Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (TiTs) Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 July 2011 09:40:21
    Yeah, I've been trying to drum up support for Xseed-Falcom games on EG for a while now.
    Mainly because I wanted Xseed to get as much sales as possible to continue bringing Falcom games over.
    Hopefully the west won't miss out on Falcom games anymore thanks to Xseed's work.

Haven't tried ordering direct from Falcom yet, but will do when the Xanadu Next patch comes out.

I know Vantage Master Online is free for download (and I love it).
    What's the other game??
  • ghostlight_ross 19 Jul 2011 15:15:54 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JinTypeNoir wrote:
    Falcom is also predominantly a PC developer AND they were one of the first PC developers to offer their games for download (you can go two of them for free right now! And both of them are in English! Wanna link?)

Oooh yes please.
  • Deleted user 19 July 2011 15:53:28
    Here's Vantage Master Online
    http://www.falcom.com/vantage/download.html

It's an awesome mix of Advance Wars and Tactics Ogre. But with some unique concepts of its own.

Very interested to know what the other one is.
  • HiddenAway 19 Jul 2011 19:39:04 14,856 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    ghostlight_ross wrote:
    Beat me again :) Even when we post it at odd hours I still can't get here first. Next time we announce something I'll make sure it goes up at 5 in the morning that'll show you. And me because I'll have to be up at that time.

Now, how the hell do we get it on the Eurogamer front page...

Oh look, they heard me! :)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Flying_Pig 19 Jul 2011 19:58:14 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched the video - looks great, hopefully Jeanne d'Arc meets Chrono Trigger, or am I expecting too much? :)
  • JinTypeNoir 19 Jul 2011 20:15:26 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The other one is Lord Monarch, a fantastically addictive strategy game, simple, yet layered strategy game. You can get it here, all in English, there's also an English manual to download (or an online one to read if you want).

Also, Falcom cooperates with PC download sites to periodically offer their newer games free for download for a limited time, last month Ys VI was offered, and before, Ys: Origin. So keep a lookout.

Falcom is awesome.
  • ghostlight_ross 19 Jul 2011 22:57:41 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the links.

I must confess Trails in the sky was my first Falcom game. Made me want to try more though :)
  • michaelius 18 Aug 2011 13:13:40 809 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some huge sales for Tits:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/18/five-years-later-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-moves-200000-units/
  • JinTypeNoir 18 Aug 2011 14:52:09 4,365 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yay TiTS! Making the world's men (and some women) happy for many years now.
  • HiddenAway 25 Aug 2011 13:16:26 14,856 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Collector's Edition

• Deleted user 25 August 2011 13:31:21
    Wow, impressive!
    Though, I prefer the US cover...
  • ghostlight_ross 25 Aug 2011 14:36:46 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought this might have made it over here before I did. I was delayed by compliance testing for TitS
  • Flying_Pig 25 Aug 2011 14:38:39 10,683 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When are we getting this then?
  • LockeTribal 25 Aug 2011 14:49:31 4,494 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great looking package. I'd like to second the comment of whoever it was on the blog there Ross and request that the soundtrack be added to the PSN release if at all possible (or at least made available on PSN alongside the game's release).
  • ghostlight_ross 25 Aug 2011 14:58:20 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    When are we getting this then?

It should be going into submission with SCEE next week so we should if all goes well have a release date for you soon :)

LockeTribal wrote:
    Great looking package. I'd like to second the comment of whoever it was on the blog there Ross and request that the soundtrack be added to the PSN release if at all possible (or at least made available on PSN alongside the game's release).

I'm talking to some people here and seeing if we can do something no promises though.
  • LockeTribal 25 Aug 2011 15:12:04 4,494 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool, I can see how it could be awkward so I won't get my hopes up :) Cheers for asking all the same!
  • Deleted user 25 August 2011 19:12:48
    Completely missed this news, really need to revive the Falcom thread and update it with all the new LOH news.

BTW GG Ross, that is one nice looking set, XSEED and Ghostlight sending the UMD out in style!
  • ghostlight_ross 26 Aug 2011 11:20:43 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    By the way there's been a slight change to the Collector's Edition since the picture was made. The Soundtrack now comes in a Jewel Case not a slip case.
  • michaelius 30 Sep 2011 10:25:14 809 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://andriasang.com/comyda/

Zero no Kiseki will have PSV version with full VA :)
  • HiddenAway 30 Sep 2011 14:43:54 14,856 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Releases in Europe on 4th November 2011

• rossb 30 Sep 2011 15:08:36 69 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Curses. Beaten again :)
  • WinstonChurchill 30 Sep 2011 17:50:12 137 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any 5 off codes this time, Ross?

I'm on the final chapter of Legend of Heroes right now and having such a good time, I am seriously inclined to get that double pack with P2.

