980 31 Aug 2012 12:52:30 368 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After I finish ep 5, I'm gonna restart taking every kill I can, and making sure Carley survives.
  • heavy_salad 31 Aug 2012 13:17:51 736 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mike1980 wrote:
    After I finish ep 5, I'm gonna restart taking every kill I can, and making sure Carley survives.
    Apparently there's no way of saving Carley
  • Stranded87 31 Aug 2012 13:29:46 937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did have one slightly annoying glitch in this episode where after unhooking the train car and meeting the hobo I went and talked to Kenny, at which point my character said the rear car was still connected and I had to go unhook it again and meet the hobo again. I was slightly worried it would just loop forever, but thankfully it did not.
  • GiarcYekrub 31 Aug 2012 14:10:20 3,825 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Mike1980 wrote:
    Apparently there's no way of saving Carley
    :(
  • santashi 31 Aug 2012 17:32:30 5,167 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just played Episode 1 this afternoon and was very impressed. Seemed a lot longer than I thought it would be. Really like Lee and Clementine.

My thoughts on Episode 1:
    Seriously, Glenn would not stop going on about me letting that lady have the gun! It seemed like a much more merciful choice than just leaving her to her transformation. :/

Carley copped it. I figured she would be okay as it seemed to be her, one zombie and a gun, which seemed far better odds than Doug grappling with multiple zombie arms. Guess she wasn't. Oops.

The first major choice I made on purely gameworld values of liking Sean a lot and already being irritated by the kid's voice. Despite this, I still felt horribly guilty about it, although not as guilty as I would have had the kid died. Was quite relieved that nobody pulled me up on it and just told me that I least I had tried to save Sean.

Kenny was bad for not helping when he had already saved his son though. I do try but I can't really bring myself to like that family as much as most of the other characters.

Larry. I went through so much to get that guy his medication and yet he tried to get me killed. If he survives when the others don't I will be, er, cross.

That policeman at the beginning was probably avoided at parties. What a boring guy.

I'll try to resist jumping into Episode 2 immediately, but will probably play it within the next few days. I thought the first episode was brilliant, so if the next one is even better...

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• heavy_salad 31 Aug 2012 19:19:29 736 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    2nd episode is better IMO, even if the plot is a little obvious.
  • dominalien 31 Aug 2012 19:28:02 7,029 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi

Ah, I'd wondered this afternoon whether you'd got hold of ep3 somehow, but then I saw you had no trophies. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• santashi 31 Aug 2012 19:34:12 5,167 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @dominalien Heh, I think I synced it when I was done so I should have 20% now. The game was teasing me with that banner telling me that Episode 3 was available to download from the PSN. Lies! ;)

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• dominalien 31 Aug 2012 19:42:21 7,029 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi

Yeah, I really wish ep3 were available now. I'm properly itching to get back into it. Oh, well, back to RDR I go. As soon as I get back from work, ofc.

PSN: DonOsito

• Page

of 21 First / Last