Of course, then I'll have two copies of a game that we may never see the sequels for...
  • ghostlight_ross 30 Sep 2011 19:59:25 138 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WinstonChurchill wrote:

I'm on the final chapter of Legend of Heroes right now and having such a good time, I am seriously inclined to get that double pack with P2.

Of course, then I'll have two copies of a game that we may never see the sequels for...

I don't believe we do. I haven't been told anything about it anyway.

I know XSeed are really making an effort to get the next one out. And hey if we seel enough I'm hoping to pursuade my boss to hire someone to stand over them with a whip telling them to "translate faster" *crack*
  • HiddenAway 30 Sep 2011 21:16:45 14,856 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ghostlight_ross wrote:
    WinstonChurchill wrote:

I don't believe we do. I haven't been told anything about it anyway.

I know XSeed are really making an effort to get the next one out. And hey if we seel enough I'm hoping to pursuade my boss to hire someone to stand over them with a whip telling them to "translate faster" *crack*

Isn't the second one being remade for Vita?

• Deleted user 1 October 2011 10:55:47
    No, the one being remade is Zero no Kiseki (the 4th one).

By the way, last I heard, the second game is at least a year away from being translated, maybe more, and there's still no guarantee it'll get a release :(
    I think you need to get the whip out Ross
  • Deleted user 1 October 2011 11:39:49
    @HiddenAway Believe there is a little bit of confusion here, think Ross was talking about Second Chapter in the Trials in the Sky trilogy of PC games ported to PSP. Zero no Kiseki is all new and came out exactly one year ago in Japan for PSP.

This month in Japan a Trials in the Sky anime is coming out on DVD and Blu-Ray. Would be great if XSEED and Ghostlight could partner up with anime companies on both sides of the pond and cross promote it in 2012 alongside SC and FC.

Recommend everyone *plug* bookmarks *plug plug* the Official Nihon Falcom EG thread which is updated with all the latest news and forthcoming releases in the OP.

@Porco Yep, its understandable that Falcom want to do everything inhouse but they need to push it up the agenda. Actually I believe XSEED reps are meeting with the president of Falcom as we speak to discuss such matters.

Certain we'll eventually see SC and FC as Falcom have a lot of titles to sell abroad on Vita, just need to accept it as a loss leader or better still, offset the PSP version with Steam.

-----------------------------begin rant---------------------------------------
    To the life of me, cannot understand why Falcom gave up PC development for PSP (only in Japan eh?) without even testing the waters by making its back catalogue available. All the more reason for XSEED reps to impress upon Falcom the golden opportunities available for PC DD abroad.

But I suspect the Vita edition (cheekily announced by Falcom just after the latest PSP Kiseki had already shipped its reportedly record breaking pre-orders) is as much for us as it is for Japan. So thats a start at least. Will anyone in Japan be burning their UMDs I wonder? :D
    ------------------------------end rant----------------------------------------
  • Deleted user 1 October 2011 12:21:21
    I can understand the frustration, believe me I feel it as much as anyone else.

But, since Falcom moved from PC to PSP their profits have risen dramatically. They are making a ton of money from the kiseki series at the moment, and the PSP has a lot do with that.

So from a business point of view, you can't really blame them for the move.

I don't think PC DD abroad is anywhere near at the top of their agenda considering how well they're doing at that moment, and considering they've never really done that well abroad anyway (in comparison to their home nation).
    I still think it will happen eventually, but more because Xseed are pushing for it, and Falcom will probably just say yeah OK, when we have a bit of spare time.

As for the Vita version of Zero. I really don't think it's as much for us as for Japan.
    Xseed will not be able to afford an English voice cast, so it wouldn't make sense from an international point of view.
    They're doing it to milk as much money from the Kiseki brand in Japan as they can.

• Deleted user 1 October 2011 13:43:25
    Hehe don't worry, needed to vent and release the value on Japan being the Twilight Zone before yet another Evangelion and AK148 game came out. 0_o

Agree with you about PSP being the cause for Falcom much deserved success, glad to see it happening. Fruthermore, despite only 3 people and their internet savvy sheepdog still buying PSP games it has helped put the company on the map here.

Still find it surprising they ended decades of PC development rather than keeping it going alongside PSP. Would someone please think of the neckbeards!

Maybe you are right about the real reason for Zero no Kieski but I still reckon they have an eye towards being onboard abroad (heyoo!) this time around with Vita. Not sure how extensive it will be, or if a English cast is even needed.

Perhaps if the anime were picked up by the likes of Funimation then XSEED could find a way to contract the same dub studio handle it at the same time.
  • Deleted user 1 October 2011 15:13:32
    That's a pretty good idea about anime studio dub. We can but hope :)

The anime's not supposed to be that good though unfortunately, so don't know if anyone will pick it up.
    It's also worrying that Xseed employee wyrdwad (Tom) said recently that Trails in the Sky didn't quite do as well as they hoped. It wasn't a flop by any means, but not great either.

I really wished Falcom carried on PC development too, and hope more than anything else that one day we see their back catalogue on Steam.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last